Bit Of A Yarn

Majestic Man

Ludwig

On 1/31/2021 at 5:42 PM, whiplash smile said:

One of The most well deserved victories I can think of, bout time some real cash starts to flow his  way,

His earnings should be three times what they are,  Congrats to everybody involved!

I have always admired how Phil has always backed his boys by keeping them on for all the big races. Great confidence builder.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ludwig said:

I have always admired how Phil has always backed his boys by keeping them on for all the big races. Great confidence builder.

It shows, Matty is an excellent driver,  Nathan excellent trainer and driver, must put the pressure on Brad who has to compete with those two, with a family like that how can he go wrong!

Would have to eat humble pie when he has to ask cheeky matty for some driving advice lol!  being brothers there is bound to be some ribbing!  If he wins the Great Southern Star wouldnt be surprised if there was some bragging rights getting texted to the older Bros! lol!

Bold move and really hope it pans out the best, they thoroughly deserve it!

• Like 2

Nice efforts by majestic man to place 3rd in heat and final. Tornado valley back to best in heat and got the job done in final.

Having said that the final was a bit of a bore as far as a race goes.with them running the second 1/4 in 33 seconds. Even anthony butt on tough monarch looked like he had fallen asleep ,but apparently it was a $300,00 race. 

Edited by the galah

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Nice efforts by majestic man to place 3rd in heat and final. Tornado valley back to best in heat and got the job done in final.

Having said that the final was a bit of a bore as far as a race goes.with them running the second 1/4 in 33 seconds. Even anthony butt on tough monarch looked like he had fallen asleep ,but apparently it was a $300,00 race. 

Just a small correction Galah , with Majestic Man actually grabbing second late, in the heat in a 1.53.1 mile rate. 

That's is motoring. ! Great drive by Kate Gath in the BIG final to rest her horse TORNADO VALLEY behind the pace in the trail after that 'Gutbuster' early in night, when holding out MMan in that fast Heat.

That Gave Tornado Valley enough reserves of energy, to Sprint-lane , and win well. 

The win took his amazing record to 30 wins from 44 starts in Oz.

My Aussie hope, the little filly PINK GALAHS not quite up to the 'big boys' yet , but still 2 x good 4ths.  

She'll be winning again soon and hopefully be a Galah favourite in the future.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Just a small correction Galah , with Majestic Man actually grabbing second late, in the heat in a 1.53.1 mile rate. 

That's is motoring. ! Great drive by Kate Gath in the BIG final to rest her horse TORNADO VALLEY behind the pace in the trail after that 'Gutbuster' early in night, when holding out MMan in that fast Heat.

That Gave Tornado Valley enough reserves of energy, to Sprint-lane , and win well. 

The win took his amazing record to 30 wins from 44 starts in Oz.

My Aussie hope, the little filly PINK GALAHS not quite up to the 'big boys' yet , but still 2 x good 4ths.  

She'll be winning again soon and hopefully be a Galah favourite in the future.

Yes tornado valley got the perfect trail,but that looked to be plan b,but she couldn't hold out the horse that crossed her early.

I thought pink gallahs was one of those that was poorly driven myself,and it did very well to run 4th.Not as bad as the tough monarch drive,but given little chance in a 1700m race that they ran a first half in 1.01.5.  

After watching tornado valley and majestic man have the gutbuster you refer to in the heat,you would have thought the other drivers may have seen an opportunity to exploit that fact,but they didn't.

The heats were really competitve and exciting to watch,but take away all the hype of the final and it looked just like a sunday workout.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Just to add, the Williamson family. Seem a bloody great family, and the younger boys are training and driving well, more importantly, they are not in the spotlight for dodgy stuff, like so many have been recently. 
Keep it up

Excellent point. One Oamaru club member said to me that if any of the boys hit the headlines for any of the wrong reasons, they would be "strung up by their privates from the clothes line". Not literally of course, but they have been taught standards 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Horse went well, unlucky really to be sitting parked, especially first race. Thought a little silly not to take trail behind winner in first race, certainly cost it 2nd, but more importantly, an easier run before race later in night. 

That's true regarding the driving.horse should of won interdom but for bad driving too.such a disappointing horse in big races.i sacked horse forever after interdom.

Watched replay & was saying in head, "trail, trail", prob took 2-3 secs later before he looked for that option. That 2-3 secs cost not getting in as another horse then had time to kick up & hold him out of trail. In saying that, easy being able to watch & see exactly when  gap appears & likely much harder than it looks to just suddenly start pulling the horse out to take trail when you are full ball ahead going for lead.

They have won from 30 Jan - 5 Feb (1 week) approx AUD66k (NZD70K approx), & I think still have races to contest. How much has his main rivals won as a comparison in NZ? What a great experience it is for all involved. Creating memories 😊

Hope they don’t lose confidence. Can’t win them all & I believe had roles/draws been reversed with the winner then MM would of been the winner instead. Credit to the winner tho was their nite.

Yes Ludwig, thats great. Its not just 1 or 2 articles they would be in, it would be a minimum of 3 on the same topic. Cause that is how that journo rolls.

On 7/02/2021 at 12:16 AM, Ludwig said:

Excellent point. One Oamaru club member said to me that if any of the boys hit the headlines for any of the wrong reasons, they would be "strung up by their privates from the clothes line". Not literally of course, but they have been taught standards 

I agree, 

• 3 weeks later...

Read MM maybe sold to USA. What a fun journey it has been following him over the summer, if so. From his ding dong battles with Sundee Son, to his latest adventure across the ditch.

The Cambridge Flying Mile being a highlight, remember he was left out of the marketing poster, Karrots even stating, BUT what if he wins.

How fun it was rooting for him & watching him win that day 😁

With such a cool horse 🐴, how exciting the journey must have been for those owners.

Will it be 1 last race Down Under, before he begins his next chapter in the States. Great story either way 😁

• Like 2

On 3/1/2021 at 8:02 AM, Karrots said:

With such a cool horse 🐴, how exciting the journey must have been for those owners.

Will it be 1 last race Down Under, before he begins his next chapter in the States. Great story either way 😁

Reminds me ever so slightly off a movie called Dark Horse: The Incredible True Story of Dream Alliance (Dream). The movie tugs at your heart strings.

The following off J Turners Facebook

"This deal is off. Syndicate members had voted to accept an offer in the 500k range prior to Saturday night's win.

Changes of heart from both sides of the table have contributed.

The deal is in the rearview now and it’s on to Menangle for Majestic Man".

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 7:44 AM, Karrots said:

Think MM is racing tonight. Good luck, fly that Kiwi fly while over there. Good luck to all connections tonight. Great he made it over & great decision I think to take risk, whether it works out nor not.

Gotta try these things sometimes in life!

Here ya go.