Bit Of A Yarn

Majestic Man

Ludwig

58 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Well done to all involved with Majestic Man. The Williamson clan are a credit to the industry, and are held in high regard in Oamaru. So a big congrats to them.

thanks mate - all the doubters when I purchased his dam for the princely sum of $1500 werent right - and yes the Williamsons are so good to our syndicate.  Our treat to Phil - flying him home for Xmas day when he hadnt originally planned to.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Enteebee said:

thanks mate - all the doubters when I purchased his dam for the princely sum of $1500 werent right - and yes the Williamsons are so good to our syndicate.  Our treat to Phil - flying him home for Xmas day when he hadnt originally planned to.

I suppose the next big question is, will the next star of the syndicate be the dreaded "Donald Trump", or is he as badly behaved as his human namesake?

17 hours ago, Enteebee said:

Congratulations... a good win. Here's to more G1 wins to come...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Horse loves the mile, great gate speed. Not so good over longer distances, good option would be to send him to Aus. 

only a nose from Winterfell in the Interdominion Grand Final and after not taking the passing lane - stays Ok - just been a case of others staying one better.

What a great display from NZ's best trotters !! They are having some fantastic contests lately. Doing NZ trainers, drivers, owners of the trotters proud.

Not sure who gets the vote for Best ever? Perhaps LYELL CREEK with 56 wins from his 113 races ?

SCOTCH NOTCH did well for Australia (2 x Interdominions) and the Late Great Graeme Lang who sadly passed away early this year , perhaps with broken heart , just one month after his son , The Late Gavin Lang did with cancer. The end of 2 Amazing era's in Aus Harness racing. 

The latest generation see's TOUGH MONARCH , the only one from Aus doing battle with the fine kiwi trotters lately, placed in the Dominion H'cap, but a little short of winning form. Ex- kiwi Tornado Valley has cleaned up for a year or 2 in Oz,  but maybe coming to the end of his dominance now.

All hope is with Matty Craven and the new star (hopefully) 3 year old trotter PINK GALAHS . (the Galah BOAY would even like her.... ,lol.)

PINK GALAHS (10 wins from 13 this year) won the Victoria Oaks and Victoria Derby G1's in October , but did the sensational job at that time, of taking on the OPEN class big boys in a GROUP 1 as well , and Won in 1.54.3. Tornado Valley and Tough Monarch amongst the beaten brigade. (crazy good for 3 year old filly)

So am hoping PINK GALAHS comes back well, for some Great racing and contests with MMan and Sundee if we are lucky as fans of great racing. Best of luck to all in the National Trot this coming week.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Karrots said:

Think MM is racing tonight. Good luck, fly that Kiwi fly while over there. Good luck to all connections tonight. Great he made it over & great decision I think to take risk, whether it works out nor not.

Gotta try these things sometimes in life!

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's Majestic Man flying 👏👏

logo travel GIF by Air Iceland Connect

Well done to the Williamson family the proud parents of three champion young man.the whole mob have made  new Zealand proud.the brothers do compete against one another making NZ racing better off cause of the competive nature.the jewels at Addington was a good example with bolt for brilliance winning.well done Brad.

Edited by Forbury
Made left out
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Davis said:

The rest of the field were second-rate!! 

The WORST field of trotters (by perfromance standards)  ever assembled for a Group 1 in Australia ever !  (not counting the fab Majestic Man)

Only the third placegetter named MAJESTUOSO has won 2 at GROUP 1 level. (so credit to that i should say)

Majestuoso actually galloped and lost 30m in the home straight , and STILL ran 3rd !!!!  lol..... my goodness.

how bad was that lot? I'm so embarrassed. Second-rate is a compliment. None of the runners apart from the placegetters could or have , won or placed in  a GROUP 3 let alone a Feature Group 1.  They're Not even third-rate level horses......... sad day for G1 trotting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/12/2020 at 8:51 PM, Newmarket said:

Horse loves the mile, great gate speed. Not so good over longer distances, good option would be to send him to Aus. 

Good to see people finally listening to me 😂
Well done with the win, but wow, how bad are the Aus trotters at the moment? 

• Like 3

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/articles/summer-of-glory-majestic-raid-as-kiwi-crushes-4-year-track-record/

Yes Newmarket I recall you saying go to Oz. He was flying, like he had wings on 😁 

Isn't dat da point, to go where the best opportunities are for your horse. That would be my strategy. Shit I'd have no prob taking the Group 1 cheque. 2nd grade opposition or not. I'd be laughing all the way to the bank 😁

There was no let up as Majestic Man stopped the clock in a 1:55.4 mile rate, slashing six-10ths off the record that had stood since Keystone Del’s win in the 2016 Australian Trotting Grand Prix. Kiwi trotter dominated proceedings that has tongues wagging.

“A lot of people back home probably thought we were mad coming. 

“It didn’t feel like we were running as quick as we were, I actually thought I got it quite easy the first 500 or 600 metres. He was just happy to run, he felt tremendous, it would be scary to think he could improve off of that.”

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

15 hours ago, Forbury said:

Well done to the Williamson family the proud parents of three champion young man.the whole mob have made  new Zealand proud.the brothers do compete against one another making NZ racing better off cause of the competive nature.the jewels at Addington was a good example with bolt for brilliance winning.well done Brad.

It says something about the quality of the people living in Oamaru.