Bit Of A Yarn

any longshot tips for today 10 to 1 over

wally

Morning team.

I want to present a case for a long shot in Race 3 at Waverley today.

This mare won her first start on a heavy track back in October, and followed that up with a couple of credible runs before being spelled.

This preparation was kicked off on that bottomless Trentham track in late May ( the winner ran the 1200 in excess of 1.17) and in a strange move to me, she was backed up five days later on another very heavy Awapuni.

She dropped out, for whatever reason, on both occasions.

Given plenty of time to recover, she ran a very nice 1000 metre trial at Foxton eight days ago, beaten a long neck behind the decent galloper, Saint Kitt.

I understand the track today is much better than the two bogs she raced on fresh, and given that time to recover from both runs, and with a two kilo claim, ear muffs and a tongue tie on, we might just get a result.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Diceman's Been said:

Morning team.

I want to present a case for a long shot in Race 3 at Waverley today.

This mare won her first start on a heavy track back in October, and followed that up with a couple of credible runs before being spelled.

This preparation was kicked off on that bottomless Trentham track in late May ( the winner ran the 1200 in excess of 1.17) and in a strange move to me, she was backed up five days later on another very heavy Awapuni.

She dropped out, for whatever reason, on both occasions.

Given plenty of time to recover, she ran a very nice 1000 metre trial at Foxton eight days ago, beaten a long neck behind the decent galloper, Saint Kitt.

I understand the track today is much better than the two bogs she raced on fresh, and given that time to recover from both runs, and with a two kilo claim, ear muffs and a tongue tie on, we might just get a result.

Yes agree will add that Howie Mathews can turn form around quickly. He actually rode a horse for me at Te Aroha in 1975 flew home for 4th in a strong field. My short stint as owner trainer thats why I remember it.

• Champ Post 1

19 hours ago, The Centaur said:

Yes agree will add that Howie Mathews can turn form around quickly. He actually rode a horse for me at Te Aroha in 1975 flew home for 4th in a strong field. My short stint as owner trainer thats why I remember it.

Had a spell as a young fellow working in the Waharoa dairy factory(demolished a long time ago), and living in the Waharoa Tavern(defunct a long time ago) when you were not working

All the guys in the dairy factory were mad keen punters and every opportunity was spent at the racetrack.  Some of the guys knew quite a few of the jocks like Howie Mathews, Peter Johnson, Chris Freakley, so got to mix with them a bit.

Needless to say, got some good tips in those days

• Like 2

Well it's the much maligned Ruakaka on Saturday.

Looking forward to some of your thoughts Barry, hopefully from oncourse, after that effort at Te Awamutu the other week

I think you tipped out Kyrie Eleison last time

My $2 EW, should not affect the price:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hesi said:

Looking forward to some of your thoughts Barry, hopefully from oncourse, after that effort at Te Awamutu the other week

Love Ruakaka 

10 hours ago, hesi said:

If Kyrie Eleison has improved this time in then step up to 2100 is ominous for its opponents although Major Tom is very promising.

I am intrigued by the jockey bookings for Mckee runners in the last. Looks like they have given up on Shadows from the draw because Sam Spratt is listed for the other McKee horse. A look at Shadows only run at middle distance is revealing (4 wide out of straight & offstride and eased near fin) as well as Mckee's admitting Shadows is a much stronger horse now I would have thought Spratt would have stuck with it. 26:1 at the moment.

Barry's oncourse report would be helpful.

• Like 1

I'll be looking at

Hastings R4 #16 Cuzzie Charlie (my price $6.00)

Hastings R7 #12 Chocolate Fish (my price $7.80)

Ruakaka R8 #1 Corporate Raider (my price $5.50)

My major concern is that they all start with the letter 'C' 

And Chocolate Fish has Bandages on which I need help with as to whether they are good or bad.

• Like 3

I'm all over I'm Bronson in the first at Hastings.......like a rash.

Has led in all three hurdle starts this season against equal or better fields than this, only to puncture in the last bit.

Jumps well, and round Hastings today might get a break on some of these.......and only half deflate as he gets fitter.

That $6.50 Fixed place odds is attractive enough and the $26 Fixed win would mean pavlova and cream for lunch.

Edited by The Diceman's Been
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wally said:

any longshots for today  i notice a few kiwis in at sunny coast i see the ice knight is at big odds anyone got thoughts on him also i see sacred master and sacred rebel in as well  i actually like sacred rebel

The Ice Knight is quite a small horse. When he bolted in at Avondale he couldn't have been looking any better so I doubt there would be any improvement. I go by the belief small horses don't have much upside.

• Like 1