Bit Of A Yarn

Both BOAY teams beat the experts team! 

Karrots

Well this surprised me,  I was anticipating the expert selectors to clean us up. But go figure. Thought I’d start a thread here, as not sure that many, if any that participated saw the results posted. I was the weakest link in my team. Need to upt my game. But we still pulled off the win.

Picking winners was a rare commodity last nite, but a couple of poster were on the money with Aladdin and also 1 with Amazing Dream.

Chief can take over the reins from here. To participate in the next round head over to Harness Selections. Well done Harewood.

Team 2 (61 points) Winners

Harewood = 17 (Amazing Dream)

Roman = 16

Gamms = 15

Karrots  = 13

Team 3 (59 points) 2nd place - counted best 4 results only

Richie = 16

Milo = 16

Chief = 15

Davis = 12  (Aladdin)

Mikeynz = 12 (Aladdin)

Team 1 (58 points) 3rd place

Teaz = 16

Smith = 15

Guerin = 14

Turner = 13

Ladder Rank after grading round

1st Harewood

2nd = Roman

2nd = Richie

2nd = Milo

2nd = Teaz

6th = Gamms

6th = Chief

Smith (withdrawn)

Guerin (withdrawn)

8th Karrots

Turner (withdrawn)

9th = Davis

9th = MikeyNZ

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Thanks Karrots Happy New Year.

I didn't expect much as don't follow North Island form. I also didn't see the races except from a distance because I was with GF at Rock, Rolleston. She loves dancing so we were on the dance floor from 9pm to 12pm! It's a small thing I can do as happy gf, happy life. I saw the Alladin race during a break, it looked to be a T. Williams special drive? Good price too!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davis said:

Thanks Karrots Happy New Year.

I didn't expect much as don't follow North Island form. I also didn't see the races except from a distance because I was with GF at Rock, Rolleston. She loves dancing so we were on the dance floor from 9pm to 12pm! It's a small thing I can do as happy gf, happy life. I saw the Alladin race during a break, it looked to be a T. Williams special drive? Good price too!

Thanks, you too HNY. How fun 💃🕺

Yes nice drive & win. I should of stuck to my Sweet Lou's, would of picked 2 winners, ended with no winners. And yes I figured that with you re North & also Mikey NZ was on the trot when he quickly made his selections. I might need bet check. Poor performance. 

8 minutes ago, Roman said:

When is the next round of selecting runners. I hope Brodie joins the fun, as well as Ranga and Forbs

You did well Roman. Was fun hey. Yes be cool to get Brodie, Forbs & Ranga on too. Could those 3, + 1 more poster take down our Team 2? 

I'm not sure when next challenge, Chief can take it from here & confirm full rules, how to work it moving forward. I'd play again 💯 & esp so if great prizes are up for grabs 😁

@Chief Stipe think there is racing at Cambridge this Fri 8th, might be a couple of nice races when fields are out.

Was thinking we could do round 2 of the Harness selections ... ? And then the next 2 times do South Island meetings ... 

It's been a week since the 1st round.

I might go ahead and make my selections I think once fields are out ... 

Edited by Karrots

Have re-done ladder to points

10 Harewood

7.5 Roman/Milo/Richie/Teaz

4.5 Chief/Gamms

3 Karrots

1.5 Davis/Mikey NZ

Its the number of participants and the winner gets that amount of points and so forth moving down list. So if moving forward in next comp tomorrow only 3 participants for example the winner would get 3 points, if 5 participate then winner gets 5 points, Those that equal shared the points divided by those that shared. 

Roman has his selections in now for Camb - so anyone else that wants to join in feel free. Perhaps someone else can select the next meeting we play at 😁 @Gammalite @Harewood @Chief Stipe @Milo @Richie @JTeaz @Davis @mikeynz 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Roman has his selections in now for Camb - so anyone else that wants to join in feel free. Perhaps someone else can select the next meeting we play at 😁 

Albion Park Sat night ? hehehe   (just kidding)    Gammalite always looking for an edge on rivals hehehe  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Albion Park Sat night ? hehehe   (just kidding)    Gammalite always looking for an edge on rivals hehehe  

Why not Gamms. Makes it more fair if participants get to select if desired. How about another day-nite in a week or 2 time? Thinking to keep interest spread it to once every 7-10 days. 

Could do a couple of those meeting in Oz too eg Miracle Mile nite. Isn't that coming up sometime soon ish ... ? 

Nelson also is joining in Facebook give-away fun - as is Cambridge for both meetings tomorrow - go to their Facebooks page to enter. Cambridge as Iv mentioned in Cambridge thread have a Facebook comp for tomorrow also.

🎉 Your chance to WIN 🎉

Take a First-4 bet on any of Friday's Nelson Harness races either on your NZ TAB account or at a local NZ TAB/on-course; post a photo/screenshot of your bet in the comment section below 📸 and we'll randomly section 5 winners!

🎁 Prizes 🎁
Up for grabs is 5 x free entries to our $20 All-Up Competition on Sundays Races

🏁 Covering Races 5-9 on Sunday; our All-Up Place Challenge features a top prize of a $250 Bet on the Final Race of the Weekend. Entry Form and more information is available via Sundays Racebook 👌

💰Make sure you take advantage of the $10k Guaranteed First4's on Friday!

🤞 Good luck to all

Edited by Karrots

A reverse this week Results G Knight took top spot followed by fellow expert TAB Form Selector. So close the whole way thru, myself, Milo and Roman come out 1st equal out of our BOAY posters so take max points. @Gammalite you can take the baton and chose which meeting for next selections 😁

G Knight 22

TAB Form guide 19

Karrots 18 1st = 5points

Milo 18       1st = 5 points

Roman 18   1st = 5 points

Chief 16     4th   3 points

Richie 14    5th=   1.5 points

Gamms 14  5th = 1.5 points

Ladder points standings at Fri 8th Jan

12.5 Milo Current Leader

12.5 Roman Current Leader

10 Harewood