Bit Of A Yarn

This is one reason why the Industry is toast....

NZRacing

the old boys network is still well and truly alive re management of it. 

Bayliss had appointed to his GM team past working employees from his banking career as did that idiot John Allen from NZ Post and Foreign Affairs. Same with another ex TAB GM in Saville employed ex Aussie workmates to high end positions. They only do it to protect their butts as they know they are clueless for the roles they have. A report on the RIU and JCA was undertaken and n ex Detective was appointed who admitted to someone i know that he had no idea on the racing industry so you ask why would he get appointed ??? because he is close friends with someone on the TAB Board would that have helped?.At least he would have fitted in well with management I guess. There is supposed to be a set criteria for appointments to the Boards of the RIU oddly in this case it didn't apply.

Now he is the TAB board member for the RIU? Surely a conflict of interest one would think and once again why appoint someone clueless?? Think I answered that one above.

2015 John Allen gets appointed as CEO the next year a legal company in Wgtn was appointed to do a report on commingling for the TAB. A law firm that changed its name form when John Allen was a partner in the firm. Conflict of interest??

No doubt the company did well getting commissioned work from NZ Post and Foreign Affairs. Yes John Allen one of the best in working the Old Boys Network when getting the boot from previous positions.

Pre 1990 the Old Boys Network didn't harm the Industry too badly as racing was booming now you have less interest and idiot management there can only be one end result.  And pre Covid it was there to be seen basically trading while broke.

The place needs a forensic financial detective to go over it as the CEO and Board have no idea..

NERA-report-on-the-New-Zealand-Racing-Board-authorisation-3-June-2016.pdf

Edited by NZRacing
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

The problem is and as we have agreed over time, Accountability!.....lack of. Until there is constitutional change, this behaviour will continue. We don't have anywhere near that problem over the ditch, it's a NZ thing, same as price gouging, when I was kid everything was 'made under licence' to ensure all Kiwi's had a job. it created a culture, that spread to lack of accountability, fraudulent and misleading behaviour came next, it's reflected in industry, politics and sport. When corporate bookmaking became reality, AKA betting on sports, criminal behaviour increased,  if the watchdog had of been doing their duty?....imagine if the gladiators cooked up a one goer? and someone grassed? that's called accountability and unfortunately a major offender re lack of accountability sits in Jackson St Petone, hence shocking behaviour.

• Like 2

Here's a few questions, is this the right place? who knows, but here goes?

Is the foal crop down? was last years, will next years?

Will the thoroughbred, standardbred kill be up in the abattoirs? no use asking about the back paddock kill as that's been happening for years, especially on the commercial studs, [I know that first hand]

Will someone of importance tell the public how much debt the racing industry is carrying and will the government need to bail them out.....again.

Will a tax or CGT on equine exports via vendor be introduced to assist the industry in general.

Will the funds from generous tax write-offs on potential racehorse/stallion purchases be reassessed/redirected to the industry infrastructure fund or just absorbed into general Government revenue...

Here's another example

Cameron George accepts the post of NZTR Chairman then promptly buggers off to Aussie with his league team for the long term(months I would presume)

At least he is a face we all know(as compared to the previous non entities) but it is pretty clear he is going to be an absentee Chairman.  Is the industry going that well that there is no need to have the (presumably handsomely paid) Administrators watching out for it?  

Why would he have put himself up for and accepted the job when he knew he was not going to be here?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Reefton said:

Here's another example

Cameron George accepts the post of NZTR Chairman then promptly buggers off to Aussie with his league team for the long term(months I would presume)

At least he is a face we all know(as compared to the previous non entities) but it is pretty clear he is going to be an absentee Chairman.  Is the industry going that well that there is no need to have the (presumably handsomely paid) Administrators watching out for it?  

Why would he have put himself up for and accepted the job when he knew he was not going to be here?

My bet FWIW, he's taking the piss.

I'm still stunned he's the Chair (or even on the Board) given his history and current mishandling of the Warriors job but spare a bit of disdain for Wacko Jacko who forces himself on the Board but only as the Chair, achieves nothing as usual for him, then resigns so as to pick up a position (presumably on the TAB Board) where he previously had a long history of achieving nothing.  Oh I forgot he raised the takeout rates in his short stint as Chair of that organisation.

It's hubris all round

1 hour ago, Mark D said:

I'm still stunned he's the Chair (or even on the Board) given his history and current mishandling of the Warriors job but spare a bit of disdain for Wacko Jacko who forces himself on the Board but only as the Chair, achieves nothing as usual for him, then resigns so as to pick up a position (presumably on the TAB Board) where he previously had a long history of achieving nothing.  Oh I forgot he raised the takeout rates in his short stint as Chair of that organisation.

It's hubris all round

Nothing changes but a lot of the industry buy into the spin.  There are many individuals like JJ Flash who reckon the TAB NZ and NZTR boards are "new brooms" when they aren't.

As an aside what is Cameron George doing wrong at the Warriors?

2 hours ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

Not many coaches have matched N Brown's great achievement---------" The 2016 NRL season was Brown's first as head coach of the Newcastle Knights. In his first two seasons at Newcastle, Brown's side collected back to back wooden spoons,"

He was a good player for the Dragons, being a passionate dragon fan I wanted him to succeed as a coach, went ok in the UK, hasn't gone well back home, the culture in AKL will do him in.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

There's a culture at the Warriors, a bad one, always has been, a one city team works, well in Oz it does, George has no idea, he's in his element at that joint.

Not working too good at the Broncos,or the useless Titans.

As I said in another thread a little clarification courtesy of Darryl Park the  newest NZTR member at Greymouth today.  George is only an interim Chairman - they are electing a new Chair in March.  So the absentee issue is temporary assuming he is not reappointed.

5 hours ago, Reefton said:

As I said in another thread a little clarification courtesy of Darryl Park the  newest NZTR member at Greymouth today.  George is only an interim Chairman - they are electing a new Chair in March.  So the absentee issue is temporary assuming he is not reappointed.

Had a chat with Darryl.

I would imagine Darryl Park would be a great addition  as he is a hell of a nice guy,very approachable and knows a lot about horses and the racing people in general. When he was a bit younger he used to help out a lot at his stepdads stables in the weekends and has raced a lot of horses himself.So if and when a trainer or whomever has a question,Darryl would definately be the man to go to.

• Like 1