Bit Of A Yarn

My Sincere Apologies BOAY'ERS.

No one is my 'favourite target', well Petone is, but I think most on here target hopelessness and stupidity resulting in the demise of good hardworking buggers. There are none so blind than those that Cannot see, my gripe is no one, and I mean no one should place themselves in a position where integrity is compromised.......Te Akau would have contravened the rules of racing here, but apparently not in NZ......so why then defend them to the death, I've got nothing against Mrs Bosson, good on her, nothing against Richards, he's got a great record, good on him, the worlds his oyster, but no-one should get preferential treatment over others....here, there....or anywhere.....if you're correct, the rules in NZ are vastly different to here and very lax.

End of....I'm going for a surf.......33 degrees and the water 24.......

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

.Te Akau would have contravened the rules of racing here, but apparently not in NZ......so why then defend them to the death, I've got nothing against Mrs Bosson, good on her, nothing against Richards, he's got a great record, good on him, the worlds his oyster, but no-one should get preferential treatment over others....here, there....or anywhere.....if you're correct, the rules in NZ are vastly different to here and very lax.

I'm not "defending anyone to death" because of a perceived bias or sycophancy.  The fact is I'll defend anyone without fear or favour if they have been unjustly accused. 

Joe - I've just checked the Australian Rules of Racing and the Queensland Racing Local Rules.  There is nothing in those rules that would have prevented someone other than the trainer from carrying the saddle from the Weighing Room to the Stabling Area.  Indeed I haven't found a Local Rule for Racing Victoria that states the restrictions that you describe.  The following is the only reference to saddling in the Australian Racing Rules.  Racing Victoria has Local Rules that relate to Saddling but they only relate to the time the horses have to be in the Saddling Paddock.

image.png

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Dog with a bone guys , time to let it go .

Sure since I've clarified that there isn't any rule against it.

The best system would be having a saddling paddock like they do at Kentucky Downs.  After the Jockey weighs out they should then carry their own saddle to the horse and assist the trainer in saddling the horse.  That would solve the flaw in Joe's approach where Jamie Richards has to carry five saddles and about 20kgs of lead!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/01/2021 at 6:41 PM, Chief Stipe said:

As many of us do we look through the yearling sales book each year, buy a Lotto ticket and hope our numbers come through.

Unfortunately plan A didn't come through.  But I picked a few out anyway.  One in particular.  

I liked a colt that had my favourite blood line and was a bit of a looker.  He was bought by Te Akau.

Anyway a couple of months later I had reason to contact Te Akau on an unrelated matter.  I mentioned in passing that one of the yearlings they purchased I  really liked.  I was told there was a share left and would I like to but it.

Some of you may recall that I sent out an email asking if anyone was interested in buying a small share of a share in a yearling being trained by a good stable.

A number of you said yes.  I mucked around and by the time I got back to Te Akau the shares had all been sold.  However one of the shareholders offered me part of theirs.

Anyway my personal circumstances changed and I let it slip.

The yearling was by Brazen Beau and as you may have guessed by now was named On The Bubbles.

I've kept in touch and have followed what he was doing very closely.  He is one of those horses that has kept on improving each step of the way.

I'm not sure if they took any notice but I texted them this week to not worry about the draw.  I said he has shown he jumps with them and has got speed.  "He'll glide forward and will end up 2 or 3 back one out."

This horse is a good horse with a lot of upside and will be a good three year old up to a mile.  Hasnt run a race time yet but can put in a good sectional and sprint twice in a race.  Tough too!

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

"I'm not sure if they took any notice but I texted them this week to not worry about the draw.  I said he has shown he jumps with them and has got speed.  "He'll glide forward and will end up 2 or 3 back one out."

Please tell me this is FAKE NEWS and you're winding us up?

Maybe the first 3 words would have sufficed if you did....

Was this after a trip harvesting your 'stuff' in the Wai Taks where Chopper coverage has been suspended so you have free rain?

• Haha 1