Bit Of A Yarn

What's Boyz Get pLaid and NZ First got in common?

Thomass

1 hour ago, Freda said:

Yes, the Kidz Karts have been fantastic for the harness fraternity, surely some pony scurries could have been worked into the galloping mob. Too hard?  or too up ourselves to bother?

Look at the Shetland steeplechases in the UK/Ireland, the Donkey Derby.    Hilarious and great fun.

I have seen the Kidz carts at a number of galloping meetings in the North Island Freda. 

44 minutes ago, Freda said:

Didn't know that, that's great.

Why can the ridden ponies not have a series, too?

They do have series, final was at Hawkes Bay last year and winning rider invited to Dubai(I think) to compete. 

Tauherenikau always have a pony race on the card, and the one at the beach races always draws a big field(much to the once a year commentators disliking). Only thing I don't like about the pony race is it's just a dash of 2 or 300  meters, be nice to see them actually have to try and ride a race on them not just foot down and run. 

• Like 1

Ya learn something every day.

That is good to hear, but nothing of that nature down here.

There has been the odd novelty scamper as I recall, but not as a consistent fixture or series.

There was a 'ride to time ' exercise organized in conjunction  with David Walsh and some local pony clubs, where the youngsters were able to pacework their ponies at the track, but that was very different from the above discussion of course. 

How many races for the ponies would there be in a year?  And, all over the north, or just the C.D ?

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Quite frankly Thomas's view pisses me off.  All he does is unjustifiably reinforce the view that a racecourse isn't a place to take a child.  Hell if my daughter had heard the BGP chanting she would have laughed.  She wouldn't have thought about any hidden meaning or innuendo which seems to be fixated in Thomas's mind.  Cancel culture - I hate it.

Can't you read?

I said the Frat Boys discourage "women and kids"

FFS what do you think that means iron stain?

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Can't you read?

I said the Frat Boys discourage "women and kids"

FFS what do you think that means iron stain?

Unfortunately I can read your crap although it requires some mentality agility to make some sense of it.  Why don't you post here in the same literary style that you do on your Twitter account?

Where is your proof that they discourage "women and kids"?  BGP understandably has an R18 restriction as they are predominantly a punting syndicate.  Those who own Kiddies Castle's discourage the BGP.  So what?  

19 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Unfortunately I can read your crap although it requires some mentality agility to make some sense of it.  Why don't you post here in the same literary style that you do on your Twitter account?

Where is your proof that they discourage "women and kids"?  BGP understandably has an R18 restriction as they are predominantly a punting syndicate.  Those who own Kiddies Castle's discourage the BGP.  So what?  

Try 15% women

What does that tell you . . . they're lesbians you think

5 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Try 15% women

What does that tell you . . . they're lesbians you think

That's very sexist and discriminatory of you but then your association with hypocrisy knows no bounds.

So 15% of the BGP membership are women.  What's your point?  The BGP should be representative of society?  Why?  That isn't their objective.  Are you suggesting that some bureaucrat passes legislation to force some notion of equality on the BGP membership?

Thomas you are so "Woke" that you are blinded by sleep!

2 minutes ago, Huey said:

What is the twitter handle? Always looking for some value in my life.

Since I've called him out on it he has made it private so you have to apply to be a follower.  Got 21 at the moment.  Must have been a long list of subscribers to his betting tips!

It isn't exactly an exciting read anyway.  Unlike here where he writes like an illiterate failed comedian the style of prose on Twitter is "normal."  Not an ellipse in sight!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Crikey....  Da sexist Boyz only Club has competition!

ALL FROCKED UP GIRLS sponsored a race at Rangas last week

Simon was shit scared he'd get all tongue tied and spit something inappropriate out...

...like Boys Get Laid or something I guess...

Is this Frocked Up 'movement' about to become a competitive club for the Boyz...

...who got sponsored to the Oxidised Turf last week with the 15% 'Girls membership...hangers on....nothings changed there then