Bit Of A Yarn

What's Boyz Get pLaid and NZ First got in common?

Thomass

On 7/02/2021 at 5:34 PM, Gammalite said:

Why would you NOT market towards a group That SUPPORTS your sport. ???  good on them.....

The BARMY ARMY has a pretty poor name as well (more mad name than sexist?) but will be welcomed to support the English cricketers where they go (chants and all) You don't like the name of the group? get over it.......

It's called having Fun mate, and supporting your sport and passion.

The photo is brilliant at the start of your thread here.!!! some blokes getting togeather, having fun , SUPPORTING the industry with a bet , And Actually turning up at the track on raceday. !! (sales of refreshments and lunches good)

I Can't find a problem. The girls that know them, would wish them well !! like sending guys on a footy trip ! 

RACING Benefits from their participation !!!!   

(not kids like mine in their 20's who go along certain racedays for drinks and to dress-up' show-off, don't bet, don't  even look at the horses at all)  now there is something the clubs and NZTR should be worried about.

Very simple...

They're a male FRAT group with a FRAT name that implies sexual triumph...

...and they chant it...which is what Frat houses do after having sex with usually drunk women who they've encouraged to get drunker...

This Group was started by a few of 'the lads' who wanted a punt while having a few drinks and fun...

Now they've called it a 'Movement' and moved on....bought and sold yearlings and made their own booze brand...

But they didn't change their sexualised name or their management group to include women...

Imagine sporting organisations like the NRL supporting an ALL male group who get pissed and chant sexist b/s at their games...minus women and children...

...then fill Television review shows with ALL male panels like Rugby and League used to

No, they've moved way ahead realising that pandering to just one group will be the death of the game...

Some Males still detest Females having any opinion on an all male game....

Im picking you're one of those...

Male chauvinists are well passed their used by dates....most Sporting Organisations realise that..

Apart from NZTR it seems...and you

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Very simple...

They're a male FRAT group with a FRAT name that implies sexual triumph...

...and they chant it...which is what Frat houses do after having sex with usually drunk women who they've encouraged to get drunker...

This Group was started by a few of 'the lads' who wanted a punt while having a few drinks and fun...

Now they've called it a 'Movement' and moved on....bought and sold yearlings and made their own booze brand...

But they didn't change their sexualised name or their management group to include women...

Imagine sporting organisations like the NRL supporting an ALL male group who get pissed and chant sexist b/s at their games...minus women and children...

...then fill Television review shows with ALL male panels like Rugby and League used to

No, they've moved way ahead realising that pandering to just one group will be the death of the game...

Some Males still detest Females having any opinion on an all male game....

Im picking you're one of those...

Male chauvinists are well passed their used by dates....most Sporting Organisations realise that..

Apart from NZTR it seems...and you

A fair bit of Pot Kettle going on Thomarse.  Has the Princess been let down?

Do you want me to list all the sexist posts you have posted?  You're a right raving hypocritical lunatic.

3 hours ago, Thomass said:

Very simple.

They're a male FRAT group with a FRAT name that implies sexual triumph.

.and they chant it.which is what Frat houses do after having sex with usually drunk women who they've encouraged to get drunker.

This Group was started by a few of 'the lads' who wanted a punt while having a few drinks and fun.

Now they've called it a 'Movement' and moved on..bought and sold yearlings and made their own booze brand.

But they didn't change their sexualised name or their management group to include women.

Imagine sporting organisations like the NRL supporting an ALL male group who get pissed and chant sexist b/s at their games.minus women and children.

.then fill Television review shows with ALL male panels like Rugby and League used to

No, they've moved way ahead realising that pandering to just one group will be the death of the game.

Some Males still detest Females having any opinion on an all male game..

Im picking you're one of those.

Male chauvinists are well passed their used by dates..most Sporting Organisations realise that..

Apart from NZTR it seems.and you

Not sure why you STEREOTYPE a whole group, and call them sexist/ chauvinist, Frats, whatever.

It is indeed yourself who is sexist and Anti-social for implying this. That group of gentleman would be from all walks of life , married, have kids, wealthy, poor, single, gay, happy, , ...etc.

and They are having a Punt and a Drink and some Lunch and enjoying the RACING !! 

Sure you don't want to throw in ALCOHOLICS and PROBLEM GAMBLERS with your Stereotype? 

You could be right, and some might just fit that sterotype as well. BUT NOT ALL .  

BoysGetPaid IMPORTANTLY , Support the industry of Horse Racing !!  NZTR, TAB, and racecourse officials should be Thanking them for their presence ??? 

I couldn't care less in the slightest way,  if women are in that mob or not. not sure if that is chauvinistic ? No doubt the Doubting Thomass thinks it is

,I do think it is a great idea to support groups/movements  that support racing, Whatever STUPID name they use.

p.s. Yes If the Chants are offending to women, or any group in earshot, (I have no idea what they are, or why they find that necessary) That should be stopped by security, as that is not supporting racing.

• Bad Post 1

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Not sure why you STEREOTYPE a whole group, and call them sexist/ chauvinist, Frats, whatever.

It is indeed yourself who is sexist and Anti-social for implying this. That group of gentleman would be from all walks of life , married, have kids, wealthy, poor, single, gay, happy, , .etc.

and They are having a Punt and a Drink and some Lunch and enjoying the RACING !! 

Sure you don't want to throw in ALCOHOLICS and PROBLEM GAMBLERS with your Stereotype? 

You could be right, and some might just fit that sterotype as well. BUT NOT ALL .  

BoysGetPaid IMPORTANTLY , Support the industry of Horse Racing !!  NZTR, TAB, and racecourse officials should be Thanking them for their presence ??? 

I couldn't care less in the slightest way,  if women are in that mob or not. not sure if that is chauvinistic ? No doubt the Doubting Thomass thinks it is

,I do think it is a great idea to support groups/movements  that support racing, Whatever STUPID name they use.

p.s. Yes If the Chants are offending to women, or any group in earshot, (I have no idea what they are, or why they find that necessary) That should be stopped by security, as that is not supporting racing.

Good points.

The only thing that I have heard is a song "there's only one Opie Bosson' on Karaka Millions night when he rides a winner that they have punted. Sung to the tune of Winter Wonderland I think. What chants are you referring to Thomas? 

3 hours ago, All The Aces said:

Good points.

The only thing that I have heard is a song "there's only one Opie Bosson' on Karaka Millions night when he rides a winner that they have punted. Sung to the tune of Winter Wonderland I think. What chants are you referring to Thomas? 

When's the last time you've had the talingas cleaned out ATA?

Listen carefully I shall say this only once..

At the very start..then half way through after Fat GOAT appears

• Champ Post 1

26 minutes ago, Thomass said:

t the very start.

Thank you Thomass for the post. That was magnificent. I enjoyed that video very much !!

some great horses winning, some excellent Punters, A happy racecourse day and facilities and Fun had by many. You kiwis know how to Party !!!!!!  well done. !!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

A fair bit of Pot Kettle going on Thomarse.  Has the Princess been let down?

Do you want me to list all the sexist posts you have posted?  You're a right raving hypocritical lunatic.

Teenagers can't differentiate between fantasy and fact either.

• Bad Post 2

9 hours ago, Gammalite said:

It is indeed yourself who is sexist and Anti-social for implying this. That group of gentleman would be from all walks of life , married, have kids, wealthy, poor, single, gay, happy, , .etc.

As I said.an idea from another era and EXCLUDING Women and kids.

Imagine this Boys Club going along cap in hand to NRL management.as they did to the TAB & NZTR.

.wanting special big boys panties privileges in the stand.so they can punt a Sports bet.

.then the anti women and kids chant

And now they've taken over pre and post race day reports with a bunch of boys to add to our Industry shame of excluding women and kids

The NRL would have told them to bugger off..

Even those knuckleheads knew they had to become Women and Family friendly in ALL facets

• Bad Post 2

42 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

Not a bad video. Thanks T.

Looks like a good time was had by all and by all accounts it seems they did get paid. Hard to figure your beef on this one Thomas. 

Well I'm pleased you've resurrected your hearing aids A. . . . 

Even the last meeting they were hard at it. . . . 

. ..did some wag stick an Aucks road cone over your noggin while you were playing spot the woman on Kraka night?

The ARC Marketing Aimless are into it too. . . . 

. . ..they just target the pretty white boys and Girls from Kings and Dio types. . . . 

. . .and no Chinese stuff thanks. . . . 

. .or poor people from struggle street.especially Sth  . . .

Edited by Thomass
  • Bad Post 1

35 minutes ago, Thomass said:

As I said.an idea from another era and EXCLUDING Women and kids.

Imagine this Boys Club going along cap in hand to NRL management.as they did to the TAB & NZTR.

.wanting special big boys panties privileges in the stand.so they can punt a Sports bet.

.then the anti women and kids chant

And now they've taken over pre and post race day reports with a bunch of boys to add to our Industry shame of excluding women and kids

The NRL would have told them to bugger off..

Even those knuckleheads knew they had to become Women and Family friendly in ALL facets

I took my kids to an NRL match once and the Language being dished out all around me was appalling towards opposition and referee. so that was a ONCE only experience. didn't go back.

Perhaps if these chants are as bad as you say they are at the races,  I wouldn't want to be near them either.

My daughter donned the graduation robes and graduated UQ last Friday as a honours lawyer, so I am happy with my family achievement. Plenty of beautiful places to take kids growing up (beaches, theme parks , etc)

I never took them to races as is a location mainly for Adults , punting, drinking , having a good time , just like in your video. Not a lot there for kids. Plenty of women get togeather at races and LOVE to dress up . Is that you?? 

Give it a go for heavens sake. !!!! You might even enjoy yourself instead of being such a PARTY POOP. oh sorry I mean PARTY POOPER.

or too busy criticising people having Fun as a group, ???  and 

• Champ Post 1

12 hours ago, Gammalite said:

I took my kids to an NRL match once and the Language being dished out all around me was appalling towards opposition and referee. so that was a ONCE only experience. didn't go back.

Perhaps if these chants are as bad as you say they are at the races,  I wouldn't want to be near them either.

My daughter donned the graduation robes and graduated UQ last Friday as a honours lawyer, so I am happy with my family achievement. Plenty of beautiful places to take kids growing up (beaches, theme parks , etc)

I never took them to races as is a location mainly for Adults , punting, drinking , having a good time , just like in your video. Not a lot there for kids. Plenty of women get togeather at races and LOVE to dress up . Is that you?? 

Give it a go for heavens sake. !!!! You might even enjoy yourself instead of being such a PARTY POOP. oh sorry I mean PARTY POOPER.

or too busy criticising people having Fun as a group, ???  and 

That's right I keep forgetting you're in the land of pests and convicts. . , . , . 

In the recent NZRB report it found NZ Women had a high incidence of harassment and bullying against them with a lack of safe reporting protocols and Poor follow up. . , . , . 

. , . ,.further it highlighted a lack of Women in leadership roles including stewarding and investigating . , . , .

Is it any wonder with Industry support of male dominated groups like BGP . . . 

.chanting, farting, boozing away in the stand sans women . . . 

Edited by Thomass
  • Sad 1
  • Bad Post 1

1 minute ago, Thomass said:

That's right I keep forgetting you're in the land of pests and convicts. .

In the recent NZRB report it found NZ Women had a high incidence of harassment and bullying against them with a lack of safe reporting protocols and Poor follow up. . 

.further it highlighted a lack of Women in leadership roles including stewarding and investigatin . 

Hahaha yeah the Barmy Army sure give it to us in Oz at the cricket about that Convict angle , with their chants and songs lol.  they actually hand out song sheets so the locals can join in !!!  bit of fun. hahaha    be a great match for BGP by the sound of it..

Your country has a Female Leader so pretty BIG leadership role obtained. So great effort by Jacinda. Julia Gillard in Aus made it to that post too, but I think suffered a bit of harassment and bullying as you suggested can happen.

Anyway at the races WOMEN are getting there !! The main act on your tracks sees Danielle and Linda winning heaps. How good are they?

Jamie Kah is leading and might win prestigious Victoria Jockey Premiership !!!!!!!  a fab rider. Michelle won Melbourne Cup .. great   ,, the Time honoured New Zealand trotting Cup won by Kerryn Manning in 2015 by a woman trainer driver for the first time ever , beating the ALLstars barn ( who of course have the wonderful Queensland lady Natalie Rasmussen , the current Interdominion Champion, and world class driver )

Nobody should want to do that Stewarding/ Investigating hahahah  horrible stuff, girls/women should be smart and 'Run away' from all that shitty stuff if possible.

So the Racing Industry really has the girls at the Forefront !!  strappers, jocks, trainers (ask Gai) all the beautifully dressed young ladies in the crowd. Why worry about a few blokes on the Punt ???

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Thomass said:

That's right I keep forgetting you're in the land of pests and convicts. . , . , . 

In the recent NZRB report it found NZ Women had a high incidence of harassment and bullying against them with a lack of safe reporting protocols and Poor follow up. . , . , . 

. , . ,.further it highlighted a lack of Women in leadership roles including stewarding and investigating . , . , .

What's your real issue?

You don't bang on like this on your Twitter account.  I note on that account you actually write "normally" without the hyperbole and BS.  I guess that is because it would detract from your claim on Twitter that you are: 

NZ's most prolific tipster of winning Thoroughbreds...at VALUE

3 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Hahaha yeah the Barmy Army sure give it to us in Oz at the cricket about that Convict angle , with their chants and songs lol.  they actually hand out song sheets so the locals can join in !!!  bit of fun. hahaha    be a great match for BGP by the sound of it..

A classic example Gammalite.  Yep all a bit of fun.  

13 hours ago, Gammalite said:

I never took them to races as is a location mainly for Adults , punting, drinking , having a good time , just like in your video. Not a lot there for kids.

I actually disagree that there isn't a lot for kids at the races.  When I was racing a horse I always took my daughter to the races from the age of 3 to about 5.  She loved it until the other parent found out and started pushing a perception of the races that quite frankly doesn't exist.  Unless you go find it.  Let's face it you can find that anywhere including a Rugby match.  That was about 11 years ago.  

I made the race day a learning and fun experience.  The mandatory hot dog and chips and orange juice.  Dad a pie and a beer  Patting Dad's horse.  Don't tell anyone but I used to put her bets on for her.  Age 3 she was able to read the race book, understand weights, read the odds off the TV screens and put a dollar each way on a horse she liked the colour of or that looked "cute".

As she got older I taught her more complicated mathematics like factorials (boxed trifectas) and how to read form.  Even then there were groups like the BGP on course.  Awapuni University day for one.  She observed and thought they were funny.  I pointed out examples of how to behave and how not to behave and the dangers of certain behaviours and what caused them.  I guess a snapshot of life which she would encounter but alongside her best mate her Dad.

My horse raced at Ellerslie on Derby Day and I took her with me.  We lived near Wellington at the time and were on a tiki tour of the North Island.  She was the best dressed child on course - her and I shopped for her outfit and accessories.  We were in the members stand.  Do you know what?  Of all the race day experiences her and I enjoyed that was the one that I felt the most uncomfortable about.  There were more frowns and look down the nose looks than we had experienced before.  Ended up going to the Public stand.  

fCW6RptZV6aHlB-BS3OEqjmXu0hEQHqWB1n6cKV1

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I actually disagree that there isn't a lot for kids at the races.  When I was racing a horse I always took my daughter to the races from the age of 3 to about 5.  She loved it until the other parent found out and started pushing a perception of the races that quite frankly doesn't exist.  Unless you go find it.  Let's face it you can find that anywhere including a Rugby match.  That was about 11 years ago.  

I made the race day a learning and fun experience.  The mandatory hot dog and chips and orange juice.  Dad a pie and a beer  Patting Dad's horse.  Don't tell anyone but I used to put her bets on for her.  Age 3 she was able to read the race book, understand weights, read the odds off the TV screens and put a dollar each way on a horse she liked the colour of or that looked "cute".

As she got older I taught her more complicated mathematics like factorials (boxed trifectas) and how to read form.  Even then there were groups like the BGP on course.  Awapuni University day for one.  She observed and thought they were funny.  I pointed out examples of how to behave and how not to behave and the dangers of certain behaviours and what caused them.  I guess a snapshot of life which she would encounter but alongside her best mate her Dad.

My horse raced at Ellerslie on Derby Day and I took her with me.  We lived near Wellington at the time and were on a tiki tour of the North Island.  She was the best dressed child on course - her and I shopped for her outfit and accessories.  We were in the members stand.  Do you know what?  Of all the race day experiences her and I enjoyed that was the one that I felt the most uncomfortable about.  There were more frowns and look down the nose looks than we had experienced before.  Ended up going to the Public stand.  

fCW6RptZV6aHlB-BS3OEqjmXu0hEQHqWB1n6cKV1

Great yarn /story chief! great memories. Yes I take that comment back that , well especially NZ with a lot of the beaut PICNIC races on through the summer at gallops or trots meetings.,  sure to be lots of kids entertainment on.  and the littlies sure do love horses .. 

I would guess they even have ponies out the back for kids rides, and the like..  would be a good day out.

48 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Great yarn /story chief! great memories. Yes I take that comment back that , well especially NZ with a lot of the beaut PICNIC races on through the summer at gallops or trots meetings.,  sure to be lots of kids entertainment on.  and the littlies sure do love horses .. 

I would guess they even have ponies out the back for kids rides, and the like..  would be a good day out.

Another point I was making Gammalite is there doesn't have to be special entertainment for kids.  It is about interacting with them when you are there.  I hate it when I hear "Oh a racecourse is no place for a kid!"  Why not?  Sure there are people drinking, gambling and sometimes misbehaving but they are safe places.  Generally safer than many City malls.

When my daughter and I went on our annual holiday together it was often the only holiday I had as well.  Did I stop going somewhere to have a cold beer?  Course not.  Did I leave her sitting in the car with a can of coke, a packet of chips and an iPad?  Course not.  I took her with me.  She'd have an orange juice and a packet of chips and Dad had a couple of beers and we would have a bit of a yarn.  We'd occasionally meet people and I taught her to introduce herself, to converse properly and to be polite i.e. learn how to socialise correctly.  Yes occasionally there might be something that was a bit off.  But I'd explain that to her.  

Quite frankly Thomas's view pisses me off.  All he does is unjustifiably reinforce the view that a racecourse isn't a place to take a child.  Hell if my daughter had heard the BGP chanting she would have laughed.  She wouldn't have thought about any hidden meaning or innuendo which seems to be fixated in Thomas's mind.  Cancel culture - I hate it.

Making rules and regulations and supposedly protecting our children from dangers only makes them more vulnerable and confused.  FFS now they have to worry about whether they identify themselves as man, woman, gender neutral, binary and so on!

LOL I remember when I took her (age 11) down to the local at St Heliers one holiday.  Pitched up to the locals table - truly representative of the St Heliers community - white, male, rich.  She'd already met a few of them and she was made welcome.  The boys gave her a seat.  Anyway the "new All Black anthem" screened on TV - all in Maori.  Well there was a varied opinion about that I can tell you.  It set one guy right off.  Ranting, raving, swearing - a real performance getting more and more wound up.  Anyway with perfect timing my daughter chipped in "Jimmy you really aren't showing the aroha there are you?"  Stopped him dead in his tracks - speechless with a slowly emerging grin.  I was gobsmacked and proud.  The rest were cracking up - here was this young lady very politely putting Jimmy in his place when they were about to tell him to STFU!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Another point I was making Gammalite is there doesn't have to be special entertainment for kids.  It is about interacting with them when you are there.  I hate it when I hear "Oh a racecourse is no place for a kid!"  Why not?  Sure there are people drinking, gambling and sometimes misbehaving but they are safe places.  Generally safer than many City malls.

When my daughter and I went on our annual holiday together it was often the only holiday I had as well.  Did I stop going somewhere to have a cold beer?  Course not.  Did I leave her sitting in the car with a can of coke, a packet of chips and an iPad?  Course not.  I took her with me.  She'd have an orange juice and a packet of chips and Dad had a couple of beers and we would have a bit of a yarn.  We'd occasionally meet people and I taught her to introduce herself, to converse properly and to be polite i.e. learn how to socialise correctly.  Yes occasionally there might be something that was a bit off.  But I'd explain that to her.  

Quite frankly Thomas's view pisses me off.  All he does is unjustifiably reinforce the view that a racecourse isn't a place to take a child.  Hell if my daughter had heard the BGP chanting she would have laughed.  She wouldn't have thought about any hidden meaning or innuendo which seems to be fixated in Thomas's mind.  Cancel culture - I hate it.

Making rules and regulations and supposedly protecting our children from dangers only makes them more vulnerable and confused.  FFS now they have to worry about whether they identify themselves as man, woman, gender neutral, binary and so on!

LOL I remember when I took her (age 11) down to the local at St Heliers one holiday.  Pitched up to the locals table - truly representative of the St Heliers community - white, male, rich.  She'd already met a few of them and she was made welcome.  The boys gave her a seat.  Anyway the "new All Black anthem" screened on TV - all in Maori.  Well there was a varied opinion about that I can tell you.  It set one guy right off.  Ranting, raving, swearing - a real performance getting more and more wound up.  Anyway with perfect timing my daughter chipped in "Jimmy you really aren't showing the aroha there are you?"  Stopped him dead in his tracks - speechless with a slowly emerging grin.  I was gobsmacked and proud.  The rest were cracking up - here was this young lady very politely putting Jimmy in his place when they were about to tell him to STFU!

Good post CS I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments, its now also becoming a lot harder for kids to get some sort of decent exposure to the sport given the direction its heading, which is detrimental to the industry in so many ways, many of which we are beginning to experience now.

17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Fair call there Chief, you have made the most of it and developed a great young lady..!

My dad travelled with 4 Blokes and a fine horse from Tassie named HALWES in 1968 to NZ for Akld Interdominion , and ended up staying on after, so bought young family out to NZ as well then (he had lost family members, horses, equipment in the tragic HUGE 1967 Tasmanian Bushfires Disaster, that set half of Tassie alight,  and gave the horse game away with heartbreak I think. some truly unimaginable trauma done to him) , took me to races at ripe old age of 14 many years later in 1978 Alex park.  great kiwi man John Devlin sent me to Oz in the 80's with his horses.

This century has been weekend 'Kids Sport' and those sort of things lol..  both kids graduated past 15 months with 2 degrees each from uni and recently left home too ! wahoo !  time to get back to races ? lol..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Huey said:

Good post CS I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments, its now also becoming a lot harder for kids to get some sort of decent exposure to the sport given the direction its heading, which is detrimental to the industry in so many ways, many of which we are beginning to experience now.

They barely cater for the punters , why would they cater for the punters kids .

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, nomates said:

They barely cater for the punters , why would they cater for the punters kids .

I think its been up to the clubs to cater for the kids and most have done a pretty good job at it, with the kids go racing scheme one thing that stands out to me. However NZracing is just so disjointed in the calendar & seasons that its difficult to have any real follow up around getting the kids interested and regarding it as a sport and not gambling. 

• Like 1

Yes, the Kidz Karts have been fantastic for the harness fraternity, surely some pony scurries could have been worked into the galloping mob. Too hard?  or too up ourselves to bother?

Look at the Shetland steeplechases in the UK/Ireland, the Donkey Derby.    Hilarious and great fun.

Edited by Freda
  • Like 2