Bit Of A Yarn

HRNZ CEO Gary Woodham on The Box Seat

Rangatira

21 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

was that way way back in 2004 ?

i am still trying to remember what i went to the fridge for 5 mins ago

Yep, must have been around that time. For myself, I will always remember that time, cost a couple of guys their lifes. You would have thought people would learn from back then, but not on last couple of years results. 
So come on Gary Woodham, get hard on these losers. 

BTW, think i saw him with his Mrs at Kaikoura, attractive broad

7 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Wonder what is happening with the colours, just as that they showed them on Boxseat & said they would be worn from Ashburton, but they are still showing AS colours this week.

Anyway guess change over mustn’t be too far away.

I heard its still under discussion and Woodham may have jumped gun,no reason to change as registered as All Stars colours and new trainer still training under All Stars banner.Apparently Hayden will decide over next couple of days if he will register the new colours

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Richie said:

I heard its still under discussion and Woodham may have jumped gun,no reason to change as registered as All Stars colours and new trainer still training under All Stars banner.Apparently Hayden will decide over next couple of days if he will register the new colours

A question here maybe was part of takeover Cullen had to use colours for awile maybe to end of season 

16 hours ago, Richie said:

hayden might be seeking advice from his outstanding stable boy

3 hours ago, Karrots said:

No Woodham on Boxseat this week, but Guerrin is starting to be a crack-up in a good way. His comments at the end of the show made me chuckle yet again.

laugh lol GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Had a quick look at how they described the need you now and last of the mohicans drives.Guerin making excuses for the need you now drive,and then greg o'connor saying last of the mohicans was unlucky.  Then guerin suggesting the articles on alford were premature. They are always making excuses when they should just tell it as it is. Its so predictable what they will say about everything.So no need to watch that show to find out.

9 hours ago, the galah said:

Had a quick look at how they described the need you now and last of the mohicans drives.Guerin making excuses for the need you now drive,and then greg o'connor saying last of the mohicans was unlucky.  Then guerin suggesting the articles on alford were premature. They are always making excuses when they should just tell it as it is. Its so predictable what they will say about everything.So no need to watch that show to find out.

Hey Galahs, dont forget to get your $1 selections in 😄

I know what you mean.

Not sure if you saw earlier on O’Connor referred to it earlier with diplomatic way of putting it saying.

O’Connor - "He doesn’t get a run until this race is effectively over. I think in his next run if he steps there wont be any unluckiness about him”.

O’Connor - “Micheal we have had a couple of things unfold in the media over the last week, again it is a situation where no-one has been charged yet, so it is not really our position to be commenting. So I think we will just leave that until the authorities have played out and conducted their enquiry into that. But it is hardly ideal for a sport that we both love.

Guerrin - “ Greg there is a rule in the media unless anybody has been charged or unless the police or authorities come out and make statements no point carrying on about who may or may not have had horses scratched or had people turn up at their properties, because sometimes those things lead to be nothing as we have learnt from Op Inca. Sometimes people get called into police stations and it turns out there is absolutely nothing wrong. So that is why you dont jump up and down about them.

Some parts of the media, seem to see that differently, makes me wonder who they get their phone calls from. (This bolded sentence made me chuckle - like his "they, they they" the other week).

O’Connor - Yip well we will leave that there for now.

Edited by Karrots

10 hours ago, the galah said:

So no need to watch that show to find out.

Guerrin also stated that it was refreshing to have someone else win the Sapling & to be able to talk about someone other than the All Stars.

They also spoke about some drivers with exceptions to drive Auckland/Camb. 

I just fast forward thru any bits that I'm not overly interested in. 

I just watched the bits you have referred to karrots after becoming interested after reading what you posted yesterday.

Guerin saying "you can't just keep going  to the well" defence of the John Dunn drive on Need you now was pathetic. Well mr guerin,we aren't that stupid. Dunn make a poor tactical decision to go to the inside,instead of taking the obvious clear outside path on the $1.20 favorite. Even the best drivers make mistakes sometimes.Why can't Guerin just say that.

And Greg o'connor is simply too diplomatic. Last of the mohicans wasn't unlucky.R May made a deliberate calculated decision to remain 3 back the fence when it looked obvious that in all probability that decision would backfire on him . Thats not luck,thats just an example of a poor tactical decision. May would know that.  And i'm not talking through my pocket on either drive.

If they can't be up front about simple things like that,why should we think we will get much insight or unbiased opinions  out of the show.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, the galah said:

I just watched the bits you have referred to karrots after becoming interested after reading what you posted yesterday.

Guerin saying "you can't just keep going  to the well" defence of the John Dunn drive on Need you now was pathetic. Well mr guerin,we aren't that stupid. Dunn make a poor tactical decision to go to the inside,instead of taking the obvious clear outside path on the $1.20 favorite. Even the best drivers make mistakes sometimes.Why can't Guerin just say that.

And Greg o'connor is simply too diplomatic. Last of the mohicans wasn't unlucky.R May made a deliberate calculated decision to remain 3 back the fence when it looked obvious that in all probability that decision would backfire on him . Thats not luck,thats just an example of a poor tactical decision. May would know that.  And i'm not talking through my pocket on either drive.

If they can't be up front about simple things like that,why should we think we will get much insight or unbiased opinions  out of the show.

Oh I must of missed that part re Need You Now,  must of fast forwarded. I was meaning about O’connor talking about Last of Mochicans.

Guess he is on a show and not on BOAY, so can’t just say what a s..t drive or useless Sheree.

I do get what you are saying tho. I feel there is a bit of a change of tone, a bit more willingness to say more what they think. But of course not how posters on BOAY would word things.

I liked how they said the Sapling win was a week or 2 late for Sweet Lou, but Guerrin doesn’t think long term S Lou will have probs. (on that note I noticed a few of passed in’s have been now sold CHC sale, including a few Sweet Lous).

Just mentioned the driver exception thing as I noticed on another channel they are debating it. You see if one watched Boxseat, one would know the answer hehe.

No need to watch it anyway, well meaning this week ep, as you get the Karrots running commentary lol.

Goal Yes GIF by Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, the galah said:

Is there somewhere on here where you read who people have selected

Yes on the thread $1 Alex game, or under Harness Punting Selections under same title. No selections in yet as have to wait for all TAB odds out on all fields. Usually only 1/2 a dozen or so people take part, but that means more chance of winning to take crown.

Your welcome to join, its just for fun 😁

Edited by Karrots

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 5:01 PM, Karrots said:

Wonder what is happening with the colours, just as that they showed them on Boxseat & said they would be worn from Ashburton, but they are still showing AS colours this week.

Anyway guess change over mustn’t be too far away.

The new colours are up now.

Also noticed Mr Ibiza sold & stable changed. Looks like that turned out to be a good weanling sale purchase for Hollis 👍