Bit Of A Yarn

Any Ideas ???

nomates

Just watched the first at hastings and i am a loss as to what M McNab was doing on the $2.20 Fav Arlington Gold , after sitting 3 wide on the second line for a 1000mtrs he finally decided he wasn't going to get cover so moved to go to take the lead but never fully committed so the leader kicked up then the other horse on the pace went at him again , so poor bloody horse never got a break the whole race and faded .

Now this horse led the whole way at his last start so it was not like it would have taken him out off his comfort zone , so i have no idea why McNab took a 1000 mtrs to decide to do something . Punters deserve better than this , as do the connections , will he be questioned , i doubt it . 

So maybe someone can mitigate the ride for him , i would be bloody livid if i owned him . This is why punters can't bet with confidence in NZ , far too much of this piss poor riding .

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

25 minutes ago, nomates said:

Just watched the first at hastings and i am a loss as to what M McNab was doing on the $2.20 Fav Arlington Gold , after sitting 3 wide on the second line for a 1000mtrs he finally decided he wasn't going to get cover so moved to go to take the lead but never fully committed so the leader kicked up then the other horse on the pace went at him again , so poor bloody horse never got a break the whole race and faded .

Now this horse led the whole way at his last start so it was not like it would have taken him out off his comfort zone , so i have no idea why McNab took a 1000 mtrs to decide to do something . Punters deserve better than this , as do the connections , will he be questioned , i doubt it . 

So maybe someone can mitigate the ride for him , i would be bloody livid if i owned him . This is why punters can't bet with confidence in NZ , far too much of this piss poor riding .

That’s why he didn’t last in Aust...forget the personal stuff, he can’t sit in a bus.  

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

It was an absolute shocker of a ride. 

Michael seemed totally undecided and on two occasions looked left and behind, expecting the jockey underneath to ease back. Only when that didn't occur did he press on.

Tony Lee summed it up perfectly.

It was a "forget" run by the horse but an unforgiveable one by the hoop.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KickintheKods said:

Michael seemed totally undecided and on two occasions looked left and behind, expecting the jockey underneath to ease back. Only when that didn't occur did he press on.

How can you take a 1000 mtrs , 1 minute , to make a decision , unforgivable . But then when he did press on he didn't commit to that , just lazy in my opinion .

Then in the second race the winner got away with murder and not 1 of the riders worked it out , i actually backed the winner and was counting my money at the 600 . It's almost like they don't know pace and haven't done the form on the horses around them and just ride to what the tote says .

Guest CrossCodes

Have a look at Wiremu Pinn’s ride on Virtuoso’s Lad in the third race, appeared unwilling to hook across heels for a run, then just sat up and didn’t ride his horse out to the line costing it third, surely he will be charged for not riding his horse out as it was plain as day. 

Had to go back and have a look , but to be honest i don't think there was much he could do , both horses in front never moved and the horse on his outside held it's place and he never got room to do anything , he can't just barge out so just looked desperately unlucky for mine . 

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Precisely why 95% of my betting goes on Australian racing.

I understand what you mean.  I watched the head on shot of a recent meeting at Riccarton in a large field.

All I could see was unbalanced windmills and horses running like drunken sailors.  The senior jockeys (about 3) stuck out like the proverbial balls.

• Like 2

On 5/03/2021 at 5:31 AM, Freda said:

And sometimes they don't look too flash either..no wonder Lisa Allpress usually cleans up when she comes down.     Have to say though, even if he is having a bad day, CWJ never flounders around on his horse.

Hard to look good on slow ones