Bit Of A Yarn

Congrats Melody Belle in the Bonecrusher Stakes 2021 - 14 Group Ones!

Chief Stipe

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Excellent win by Melody Belle.  Any knockers this week?

Queen of the turf !! What a beauty she is.

The 'Empire Rose' G1 Win (pictured) was a ripper at Flemington a while back too. An honour to win that race named after another great 'kiwi' mare. Now the 'Belle' bound to get a race named in her honour too.

2019 G1 - EMPIRE ROSE STAKES - MELODY BELLE (NZ) - YouTube

• Chief Stipe changed the title to Congrats Melody Belle in the Bonecrusher Stakes 2021 - 14 Group Ones!
Guest CrossCodes

Excellent win by Melody Belle.  Any knockers this week?

Why are you joining in the Te Akau kissing ass club? It was bad enough on the other site but now you have a brown Ellis tongue as well. Seems every time they have a win the ass kissers come out 

1 minute ago, CrossCodes said:

Why are you joining in the Te Akau kissing ass club? It was bad enough on the other site but now you have a brown Ellis tongue as well. Seems every time they have a win the ass kissers come out 

FFS she has just won her 14th Group One.  I didn't even mention the stable or trainer.  BTW top effort by Jamie Richards.  Especially considering after her previous start the knockers were out in full force.

Sadly I doubt NZ will ever see another NZ trained horse win 14 Group races mostly in NZ if for the very reason the ones we have will struggle to keep Grp 1 status.

15 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Sadly I doubt NZ will ever see another NZ trained horse win 14 Group races mostly in NZ if for the very reason the ones we have will struggle to keep Grp 1 status.

The most truthful thing to say cs, in the last couple of seasons there have been very few actual group 1 class races run here, the higher powers will soon step in and spread them to races that attract the superior horses. Saudi Arabia are looking for group 1 status with an extremely high class meeting, always room for more in Australia and Europe where the black type is harder to gain and worthy of to much black type here now and to easy to gain which surely must effect the breeding side of it all.

On 13/03/2021 at 6:28 PM, CrossCodes said:

You have to laugh at the owner of the "other site" The congratulations should have been for Pomare/Ocean Billy. When Probabeel won the Epsom I posted that Margaret Bull won the Epsom and Turnbull on the same day. This was seen as some sort of attack on Te Akau and I have been on restricted posting ever since.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Centaur said:

The congratulations should have been for Pomare/Ocean Billy.

Fair enough.  However shouldn't they BOTH be congratulated?  Melody Belle winning 14 Group One's.  Ocean Billy winning the Group One Auckland Cup.

However if you diminish the achievement of one then you must equally diminish the achievement of the other if you apply the same criteria.

Fair enough.  However shouldn't they BOTH be congratulated?  Melody Belle winning 14 Group One's.  Ocean Billy winning the Group One Auckland Cup.

However if you diminish the achievement of one then you must equally diminish the achievement of the other if you apply the same criteria.

What is amazing is that the trainers achievements for winning big races in this country are lauded by everyone yet , yet the horse(s) winning G1s in NZ(and I don't disagree with that perspective) are questionable by many, very odd perspective imho. 

12 minutes ago, Huey said:

What is amazing is that the trainers achievements for winning big races in this country are lauded by everyone yet , yet the horse(s) winning G1s in NZ(and I don't disagree with that perspective) are questionable by many, very odd perspective imho. 

Well what do you expect?  Are the Trainers and Owners responsible for maintaining the quality of NZ Racing?  Isn't that the role of the Administrators (NZTR) and the revenue arm (TAB NZ)?

On 13/03/2021 at 6:34 PM, Chief Stipe said:

FFS she has just won her 14th Group One.  I didn't even mention the stable or trainer.  BTW top effort by Jamie Richards.  Especially considering after her previous start the knockers were out in full force.

Poor Jammie nearly started balling his red eyes out when asked by Rodley...

"Boo hooooo...boooooo ho..those mean peeps in the media were dissing her to the end Aidey.....what's a poor boy to do but cry?"

Rodders asked again..."but who Jammie...who were those mean peeps sending mean tweets were they?"

"boooo whoooo...whooo boooo...it was...those mean az social media twits Rodders"

Actually yea na...just a few who thought she may be over the top for this prep...

Horse stakeholders become sooo defensive ffs

Let it go Jammie

• Like 1