Bit Of A Yarn

Countdown til the Jewels begins

Karrots

Thought Id start a positive thread with something to look forward to.

Saw Cambridge as usual are doing a fab job with marketing. Very #ontoit

They had a bunch of people out in weekend, at a golf tourney handing out ice-cream to promote the Jewels.

The packages they have look fab and are on sale now & also they have an area TBA for that Group Boys Get Paid think it is.

How exciting it is for owners & trainers, if they are aiming for the Jewels to get stake money to earn a spot.

Will need to up-date the 2y-o Jewels for fun page too closer to time.

This thread can be to post on the Jewels and Jewels news moving forward. Great to see its on after being canceled last year.

6 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

hopefully the alternative BGP also gets an area and the same treatment on the day

Not sure what you mean there Ranga. But was thinking gosh, its a good way for a small club to make some dough, getting to host it, checking out the packages/ticket prices. General admin is $25, was wondering if they plan to have those outdoor heaters around the place for those. Pretty chilly in winter. Thats the only downfall. 

16 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

I will be in the brodster gets paid tent if it gets up and running

Oh I see ok Brodie Gets Paid BGP. But poor Brodie often getting picked on 😔

Anyway below is current qualifying Top 12 on stakes looking at age group comparisons, obviously this will change.

Pacers

2y-o fillies $3,875

2y-o boys $2,862

3y-o fillies $17,537

3y-o boys $35,805

4y-o fillies $20,625

4y-o boys $31,837

Trotters

2y-o $400

3y-o $11,439

4y-o $18,425

22 hours ago, Karrots said:

General admin is $25, was wondering if they plan to have those outdoor heaters around the place for those. Pretty chilly in winter. 

Correction, $20 GA, just read a nice article on HRNZ about Jewels & how lots of support & ticket sales. Great idea re GA $20 deal if pre-purchased says get a free $5 bet + a drink #smart 👍

On 30/03/2021 at 7:46 PM, Karrots said:

Dave Branch CEO of Camb racing has been nom-ed for TOP leader award for the region. As I have said before the man is #ontoit

Have got my Jewels tickets have you got yours ? 😁

Just can not wait until we have Jewels day, mile racing at Cambridge!

Seriously needs to be changed to 2200m would be so much better!

Forget about miles, boring and unfair and Jewels day is over rated and a huge cost to the industry.

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

Just can not wait until we have Jewels day, mile racing at Cambridge!

Seriously needs to be changed to 2200m would be so much better!

Forget about miles, boring and unfair and Jewels day is over rated and a huge cost to the industry.

Who made it a mile? 

Yes well it is on Brods - well pending staying Covid free, so rather than being negative about it because it is on, I'm choosing to be positive and excited to look forward to it. Just hope they have heaters sorted out for anyone that purchases general admission tickets. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

Just can not wait until we have Jewels day, mile racing at Cambridge

Neither can I . will be great and some fast miles all going well (with weather)

Just had a quick check of the last 5 years of Harness jewels results. So with 9 Jewels per year . is total 45 races.

The ALLStars stable won 25 of them !   How Amazing is that.?? 

with about 20 different horses too (including a few trotters). (and Without a Self Assured, Amazing Dream or Spankem in sight on winners list either). brilliance on display. quite astonishing that level of success really.

Feature race Days are truly the pinnacle of success. Enjoy some NEW winners this year too! with Allstars out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So have an idea, so we have a prize to play for.

If anyone that wants to donate max amount is $10. Keep it low to keep it fun.

If Chief could come up with a way we can donate anonymously, eg bank account or paypal, some apps too now accept money or however.

Only takes 5 of us and that is $50. eg myself, Gamms, Chief plus 2 more.

Then could be winner takes all & we play for $50. Its more luck as most of the Jewels comp will be luck of the draw. With some bonus points up for grabs and also will have the odd guess game, eg how many winners will Cullens A-Team have.

If we get more than $50, then could look at 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize. But its more about playing for a prize to encourage more participation.

Gamms on the day you or Chief will have to be score tellers, as Ill be on-course.

Thoughts? If no response will just play for no prize, simple. 

Just do this as a once off on a special occasion & add to the excitement build-up

Chief could say 2 weeks prior announce the donations & posters that did.

PS so far, rules will be pre-bonus points + your score with your 2y-o (if you are on more than 1 the higher score counts) will be given points 12 win thru to 1 for a last,

Will be also given 2 horses in 2 other races, same as above 12 for win, 1 for last. Its based on draws, eg you draw a horse in Race 1, number 6 pre-draw & that is your horse. 

And will have a couple of guessing games eg how many winners will Cullens team get. All correct answers will get 1 point.

Person with most points at end of day wins.

Edited by Karrots

47 minutes ago, Karrots said:

If Chief could come up with a way we can donate anonymously, eg bank account or paypal, some apps too now accept money or however.

I can create a special club subscription on BOAY that will have two options to pay - Stripe (like Paypal but cheaper) and direct bank account.  It will also generate an invoice and receipt as proof which adds legitimacy and an audit trail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I can create a special club subscription on BOAY that will have two options to pay - Stripe (like Paypal but cheaper) and direct bank account.  It will also generate an invoice and receipt as proof which adds legitimacy and an audit trail.

Great fantastic, checked out this stripe thing, yeah its like Paypal, guess people could just make up name eg Kim Karrots or Karoline Karrots & then just need email.

My preference would be a bank account number & I will go tomorrow & make the $10 deposit. Is this possible?

I could put in name that I have seen you sign off as on here or put BOAY & Ill write from Kate Karrots or something just make up a first name). If you don’t want to post account public, then people can PM - in subject, put gift/donation account info pls) that way Chief you just need to copy paste back the info privately.

If we do not get the $50 minimum target, then just take the $10 as a gift.

I get regular entertainment from this site & also information I would not of known. The bank would give me a receipt.

Thinking we could have a drivers comp, so again 1 point for picking the winner of drivers challenge.

& also could throw in the $1 comp again too could offer up 3 points for this & 2 for a 2nd & 1 point for 3rd.

3 hours ago, Karrots said:

Great fantastic, checked out this stripe thing, yeah its like Paypal, guess people could just make up name eg Kim Karrots or Karoline Karrots & then just need email.

My preference would be a bank account number & I will go tomorrow & make the $10 deposit. Is this possible?

https://bitofayarn.com/subscriptions/5/

• Champ Post 1

27 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Great! That was very easy! Just made payment $10. It is discrete. Just put in name as Karrots & made up an address lol. It says order is processing, so hope it works. Says an email will go to this email address for confirmation. Again the email is just made up specially for this site Karrots. Please let me know Chief if any probs with my order. 

FYI Y'll I did not have to put in my name when filling in credit card details. 

Hope others can get onboard and make the donation too! 😁

Will try to make as fair as poss with draws eg will try to give everyone 1 good draw & 1 bad draw, & will keep updating the 2 y-os too, so everyone will have a horse for the final! 

2 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Great! That was very easy! Just made payment $10. It is discrete. Just put in name as Karrots & made up an address lol. It says order is processing, so hope it works. Says an email will go to this email address for confirmation. Again the email is just made up specially for this site Karrots. Please let me know Chief if any probs with my order. 

All processed Karrots.  However I'm not sure why you are so concerned about your privacy but I guess living in Beverley Hills there are a lot of Paparazzi around.  I maintain a very strong privacy policy here at BOAY.

I'll be in.....not that I understand the rules you have set!  Can you PM me those so I can add to the subscription details?

We could set up a harness punters club and help Brodie get around his restrictions!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

All processed Karrots.  However I'm not sure why you are so concerned about your privacy but I guess living in Beverley Hills there are a lot of Paparazzi around.  I maintain a very strong privacy policy here at BOAY.

I'll be in.....not that I understand the rules you have set!  Can you PM me those so I can add to the subscription details?

We could set up a harness punters club and help Brodie get around his restrictions!

Sweet have just been making things up as I go, no set rules as yet. But yes now for prize money, will have to cement in rules. Its actually quite a job trying to include as many posters as poss. To add to list is also Rusty, Greyhound, Honest John & Couch someone, Harrison. Please sing out if I have missed you & you are more of a reader oppose a poster, all to be included. 

Oh yeah lol hehe, well it just automatically popped up as country USA so I put California 90210, if anyone wants to use Santa Monica, post code for that is 90405 in California also. 

Come on folks make a $10 donation, for the big day. We have $20 so far donated by me & Chief. 

Haha yeah, perhaps start with this and see how we get on first.

On a side note, pix have started to appear on the weanling sales site.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I'm a bit confused about the donation bit.....  Donation to who?  I thought there might be a bit of skill involved and a chance to take the TAB on!

Donation to put towards the prize. We need $50 minimum to have a winners prize of $50, so far we are at $20. Winner takes all at this stage.

Nah to keep it fun, and so everyone is included, and less of a guessing game, more of a draw random kind of thing.

Also needed to be added is Badger & Bill $. Have Forbs down as Have a Go.

Heres the comp,

* Every poster on here that I am aware of gets a 2y-o as per the 2 y-o thread in top 12, points will be 12 win 11 2nd 10 3rd etc down to 12th 1 point.

* Every poster on here will get 2 horses in 2 different races on day, due to numbers some horses may have 2 posters on them. Again 12 points for a win 11 points for 2nd etc.

Then pre-Jewels bonus points - guessing games to come once a week, 1st poster to get answer the question will win 1 point. If no-one answers the question then the poster who asked the question gets the point. Gamms is already on 2 points & Taupiri is on 1 point & Big Bang is also on point. Next bonus question to come next week. (A rule of a max of 2 pre-Jewels bonus points allowed per poster).

Also we will have 3 selections games too.

1. How many winners will Cullens runners get on day?  1 point to everyone for the correct answer

2. Who will win the drivers challenge on day?  1 point to everyone with the correct answer

3. $1 comp - you have $1, whoever has the highest live winning amount is the winner, will get 3 points, 2nd place 2 & 3rd place 1 point

Overall Jewels winner to take the $50 will be the poster with the MOST POINTS collected together ALL tallied up.

If the winning prize is not claimed then it goes to the next highest points scorer & so on.

If your horse is scratched then you get a standard 6 points.

So we need 3 more posters to donate/contribute $10 each. If we do not get this then you can keep my donation as a gift for hosting this site.

Edited by Karrots

31 minutes ago, Karrots said:

* Every poster on here that I am aware of gets a 2y-o as per the 2 y-o thread in top 12, points will be 12 win 11 2nd 10 3rd etc down to 12th 1 point.

* Every poster on here will get 2 horses in 2 different races on day, due to numbers some horses may have 2 posters on them. Again 12 points for a win 11 points for 2nd etc.

PS sorry to clarify, so every poster will have 3 horses for the BIG day. a 2y-o & 2 others. These 2 others will be drawn this weekend randomly by me (& as stated previous will keep it as fair as poss by trying to give everyone 1 good draw & 1 bad draw 1-12). So we won't know who we are actually all on until the actual draw. Keeps it fair. Many on here read the comps, but are too shy or not interested in participating. They all have automatic entry in this hehe. 

Edited by Karrots

Looking at latest updates & see Stylish M is saying TN (not in training) & has been exported back to NZ. Remember recently reading Longview Lady as being a mum hence her status has changed also to TN, think read Becs said Brods knew something about Stylish M, but not sure if that was just joking banter of not ...

Any ideas - maybe a mum too?

On 17/04/2021 at 8:25 PM, Karrots said:

Looking at latest updates & see Stylish M is saying TN (not in training) & has been exported back to NZ. Remember recently reading Longview Lady as being a mum hence her status has changed also to TN, think read Becs said Brods knew something about Stylish M, but not sure if that was just joking banter of not ...

Any ideas - maybe a mum too?

old rangatira thinks the brodster owns stylish m but he is telling lies again 

• Haha 2

On 4/19/2021 at 10:27 PM, Gospel of Judas said:

Just put my $10 in. Lets see how we go!

OMG Gospel, you are a star. Yippee. Thank you 😄 Yay hope there are others too.

See on HRNZ they are giving us the people a chance to put in feedback on communication and marketing. I hope they get a mix of ideas and positive feedback, not just negativity. 

Great they are showing initiative, see don't ask don't get 😄

• Like 1