Bit Of A Yarn

This could just as easily been Riccarton yesteday - Masterton RC @ Tauherenikau ABANDONED after fall in first race.

Chief Stipe

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Well their own fault , been putting little bits of irrigation on all week , not enough to allow moisture to soak thru . If these smaller clubs want to race produce the tracks or your gone .

Rough call NM ,plenty of the larger clubs have had some embarrassing track situations of their own (some on numerous occasions), the neglect of small clubs by the likes of NZTR is a major reason for the prolonged decline of the industry imo. Not that TA is a club that has been neglected though.

1 minute ago, Huey said:

Rough call NM ,plenty of the larger clubs have had some embarrassing track situations of their own (some on numerous occasions), the neglect of small clubs by the likes of NZTR is a major reason for the prolonged decline of the industry imo. Not that TA is a club that has been neglected though.

I'm not letting the big clubs off , but i have said in the past let the smaller clubs race , but they mustf ulfill certain KPI's and if they can't then they don't race . This is a major failure , don't know who's at fault , but they are one of the small clubs to run a G1 , get it right . As soon as i seen the little dribbles of water they were putting on with some rain forecast i could see a problem .

The big clubs should be held to the same measure and because they have more resources shouldn't f#@k it up , although they do .

My point is , and i have been consistent because i believe smaller clubs have their place , but they have to meet standards or they don't get race meetings , certainly not G1 days .

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nomates said:

I'm not letting the big clubs off , but i have said in the past let the smaller clubs race , but they mustf ulfill certain KPI's and if they can't then they don't race . This is a major failure , don't know who's at fault , but they are one of the small clubs to run a G1 , get it right . As soon as i seen the little dribbles of water they were putting on with some rain forecast i could see a problem .

The big clubs should be held to the same measure and because they have more resources shouldn't f#@k it up , although they do .

My point is , and i have been consistent because i believe smaller clubs have their place , but they have to meet standards or they don't get race meetings , certainly not G1 days .

Standards should apply across the industry,unfortunately some are held to account when others arent.

• Like 1

This has been an issue at Te Aroha  since day dot,  the sharp turn is too close to the finish line and horses still at a full gallop put rider and horse at risk everytime when the track has any moisture.

Wanganui is also a disaster waiting to happen in similar conditions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Huey said:

Someone tell me why anyone would race at Wanganui in the winter ?

I was wondering when you would turn up , was hoping you would be on earlier so you could help me with the form .

Have to say tho , first meeting there with a wet track , only a S9 to , and they were heading out wide from first flat race , doesn't bode well for the rest of the winter .

And on top of that , how long till someone gets put over the outside rail with all the jockeying for the wide strip .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shad said:

Fields were good, only down side for me was missing out on gobuyit,waiting for the late change on divs but the delay caught me out,a four win horse wet tracker and good rider on, 51s fixed.

Yes fields were good, but looked like half the field in most races never had a hope unless the horse got to the outside fence.