Bit Of A Yarn

Michelle

I see bookies have this horse paying $4.80 on the final field win market for race 4 tonight.

My question is,does anyone out there know why anyone in their right mind would back this horse? And why would the bookies have it so short? It actually started favorite 2 starts ago,despite never looking like running in the first 3 for ages.   It rates with one over dover as one of the most consistent breakers to have raced for how knows long. I know its won 5 races,and did win 26 starts ago before it started its streak of breaking and hanging every time,but surely the tab should have it at $30 to encourage some support so they can at least say they made money on the race. 

40 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Too be fair the whole field is shit. Wouldn't back any of them.

No field is shit from a betting perspective.

The field in question may lack recent form,but its just a matter of comparing the recent form of each contender. Exactly what we do when assessing races like the jewels,only difference is there is often a greater difference in recent form in the fields like the one we are talking about at addington,which logically makes the addington field more attractive from a betting perspective.

Maybe michelle will prove me wrong and run somewhere,but the point is why shouldn't the tab price it at more realistic odds.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, the galah said:

No field is shit from a betting perspective.

The field in question may lack recent form,but its just a matter of comparing the recent form of each contender. Exactly what we do when assessing races like the jewels,only difference is there is often a greater difference in recent form in the fields like the one we are talking about at addington,which logically makes the addington field more attractive from a betting perspective.

Maybe michelle will prove me wrong and run somewhere,but the point is why shouldn't the tab price it at more realistic odds.

Thanks for starting a thread not about the jewels. There are some good odds on offer, much more fun than sitting there picking hot favourites backed by team driving.

• Like 2
  • Bad Post 1

8 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Thanks for starting a thread not about the jewels. There are some good odds on offer, much more fun than sitting there picking hot favourites backed by team driving.

Get ya money out Luddy , there's some good ones today     YURI  4-1 fav   1 win from 18 starts ? pass

Sense of Occasion 2-1 fav 1 win from 27 starts?    pass ,

Moment Of Kaos 2-1 fav 0 wins from 12 starts?   pass

With Ice 2-1 fav , 1 win in past 17 starts ?  pass

Puntaway 2-1 fav 1 win in 7 starts ? pass       

geez it'll be fun losing on them . don't think so !!!good odds on offer ? Where??

If these are the favourites , then the rest of their field's must be well worth investing on , or not.

Hope you got on DreamInsOver in the first race? win number 4 from 130 race starts . Perseverance like Ludwig pays off.? an incredible 5-1 odds!! lol...............  how did we miss out on that one. 

I think some of these today need a bit of TEAM DRIVING to help them out a bit. 

Telfer's three runners can try all the 'team driving' they like in the first Jewel on Sunday , but they won't stop Amazing Dream. It's a SIGHT to BEHOLD seeing the BEST horses race ? lol....  It's good fun and top shelf? 

or tune in for MICHELLE v YURI then today 6.15pm . could be a classic ? Galah on the money this thread lol.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bad Post 1

3 hours ago, the galah said:

I see bookies have this horse paying $4.80 on the final field win market for race 4 tonight.

My question is,does anyone out there know why anyone in their right mind would back this horse? And why would the bookies have it so short? It actually started favorite 2 starts ago,despite never looking like running in the first 3 for ages.   It rates with one over dover as one of the most consistent breakers to have raced for how knows long. I know its won 5 races,and did win 26 starts ago before it started its streak of breaking and hanging every time,but surely the tab should have it at $30 to encourage some support so they can at least say they made money on the race. 

it is short in the odds for it maybe the wayne Higgs factor?

16 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Get ya money out Luddy , there's some good ones today     YURI  4-1 fav   1 win from 18 starts ? pass

Sense of Occasion 2-1 fav 1 win from 27 starts?    pass ,

Moment Of Kaos 2-1 fav 0 wins from 12 starts?   pass

With Ice 2-1 fav , 1 win in past 17 starts ?  pass

Puntaway 2-1 fav 1 win in 7 starts ? pass       

geez it'll be fun losing on them . don't think so !!!good odds on offer ? Where??

If these are the favourites , then the rest of their field's must be well worth investing on , or not.

Hope you got on DreamInsOver in the first race? win number 4 from 130 race starts . Perseverance like Ludwig pays off.? an incredible 5-1 odds!! lol...............  how did we miss out on that one. 

I think some of these today need a bit of TEAM DRIVING to help them out a bit. 

Telfer's three runners can try all the 'team driving' they like in the first Jewel on Sunday , but they won't stop Amazing Dream. It's a SIGHT to BEHOLD seeing the BEST horses race ? lol....  It's good fun and top shelf? 

or tune in for MICHELLE v YURI then today 6.15pm . could be a classic ? Galah on the money this thread lol.....

Great to see Luddy taking note of what he was told by Chief (not) - mute those that you do not want to hear from. Obviously didn't stand in front of mirror and say it out loud to himself, with yet another negative type vote on your post Gamms sigh but typical.  

Edited by Jones

2 hours ago, Jones said:

r negative type vote on your post Gamms sigh but typical.  

Think my post was not very supportive of the industry and the nights racing at Addington, and being sarcastic is a pretty backwards step, and rightly so, not tolerated well. 

Full Kudos to the Brodie, the Galah and others for tipping a winner on the threads at good odds last night!!!, (Bourbon On The Rocks) proving they have an eye for a winner. 

Disappointing again, were YURI and MICHELLE, doing their 'can can' out the back of the field as usual, something the Galah and myself,  was thinking that might happen with-in this thread.

I was almost 'annoyed' for some reason, these well supported runners are just adding to the misery of Harness racing attracting Punters. (probably because I can't pick em' lol) 

You'd have to be a very Patient, Hopeful, and (possibly wealthy) person to support these type of horses As a Punter. I can't do it. but Brodie Ludwig and others are very good selectors and doing well supporting these meetings . Very well done to them and hope their success continues onward through the year.

Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ran a nice 3rd today. Strange thing was 3 starts ago they put the half hopples on,which it hadn't had on in recent starts, and that seemed to work and it ran 4th. But for its next start(last week)they took the half hopples off again and it went back to its poor manners and broke.  Then they put them on again today and it runs 3rd.