Bit Of A Yarn

Auckland Super Club

Huey

As I said in another thread:

Plus the "new" standardised fare has a higher operational cost model.  It's lunacy.

The news from Auckland isn't all roses either.  It is only another black hole that will suck the life out of the provinces.  Again Ellerslie is a dead end higher cost model proposition.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

As I said in another thread:

Plus the "new" standardised fare has a higher operational cost model.  It's lunacy.

The news from Auckland isn't all roses either.  It is only another black hole that will suck the life out of the provinces.  Again Ellerslie is a dead end higher cost model proposition.

Just the negative comments i would expect from you. Ill give you one thing Chief….you certainly are consistent.

Edited by Tesio

4 minutes ago, Tesio said:

Just the negative comments i would expect from you. Ill give you one thing Chief….you certainly are consistent.

Tell me how this helps Racing across the country?  Will this new conglomerate sponsor races in the provinces?

Good luck to them and it will be good for those in the Waikato and South Auckland but will it help racing anywhere else?

Tesio tell us how it will?  I'd really like to know.

1 hour ago, Freda said:

It has to be a positive for the area, though, surely?  Apart from the loss of the iconic  'hill ' , the greater Auckland region should be well served by the developments.

Does the "greater" Auckland region extend to the Waikato?

Will it assist NZ racing as a whole?  With a new Strathayr track at Ellerslie how long do you think the Guineas will last at Riccarton?

Just now, JJ Flash said:

Correct Tesio. Im sure you'll get  a spray though for your comment

OK @JJ Flash I'll ask you the same question how will the new Auckland conglomerate help provincial racing?  You know that part of New Zealand's racing infrastructure that has been its bread and butter and the arguably the reason for its success.

Or are you happy for NZ racing to be centred entirely on Auckland and the Waikato?

I'd love to see how this development will help racing overall.  Will Auckland distribute some of the assets that they have gained on the back of the rest of the country?  That would only be fair would it not?

Hey JJ , maybe you can answer a question for once instead of just coming on to bag people , i asked you this other day , still waiting for an answer .

Perhaps you can tell me with all your positivity how the 2k increase to the majority of races in NZ is going to ease the angst of the majority of racing participants , this is a serious question .

•  
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Tell me how this helps Racing across the country?  Will this new conglomerate sponsor races in the provinces?

Good luck to them and it will be good for those in the Waikato and South Auckland but will it help racing anywhere else?

Tesio tell us how it will?  I'd really like to know.

Well i for one will be keeping my horses in NZ instead of moving them to Aus.

Its not Aucklands responsibility to look after racing in NZ.

Maybe you could have done the same on the West Coast (smaller scale)  instead of what your club did.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I'd love to see how this development will help racing overall.  Will Auckland distribute some of the assets that they have gained on the back of the rest of the country?  That would only be fair would it not?

Did your club distribute some of their assets back to the racing community? 

Edited by Tesio
  • Like 1

I can't help but see how a Strathyr is anything but good for racing in NZ , I certainly hope they get that far. 

But I struggle to see how its good for the rest of the country, having said that I think most of damage it may have caused is in motion as we speak at any rate.

Also struggle to understand the point of the AWT if this Strathyr gets going.

As for people calling it a merger well thats just a joke!

5 minutes ago, Tesio said:

Well i for one will be keeping my horses in NZ instead of moving them to Aus.

Its not Aucklands responsibility to look after racing in NZ.

Maybe you could have done the same on the West Coast (smaller scale)  instead of what your club did.

Do you honestly believe any other clubs barring about 5 or 6 in NZ joining together (in particular provincial clubs) would get given race dates or industry support  for doing so? 

Absolutely no chance of that!

Edited by Huey

This amalgamation is exactly where NZ racing has to head , but it needs to be done in conjunction with the rest of NZ racing . Being done in isolation isn't going to fix anything , it just shows how fractured NZ racing is . 

Is it being done in conjunction with NZTR as part of a larger plan , if it is i have yet to see or hear of it .

This amalgamation whilst being great for northern racing will be the death knell for CD racing which is already in fast decline . All the big stables are gone from the Horowhenua , only J Benner has a large competitive racing stable and how much longer he stays is in question . The Latta stable which was always large is much reduced as well . Unless there is a plan to create something similar in the CD which brings stakes up as massively as is happening up north then the CD will become another place to send the 2nd rate northern horses that can't compete there .

Why as an owner would you have a horse in the CD racing for so much less when your horse can be competing for 100k , it's a no brainer .

I hope that CD clubs are watching and taking notes because this is how NZ racing is future proofed , i'm hoping that the management at NZTR are doing the same , because they are being left behind by this if they are not part of this process , and if not have a plan to keep the rest of the country strong enough to compete with what is happening in the northern region so as to keep owners racing in those regions .

18 minutes ago, Huey said:

I can't help but see how a Strathyr is anything but good for racing in NZ , I certainly hope they get that far. 

Exactly , here's my issue , you've got ARC looking at putting in a Strathyr , you've got NZTR putting in 3 A/W's , are these guys living in different countries , where was the consultation/plan , why not have a plan to have 4 Strathyr's around the country , NZ racing administration is a shambles , how can you have confidence .

It looks to me like the ARC can see how far off the pace NZTR are and have decided to position themselves for the future as the Hong Kong of NZ . I can see this in the next 30 years , where the only serious racing is north of the Waikato and the rest basically running picnics purely for the diehards . 

FFS NZTR get a cohesive plan to future proof NZ racing , in consultation with the wider racing community , so that the whole country can have financially solid racing with strong participation .

3 minutes ago, nomates said:

It looks to me like the ARC can see how far off the pace NZTR are and have decided to position themselves for the future as the Hong Kong of NZ . I can see this in the next 30 years , where the only serious racing is north of the Waikato and the rest basically running picnics purely for the diehards . 

I think you've hit the nail on the head there and I can't say I blame them. Only Fairy Flash would have confidence in NZTR at this point.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nomates said:

This amalgamation is exactly where NZ racing has to head , but it needs to be done in conjunction with the rest of NZ racing . Being done in isolation isn't going to fix anything , it just shows how fractured NZ racing is . 

Is it being done in conjunction with NZTR as part of a larger plan , if it is i have yet to see or hear of it .

This amalgamation whilst being great for northern racing will be the death knell for CD racing which is already in fast decline . All the big stables are gone from the Horowhenua , only J Benner has a large competitive racing stable and how much longer he stays is in question . The Latta stable which was always large is much reduced as well . Unless there is a plan to create something similar in the CD which brings stakes up as massively as is happening up north then the CD will become another place to send the 2nd rate northern horses that can't compete there .

Why as an owner would you have a horse in the CD racing for so much less when your horse can be competing for 100k , it's a no brainer .

I hope that CD clubs are watching and taking notes because this is how NZ racing is future proofed , i'm hoping that the management at NZTR are doing the same , because they are being left behind by this if they are not part of this process , and if not have a plan to keep the rest of the country strong enough to compete with what is happening in the northern region so as to keep owners racing in those regions .

Agree with some of your points here, but i also feel NZ racing is and never will be big enough or strong enough to have multiple super clubs across the country. Having the same in CD & Sth Island (regular 100k races) is impossible. Choices for trainers and owners will be on the table……..but its better to have choices than none at all. At least this will make many of the other clubs around the country get off their arse and fight for their club future, they will have no choice but too improve on what’s being delivered to date.

7 minutes ago, nomates said:

It looks to me like the ARC can see how far off the pace NZTR are and have decided to position themselves for the future as the Hong Kong of NZ

Agree and cant blame them…..if they sat back and waited on NZTR…….well you know where that would have ended.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tesio said:

Agree with some of your points here, but i also feel NZ racing is and never will be big enough or strong enough to have multiple super clubs across the country. Having the same in CD & Sth Island (regular 100k races) is impossible. Choices for trainers and owners will be on the table……..but its better to have choices than none at all. At least this will make many of the other clubs around the country get off their arse and fight for their club future, they will have no choice but too improve on what’s being delivered to date.

But it works in Aus. and where just copy everything they do over there, so can't understand why it won't work here.

There are horses for Ellerslie , just as there are horses for Reefton or Waverley they all find their mark.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tesio said:

I,m not suggesting there would be super clubs everywhere , but yes they have to strengthen their positions , either in conjunction with NZTR or on their own . But i can tell you this , there will be no choices if the ARC are offering 100k and the rest of the country keeps languishing around where we are at present . No owner of sound mind pours their money anywhere but in the north if the leadership can't get the rest of NZ racing on a stronger footing financially . Whilst i'm sure there will be people who will continue to race in the CD and the SI it wont be with deep pockets and i believe the racing will be but a shadow of what we even have now .

As for the other clubs getting off their arses and fight for their clubs , well many are as they are in the position of having to fight to retain their assets which are trying to be stripped from them , and many of these clubs don't have to improve , they are already where they need to be and accept what their position in NZ racing is and are fulfilling their brief , but those in power don't see them as a racing asset to NZ racing just an asset to be sold . 

I'm not against the closure of tracks as such , but i have seen no structure or cohesive plan as who gets the chop and those that don't , or a believable reason for such closures . 

I would also add that if anybody has to get off their arses and start fighting for their future then i would suggests it starts at the top of the tree in NZTR , because if any part of the NZ racing structure is failing the rest it is the head body , they are the biggest under achievers of NZ racing , hence the situation we find ourselves in .

• Champ Post 1

37 minutes ago, Huey said:

Only Fairy Flash would have confidence in NZTR at this point.

Oh dear , your stupidity has no boundaries, do you get satisfaction making things up sad sack? Show us all or make it up as to where i have posted about me having this confidence in NZTR

Edited by JJ Flash

32 minutes ago, Tesio said:

Agree and cant blame them…..if they sat back and waited on NZTR…….well you know where that would have ended.

“Thank you to the members of both Auckland Racing Club and Counties Racing Club for supporting a vibrant, sustainable future for thoroughbred racing across the entire Auckland region.

“Crucially, the amalgamation will allow the new club to realise significant combined assets to be reinvested into the industry, and increase stakes.

“The status quo simply was not sustainable, and change was required. ARC and CRC undertook a comprehensive review, consultation process, and independent analysis – all of which made clear that the amalgamation is the best option for both clubs to not only survive but thrive.”

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Hey JJ , maybe you can answer a question for once instead of just coming on to bag people , i asked you this other day , still waiting for an answer .

Perhaps you can tell me with all your positivity how the 2k increase to the majority of races in NZ is going to ease the angst of the majority of racing participants , this is a serious question .

•  

I know this will never be enough for you and yr 2 followers on here but my take is the $2 k you refer to is only for certain lower class races, others are to be increased by much more .

Have a look on TR site for exact increases. If you or others dont want to race at that end of the market then you have options , get out or go to Oz or SGP.