Bit Of A Yarn

American Dealer- Spirit of St Louis - Alta Orlando

45 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Doesnt make sense,

Brodster you are on a hammering today lol... , Spatchcock been dishing it up to ya, and now Kimberley with some evidence above, of Anthony Butt being the greatest Champion driver currently. from not being in your top 6.

I also see that Anthony Butt WON the NZ Junior drivers title Twice back in his day?. Posted the results on the 'CONGRATULATIONS SARAH O'REILLY' thread. So Ant's has always been a Champion it seems..........???

I'm a bit biased as first time I ever saw him as a junior at Auckland , he jumped on a horse i was helping with named 'Metal Mickey' and he WON by half the length of the straight at Alexandra Park.

I near fell down in Shock.! Who was that bloke A Butt?    Maurice McKendry was Mickey's regular driver, but had his own horse in Most Happy Milly (who ran 2nd that night actually). The following week that great junior driver led up the GN Derby !, chock full of wonderful 3 year olds , Mickey got run down late for 2nd, but wow! !!!what a great first time impression he made on me (and many other junior drivers too) and Ant's still winning the big ones now near 4 decades later. exceptional talent.

• Like 5
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, KimButt said:

ANTS for outstanding horseman magic hands world class reinsman. one 70 group1 wins for brother . brodster world class grandstand driver lol

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, KimButt said:

Fair enough Kim, respect your opinion of your Dad!

Tell you what, I will eat humble pie and put him in the 6!

Not saying I am wrong,  but maybe you are right?

Dont watch a lot of the Ozzie stuff nowadays, just pleased that Anthony is back in the bigtime again, and flying the flag!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, paleface adios said:

ANTS for outstanding horseman magic hands world class reinsman. one 70 group1 wins for brother . brodster world class grandstand driver lol

Love the grandstand, much safer and warmer!

Respect most of the drivers that go out onto the track each week!

Appreciate it is very easy from the stand, but more money to be made from there!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Brodster you are on a hammering today lol... , Spatchcock been dishing it up to ya, and now Kimberley with some evidence above, of Anthony Butt being the greatest Champion driver currently. from not being in your top 6.

I also see that Anthony Butt WON the NZ Junior drivers title Twice back in his day?. Posted the results on the 'CONGRATULATIONS SARAH O'REILLY' thread. So Ant's has always been a Champion it seems..........???

I'm a bit biased as first time I ever saw him as a junior at Auckland , he jumped on a horse i was helping with named 'Metal Mickey' and he WON by half the length of the straight at Alexandra Park.

I near fell down in Shock.! Who was that bloke A Butt?    Maurice McKendry was Mickey's regular driver, but had his own horse in Most Happy Milly (who ran 2nd that night actually). The following week that great junior driver led up the GN Derby !, chock full of wonderful 3 year olds , Mickey got run down late for 2nd, but wow! !!!what a great first time impression he made on me (and many other junior drivers too) and Ant's still winning the big ones now near 4 decades later. exceptional talent.

Cockhead whoever he is, is a lightweight who doesnt bother Brodie at all, going by the weak effort he has put in!

When he starts posting topics for BOAY to discuss I will give him more credence!

You can see by his limp wrist efforts today that he has got nothing!!!

• Haha 5

On 7/19/2021 at 3:22 PM, Brodie said:

Fair enough Kim, respect your opinion of your Dad!

Tell you what, I will eat humble pie and put him in the 6!

Not saying I am wrong,  but maybe you are right?

You're a Good Judge Brodster !!!!! and Kim has instructed you well.  He's TOP of the TOP 6. !!!!! Mr Anthony Butt !!!!!!

Hope you got to see the absolutely Top Notch drives tonight in Brisbane, on TOMMY LINCOLN, then TOUGH MONARCH , then AMERICAN DEALER in the Derby !!!!!!!!!!!!!   three of the best ever drives seen at Albion. better than Nat and Mark even !!  (did I really say that???) hahahahah

Gammalite is gunna be mighty sad once Ant's and all these fabulous visitors from NZ and NSW and Vic leave town. sadsadsda

but for the moment Lapping it up. what a treble by Anthony !!!  who is Krug? who is Blair O? lol.......  great stuff Ray Green.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

You're a Good Judge Brodster !!!!! and Kim has instructed you well.  He's TOP of the TOP 6. !!!!! Mr Anthony Butt !!!!!!

Hope you got to see the absolutely Top Notch drives tonight in Brisbane, on TOMMY LINCOLN, then TOUGH MONARCH , then AMERICAN DEALER in the Derby !!!!!!!!!!!!!   three of the best ever drives seen at Albion. better than Nat and Mark even !!  (did I really say that???) hahahahah

Gammalite is gunna be mighty sad once Ant's and all these fabulous visitors from NZ and NSW and Vic leave town. sadsadsda

but for the moment Lapping it up. what a treble by Anthony !!!  who is Krug? who is Blair O? lol.......  great stuff Ray Green.

The form of american dealer over there has been quite a turnaround. Before he left for queensland his form was noticeably dropping away,and he always seemed to be best driven with one run at them. He hadn't beaten krug in their previous 5 meetings,but did beat him 9 months ago. Now his form is the complete opposite on all fronts.

And krug who was the dominant 3 year old prior to his below par jewels run,only struggled into 3rd tonight,beaten easily by american dealer.

A butt is winning a lot, thats one consistent thing.

• Like 1

Ants has always been a quality driver, for a very long time. If he was back in nz, of course he would be in the top 6 drivers, record speaks for itself. 
Hope it all goes well in Aus for them, I can see the timing right, am sure they will get plenty of nz horses coming their way. 

• Like 3

On 24/07/2021 at 10:45 PM, Newmarket said:

Ants has always been a quality driver, for a very long time. If he was back in nz, of course he would be in the top 6 drivers, record speaks for itself. 
Hope it all goes well in Aus for them, I can see the timing right, am sure they will get plenty of nz horses coming their way. 

Interesting that in all the write ups there has been no mention of A Butt getting suspended for 4 weeks for causing interference to king of swing.It happens to drivers occassionally,nothing unusual there,just strange the media don't think its worth mentioning. I see Butt and r thurlow were warned for a verbal exchange in the birdcage after the race. Probably both exchanging views on each others tactics.