Bit Of A Yarn

Copy That owners turn down big money

The hrnz website has a story on it where it infers the owners of Copy That have turned down a million dollar offer. Just goes to show what they are willing to pay for a good horse. Personally i still think Copy That will not last that long at the top level due to the amount of hard racing he has had in a relatively short period of time ,but thats just my opinion. Good on the owners for hanging on to him though.I guess they aren't in the sport just for the money.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

Ray and his wife bought COPY THAT for $7000 originally , then sold it to the current owners for a hefty price.

They decided to leave the horse with Ray after the purchase too !!!  He was game and/or confident to carry on training him after the sale . Lot of pressure ? but at Ray's age in his 70's he probably doesn't feel it.

He originally raced KING OF SWING too himself. Must be a terrific horseman is Ray ? unfortunately with King of Swing drawn 1 Alley for the $1/4 mill Group 1 Blacks A Fake Championship on Sat night . The KING might be to hard to roll a second time, but you never know.

Speaking of the 4 time Interdominion winner BLACKS A FAKE , here's a 'happy Snap' ! of our golden girl Nat visiting him last week at her parents place , while holidaying in sunny QLD . The old boy now 21 years old.!! what a marvel he was on track. 

18450.jpg

• Like 5

Well the Blacks A Fake Group 1 has been run and won at Brisbane and it's the great mare AMAZING DREAM again !!! 

Maybe some of you kiwis got a piece of that ? was good odds in Australia, as King of Swing goes for a gallop early but still he and Copy That seemed to have their chance afterwards 3rd and 4th. 

1st
4. Amazing Dream Nz (4)
2nd
6. Rockin Marty (6)
3rd
2. Jeradas Delight (2)
Bet Placed on:24/07/21 20:08:47 AEST
You would think Gammalite could of popped the $1.20 fav KOSwing in for third ? in the 2.5k trifecta? . or taken a Quinella that paid $1,300 in QLD ,but not clever enough . had something on the great mare though at 40-1 sportsbet. Tote fixed odds ended up being 60-1 too!!!. quite incredible. 
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well the Blacks A Fake Group 1 has been run and won at Brisbane and it's the great mare AMAZING DREAM again !!! 

Maybe some of you kiwis got a piece of that ? was good odds in Australia, as King of Swing goes for a gallop early but still he and Copy That seemed to have their chance afterwards 3rd and 4th. 

1st
4. Amazing Dream Nz (4)
2nd
6. Rockin Marty (6)
3rd
2. Jeradas Delight (2)
You would think Gammalite could of popped the $1.20 fav KOSwing in for third ? in the 2.5k trifecta? . or taken a Quinella that paid $1,300 in QLD ,but not clever enough . had something on the great mare though at 40-1 sportsbet. Tote fixed odds ended up being 60-1 too!!!. quite incredible. 

Sounds like you got a nice collect. well done. While amazing dream paid an amazing dividend again,i guess anyone backing it was going on its win a couple of weeks ago,and not its run last week when it was beaten into 3rd in a weaker mares  race. Obviously those that backed it got it right. King of swing didn't seem to have much gate speed tonight,so probably had himself to blame for getting into the position he did early,not sure whether he was checked. The commentator over there is really good. He helps make the racing exciting.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gammalite said:

1st
4. Amazing Dream Nz (4)
2nd
6. Rockin Marty (6)
3rd
2. Jeradas Delight (2)

I didn't see the race and just got home and look up results. Amazing. I backed her because her price was crazy here and even longer in Australia. I can't understand how she paid so much but I'll take it, thank you very much. I have been following Captain Crusader and got another good price on him $4.80 place here. What do you know about Captain Crusader Gamma?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davis said:

I backed her because her price was crazy here and even longer in Australia. I can't understand how she paid so much but I'll take it, thank you very much. I have been following Captain Crusader and got another good price on him $4.80 place here. What do you know about Captain Crusader

Yes , we've been VERY spoilt by the presence of such great horses and trainers/ drivers from NZ in Brisbane lately. a true delight. 2 years ago Mark turned up with Self Assured and won all those 3 yearold races as well . Now Ray Green has had a great time , and to think he did All the groundwork with the Oz best rep, King of Swing as well, in his early race days. superb. 

Rickie Alchin is quite a good horseman from NSW . gets good results with his team. His colt Captain Crusader is performing well , and he puts the leading driver Luke on to get good results. Rickie drives ok himself too , actually won the Last Race at Albion driving himself on Black Hawk Joe, from a very hard barrier too. 

Hey!,  if you know the Captaintreacherous  sired horse in North Island NZ named HOT AND TREACHEROUS, you can say CAPTAIN CRUSADER by the same stallion, is Exactly the same Type of horse. They are Too good for moderate fields , so takes on the good ones like Krug for example, and runs lots of 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths.  Both are terrific horses and you can only wish they get their moment in the Spotlight with a BIG Group race Win at some stage. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Yes , we've been VERY spoilt by the presence of such great horses and trainers/ drivers from NZ in Brisbane lately. a true delight. 2 years ago Mark turned up with Self Assured and won all those 3 yearold races as well . Now Ray Green has had a great time , and to think he did All the groundwork with the Oz best rep, King of Swing as well, in his early race days. superb. 

Rickie Alchin is quite a good horseman from NSW . gets good results with his team. His colt Captain Crusader is performing well , and he puts the leading driver Luke on to get good results. Rickie drives ok himself too , actually won the Last Race at Albion driving himself on Black Hawk Joe, from a very hard barrier too. 

Hey!,  if you know the Captaintreacherous  sired horse in North Island NZ named HOT AND TREACHEROUS, you can say CAPTAIN CRUSADER by the same stallion, is Exactly the same Type of horse. They are Too good for moderate fields , so takes on the good ones like Krug for example, and runs lots of 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths.  Both are terrific horses and you can only wish they get their moment in the Spotlight with a BIG Group race Win at some stage. 

Thanks Gamma. Captain Crusader offered good value that's why I backed it in his past three starts at Albion Park. I backed him for a place and the lowest price was $3.20, I got $4.80 on Saturday night! He was drawn badly but he's such a consistent horse I didn't think that would stop him being in the money. Thank you very much!! He doesn't go a bad race and would be a great horse to own as he gets stake money regularly. He seems a good staying horse to me and It will be interesting to see if he gets stronger next season?