Bit Of A Yarn

Selections game - 3rd Sept - Addington + Cambridge place punting

Karrotsisback

14 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well John takes out Race 1 and pays $7.00 . thank you very much . Keep em' comin' John lol !!!

Gamms could you please take over this thread as Im literally logging off now will do 1 last post. To keep BOAYS up-to-date, think Nowornever got a place win with his top 3 pick Romeo Foxtrot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Only paid $5.80 on TAB NZ.

Well Race 2 hits the line , and all is fine for BIG JOHN , big john, Big bad John....... lalala....

How did you go with that one Chief ? only $17.00 and $4.20 a place for Mr Dunn in the second on Sportsbet.

I feel violated as paid $25 / $5 on the tote. !! dang it. 

16 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Gamms could you please take over this thread as Im literally logging off now will do 1 last post. To keep BOAYS up-to-date

com'on Karrots , i'm half way through the carton now , being a beautiful Friday and Big John Dunn is raking in the dollars , can't take over anything at present lol......

4 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

com'on Karrots , i'm half way through the carton now , being a beautiful Friday and Big John Dunn is raking in the dollars , can't take over anything at present lol......

Gamms its only up to race 2, of 12. Im too full of rage lol. Gunna go to supermarket get some Vino Tinto.

Then gunna put on some Tunes, maybe some Britney Spears 🎶

Not going to watch any further. Lost interest. 

Good luck tho peeps.

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Gamms its only up to race 2, of 12. Im too full of rage lol. Gunna go to supermarket get some Vino Tinto.

Then gunna put on some Tunes, maybe some Britney Spears 🎶

Not going to watch any further. Lost interest. 

Good luck tho peeps.

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

What about your Cambridge corners ! a winner or 2 coming around the bends yet? 

Rage no good , you only end up like Molloy or Forbury! lol. yeah bottle of vino will help . good luck to you too .......

29 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

What about your Cambridge corners ! a winner or 2 coming around the bends yet? 

Rage no good , you only end up like Molloy or Forbury! lol. yeah bottle of vino will help . good luck to you too .......

Gamms, ok Ill bite before I go, you are a smart man,

What part of this do you think is OK?

You know what I mean.

17 minutes ago, Gospel of Judas said:

Looks like doubled my money so far! one to go! must be new Brodster!

Good effort mate. I got $4500 from Sods Law, other two pace to hot. There was some willing racing tonight, the two maidens and Buckskin race quite a few black bookers. Looks an even lot of maidens...

• Like 1

Our multi was a miss, however our individual selections were fantastic, everyone had at least 1 collect! The overall winner was Gospel with a whopping total of $9600!

Below are everyones collect

Karrots $1700 Beach Ball + $2500 Kerry Maguire (would of been $3300 but last min changed from top 3 to top 4)

Davis $4500 Sods Law 

Gamms $1600 + SomekindofWonderful $1600 

Unhinged $4200 Sods Law + Jagara $3500

Nowornever $3600 Romeo Foxtrot 

Mikey NZ American Sniper $2200 + Evangelist $2200

Jakh Yossi $2900 + Evangelist $2100

Chief Henry Hubert $1500 

Gospel Sods Law $4000 + Rocknroll Diva 3rd $3600 + Magnifique Dimanche 2nd $2000

Wolf Terry Brother $1700

Trotsfan No Time Like Now $2700

Edited by Karrotsisback
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Our multi was a miss, however our individual selections were fantastic, everyone had at least 1 collect! The overall winner was Gospel with a whopping total of $9600!

Karrots $1700 Beach Ball + $2500 Kerry Maguire (would of been $3300 but last min changed from top 3 to top 4)

Davis $4500 Sods Law 

Chief Henry Hubert $1500 

Gospel Sods Law $4000 + Rocknroll Diva 3rd $3600 + Magnifique Dimanche 2nd $2000

Wolf Terry Brother $1700

Thanks Karrots a great competition. It was good to see everyone collected some did really well, including me! I backed Sod's Law for myself but nothing like $1000 put on 

All the best mate....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davis said:

Thanks Karrots a great competition. It was good to see everyone collected some did really well, including me! I backed Sod's Law for myself but nothing like $1000 put on 

All the best mate....

Congrats Gospel and many thanks Karrots for organising a bit of fun for us all.

Cheers

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Davis $4500 Sods Law 

Chief Henry Hubert $1500 

Wolf Terry Brother $1700

If only it was so easy to make a grand plus in no time, if only lord if only to use the words of Roger Whittaker.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I assume you know who Roger Whittaker is?

Nah just liked your comment due to the first part, "If only it was so easy to make a grand plus in no time",

And to think Brods would punt more than $1000 a pop. More like minimum 2k. Can see how can make money on these place punting when you have an eye for it. 

Right gunna roll of this thread & go watch a race on a horse they are talking about on another thread. 

Got me intrigued. 

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

If only it was so easy to make a grand plus in no time, if only lord if only to use the words of Roger Whittaker.

It is not easy but is not that hard either.

Brodie's style of betting inspired me. Lately, like Brodie, I have been looking for value and making money at Premier meetings something Brodie said could n't be done. I don't put as much on as Brodie would but I usually get three or four times my investment back. I think that is pretty good. Money can be made at Premier meetings. Generous dividends I have had at Premier meetings, include... Laver in the Jewels. Amazing Dream twice in Aussie, Captain Crusader in the Brisbane 3yo series, Gerard O'Reilly's filly third placed at Jewels... Sod's Law last night, the list goes on. 

This competition has shown that making money on Premier nights is possible. There are good place dividends on offer if you look, study the form and the past record of the horse. When you look through the fields with this frame of mind sometimes the horse jumps right out at you... Sod's Law did that.

• Like 3

On 9/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, Gammalite said:

Molloy 

Oh my was so caught up in races & what not yesterday, didn’t even read nor hear about this attack what they are calling a terror one took place. Just reading about it now.

Gee last time was randomly there happened to see ya old mate there too maybe 3-4-6 months ish ago right by that exact supermarket.

32 minutes ago, Davis said:

It is not easy but is not that hard either.

Brodie's style of betting inspired me. Lately, like Brodie, I have been looking for value and making money

Yes me too. I follow North more but due to Brods tips more to follow Addington bigger track. So its taking me time to do so. Learn the horses there. Last nite was good practice. Still don't know them all that well. Def can see a way to make $ on this big place punting. But one has to know form & horses etc before being super confident.

Edited by Karrotsisback
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Roger Whittaker was not too bad!

Great whistler!

Whittaker is 85, retired now,another of that great era of singers coming to the end, another great singer, Tom T Hall died two weeks ago, he was 85 too, great watching or listening to music on you tube, mostly looking at stuff you wouldn't find anywhere else,.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Oh my was so caught up in races & what not yesterday, didn’t even read nor hear about this attack what they are calling a terror one took place. Just reading about it now.

Gee last time was randomly there happened to see ya old mate there too maybe 3-4-6 months ish ago right by that exact supermarket.

Yes me too. I follow North more but due to Brods tips more to follow Addington bigger track. So its taking me time to do so. Learn the horses there. Last nite was good practice. Still don't know them all that well. Def can see a way to make $ on this big place punting. But one has to know form & horses etc before being super confident.

The draw is also important in big races. For example, Laver, if he draws inside Gerard O'Reilly is expert at getting the horse well placed without using any extra fuel, leaving plenty in the tank for an effort in the straight, usually the passing lane. His daughter Sarah O'Reilly is also good at this. I think Addington, or tracks like Methven are the best places to make money on Premier days. Follow the form, keep you eyes open and you'll get there mate. Good luck.

• Like 1

Well done to those that can beat the TAB!
You need to bet only fixed odds as the tote pools are so small now compared to years ago.

If you can consistently make money on Premier meetings then well done!

Give me a non winners  race any day, however would like the NZ TAB to do what Ardern says and be KIND!

I am not bothering wagering on NZ harness at the moment due to the likelihood that some horses may nit be totally race fit.

Anyway, busy with a project at the mo that will reap rewards in spades, so TAB doesnt need me just like I dont need them!

• Like 3