Bit Of A Yarn

This Kiwi Mare is Better than Entriviere

8 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

15/16 is about my rating.

Over 1400M Entriviere beat Icebath,and ran 3rd to Vangelic/Nimalee...a line through that form,if you consider Amarelhina better ,makes it an enticing proposition,one would think.

Well give you more credit than @Thomass unlike him you've actually put something up BEFORE the race!

18 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

But how much do they lose?  Isn't that hard to open an offshore account.  I'd take the 19's but wouldn't look at 15.1

Most people can't be bothered with offshore acct's , too much hassle , and a vast majority are simple working folk so not that tech savvy , no matter what the TAB or cretins think , so they will take what is on offer and the bookies know that . Historical betting would show them that these sort of unders are still taken .

12 minutes ago, Doomed said:

That's a strange way of punting. Every horse has its price.

The horse doesn't know what its paying.

There are so many variables to consider and often luck is the decisive factor.

Pricing horses is usually done by strict form analysis..i.e what is known about performance.

Why did Romancer pay $124.50 to win early this year?

Damn.  Got no show now!

Flemington hosts the VRC Derby, Empire Rose Stakes and the Hotham Handicap where a win would elevate them into the Melbourne Cup.

Amarelinha(Race 5, No 9)
Amarelinha
9. Amarelinha
(4)

J: James McDonald (56.5kg)
Flucs:$16, $17.97, $14.5
moneyball logo
$17

AMARELINHA (Race 5 No 9)
There will be no room for the faint hearted at the finish of this race. This Kiwi mare has form over further having won the Sunline Vase at 2100m and the NZ Oaks over 2400m at Trentham – she may have had enough when fourth in the Australian Oaks. Her two runs this time in have been fair, I did like the last start when she carried 59kg giving at least 3kg to all her rivals and was three wide yet battled on well to go down two lengths to Mirra Vision, a horse she meets 5.5kg better. She has form going the Melbourne way having won at Te Rapa and Trentham, she is one for one third-up and James McDonald rides from a soft draw. I will be including Hungry Heart in exotics. BET: EACH-WAY