Bit Of A Yarn

This Kiwi Mare is Better than Entriviere

12 minutes ago, curious said:

Probably the opposite to what I do. Don't necessarily back the horse I think most likely to win, rather the ones that I think are priced greater than what I rate their chance of winning.

Each to his own , but i don't see the point looking for an over priced horse if i don't think it can win . Saying that i am looking at more than one horse to start with but have usually narrowed it down to my pick by Saturday morning , once i know weather , track conditions , jockey , barrier etc . 

But good luck to you .

10 minutes ago, nomates said:

Each to his own , but i don't see the point looking for an over priced horse if i don't think it can win . Saying that i am looking at more than one horse to start with but have usually narrowed it down to my pick by Saturday morning , once i know weather , track conditions , jockey , barrier etc . 

But good luck to you .

You two way ahead of me I'm still backing nice names and lucky numbers!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, nomates said:

But good luck to you .

They all have a chance. I just back the ones that have a significantly better chance imo than the market says. Has worked ok doing that in multiple jurisdictions the last 18 years or so. So, from my perspective I'll just keep doing what's working. Not that interested in backing what is most likely to win. That's what all the losers try to do.

Edited by curious

1 minute ago, curious said:

Not that interested in backing what is most likely to win

Never said i back what is most likely to , i back what i think will win .

I backed Dragon Queen in the second because i thought it was due on form , good draw and better than the 1 win mare that she was , 21's way overs , the fav bloated the prices and i wasn't convinced she has really come up as a 4yo , which often happens with mares , so you should have backed the winner on what you are saying .

• 1 month later...