Bit Of A Yarn

Your Top Five NZ Current Jockey's and Why?

Haha no pressure , i'm going to frazzle my brain doing this .

I'm doing this on the basis of , i have confidence that i will get a ride that gives my money a chance 7/8 x out of 10 .

Over and above everybody else O P Bosson , by a margin , best thing he does is makes a decision quickly in a race and follows thru , on any horse .

J Riddell .

S Phelan , on any jumper .

L Allpress .

H Schofer .

J Parkes .

In the SI it is a pig in a poke .

K Williams , clearly .

T Comignaghi , when she has her head switched on as last Saturday .

Hmm.   Not super easy, but I guess we are rating who is there, not who we might like to be there.

North :  

Bosson , Allpress,Riddell ,Asano.

South:

Williams, Comignaghi, Wynne, and Johnson .  

Despite only a shadow of his former brilliant best, on a good day he is still better than most.

On 22/09/2021 at 9:19 AM, Doomed said:

Sadly, I just don't watch enough NZ racing closely enough to have an opinion. I pretty much do all my betting on a Saturday in Aussie. I have a few that I don't rate for historical reasons, often just on the basis of one or two shocking rides.

And then we can go to Sydney to watch K McAvoy ride Sword of State like a 4kg claimer , absolute shocker .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

And then we can go to Sydney to watch K McAvoy ride Sword of State like a 4kg claimer , absolute shocker .

I don't know why they stick with him.  Just don't get it.  

JMac isn't doing that well either.  Entriviere had no chance giving the leaders lengths when they run home in 33.4.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I don't know why they stick with him.  Just don't get it.  

JMac isn't doing that well either.  Entriviere had no chance giving the leaders lengths when they run home in 33.4.

Tough for J Mac from the draw but at least he made a decision and the mare wasn't flattened , and will fight another day , McAvoy done nothing , jumped and sat , the horse worked overtime and was trying his guts out , could have flattened him , they will have to be careful what they do with him next week or two . It was a pitiful effort but all too regular even in Aus now .

Gee that's a tricky one. I try not to follow certain jocks these days,but will have a cursory look at what the 'guns' are riding. I was taken by Elen Nicholas who was riding well,until she was involved in that fall last weekend,so a shame to see her side lined for a while. In the South,i am a big Jason Laking fan,i mean not anyone can win Group 1s. I do think if he was linked to a prominent stable and getting better rides,then he could be right up there in the South,but he's not but i will continue to throw my $$ his way.

I note that no one put D Johnson on their list , won the premiership easily last season but has been slow to get going this season , only 7 winners at over 1 in 11 rides , so pretty poor .

Has 2 rides today at Rotorua and both beaten at $1.50 , next ride @ $1.70 in the 6th , who's brave enough .

I've always been scared to back her on shorts , has a mean ability to get them beaten .

4 hours ago, nomates said:

I note that no one put D Johnson on their list , won the premiership easily last season but has been slow to get going this season , only 7 winners at over 1 in 11 rides , so pretty poor .

Has 2 rides today at Rotorua and both beaten at $1.50 , next ride @ $1.70 in the 6th , who's brave enough .

I've always been scared to back her on shorts , has a mean ability to get them beaten .

She has ridden poorly this year and in a few big races last year.