Bit Of A Yarn

The leading OZ trainer is really the worst at getting results.

Gammalite

You guys think things are Bad in NZ ? you ain't got nothing on Tasmanian Harness racing and Mr B Yole. 

I'm having mental Health issues just looking at the Tasmanian fields today ,

and having to Digest the Fact' that this bloke YOLE,  with 50 horses racing Hobart today, is Australia's leading Trainer ????  good grief.  very sad.

How could anyone bet ?, or even a dollar on these things? . (hopefully no-one in NZ does) spose you just bet on the opponents, but who would watch this rubbish?

What BEN YOLE does, Is load races with as many runners as possible to try and jag something >>>. The horse form is deplorable from his stable . You have to doubt 'whatever method' if Any at All that they use in training . must be going straight out of the freezing Tassie paddocks . here's a look at the form today.

RACE 1/  11 starters,  8 x YOLE runners are in with just 3 placings in total of the last 5 starts between them  (1 win + 2 placings from last 40 starts)

RACE 2/  11 starters,  8 x YOLE runners in ......................... (1 win + 4 placings from last 40 starts ")

RACE 3/  12 starters,  8 x Yole runners in .......................... (2 wins + 6 placings from last 40 starts between them))

RACE 4/  10 starters  5 x YOLE runners in ..........................(2 wins + 4 Placings from last 25 starts ")

RACE 5/  14 starters  7 x YOLE runners in ..........................( 0 wins + 2 Placings from last 35 starts between them)

RACE 6/  12 starters  9 x YOLE runners in ...........................( 4 wins + 2 placings from last 45 starts  ) 2 wins from one horse ? , must be the good one !!!!   

RACE 7/  8 starters   5 x YOLE runners in ...........................( 0 wins + 1 placing from last 25 starts ")            

so 10 wins from over 200 starts from this lot of 50 Horses recently , after having 66% of the field nearly all the time as well !!   .and none even breaking 2 minute MR. 

Disgraceful .... ... how is that ranked 'The Best'? embarrassing best (at best)....... and the strappers must get tired too lol.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

You guys think things are Bad in NZ ? you ain't got nothing on Tasmanian Harness racing and Mr B Yole. 

I'm having mental Health issues just looking at the Tasmanian fields today ,

and having to Digest the Fact' that this bloke YOLE,  with 50 horses racing Hobart today, is Australia's leading Trainer ????  good grief.  very sad.

How could anyone bet ?, or even a dollar on these things? . (hopefully no-one in NZ does) spose you just bet on the opponents, but who would watch this rubbish?

What BEN YOLE does, Is load races with as many runners as possible to try and jag something >>>. The horse form is deplorable from his stable . You have to doubt 'whatever method' if Any at All that they use in training . must be going straight out of the freezing Tassie paddocks . here's a look at the form today.

RACE 1/  11 starters,  8 x YOLE runners are in with just 3 placings in total of the last 5 starts between them  (1 win + 2 placings from last 40 starts)

RACE 2/  11 starters,  8 x YOLE runners in ......................... (1 win + 4 placings from last 40 starts ")

RACE 3/  12 starters,  8 x Yole runners in .......................... (2 wins + 6 placings from last 40 starts between them))

RACE 4/  10 starters  5 x YOLE runners in ..........................(2 wins + 4 Placings from last 25 starts ")

RACE 5/  14 starters  7 x YOLE runners in ..........................( 0 wins + 2 Placings from last 35 starts between them)

RACE 6/  12 starters  9 x YOLE runners in ...........................( 4 wins + 2 placings from last 45 starts  ) 2 wins from one horse ? , must be the good one !!!!   

RACE 7/  8 starters   5 x YOLE runners in ...........................( 0 wins + 1 placing from last 25 starts ")            

so 10 wins from over 200 starts from this lot of 50 Horses recently , after having 66% of the field nearly all the time as well !!   .and none even breaking 2 minute MR. 

Disgraceful .... ... how is that ranked 'The Best'? embarrassing best (at best)....... and the strappers must get tired too lol.....

he is getting the results . and winning with knacker yard horses so better trainer than your making out . and keeping tazzie racing going

• Like 2

Looking at the ownership he seems to own,or have a share in 15-20 of them. So you could conclude that a large number of outside owners view him as the only trainer worth supporting in tasmania.

So why do the bulk of owners support just the one trainer?

If you could answer that then you may be able to draw conclusions.

But your right when you suggest the betting public will rightly or wrongly have a perception as regards integrity,and that is always a major factor when punter support of support of tasmanian harness racing is considered,which can only lead to a decline. 

Thats why a few on here used to point the obvious negatives when the all stars had so many in the age group races.

Its like the greyhounds here. In the central districts here you have the one kennel which has been the centre of allegations of live baiting,which they failed to prove,often having 3/4 of the field. Who bothers betting on that.its a sign of the beginning of the end.(i sound like brodie,so i must be on the money)

Edited by the galah

23 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

he is getting the results . and winning with knacker yard horses so better trainer than your making out . and keeping tazzie racing going

Hi HTP

Unfortunately it's pretty well known what happens to every horse after they are of no further use to him

11 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Hi HTP

Unfortunately it's pretty well known what happens to every horse after they are of no further use to him

It may be realistic of how some owners/trainers handle things, but of course its not accurate to generalise like that. Is that how you viewed the horses you used to train?

31 minutes ago, the galah said:

It may be realistic of how some owners/trainers handle things, but of course its not accurate to generalise like that. Is that how you viewed the horses you used to train?

No Galah, every horse we raced bar 2 really dangerous ones were either sold or rehomed

It's not a generalisation Galah, as all the horses concerned have been Notified as "Dead" with the Ozzie Harness Racing Board (if that's what it is called)

19 minutes ago, Mikie said:

No Galah, every horse we raced bar 2 really dangerous ones were either sold or rehomed

It's not a generalisation Galah, as all the horses concerned have been Notified as "Dead" with the Ozzie Harness Racing Board (if that's what it is called)

Good to hear as regards yours. Fair enough.Sounds like you think yole may treat his horses like they are just a commodity.Yet,he still gets the most support from owners who race horses in tasmania. So what does that say?

2 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

Poor 'results' is what I see.... I don't know the bloke but I come from Tassie, and they now call it 'The Killing Fields" 

I disagree this is keeping Tassie racing going.   This is possibly destroying it. ? Because you couldn't possibly support runners in these races , so punting must be minimal and public interest even less....

I'm a harness racing fan and can't stand Tas racing nor enjoy seeing it going this way !. Webberley and Barry Rattray used to put Tassie on the Map !! now it's just a remote Island for has-beens  .... 

yes I'm sure the Yole 'Training Fees' would be 'smallish' maybe? , but how many Knacker Yard horses can you save? to race and run unplaced all the time? , then send back to the ................................  back-blocks.

Yole is just Flooding most races with 'half competitve'  horses. 

they just say...... 'Trains the most winners in Australia' ?  to justify the strategy... 173 wins this year 2368 starts. 

I thought i would google ben yole to get more information on what some appear be suggesting.

What comes up are several articles on the peter profit website. I'm not a subscriber,so could only read the headlines of the stories,but there are many that have been written on that website,several this year. How true they are ,i don't know.

But here is a typical headline from one of the stories "the tasmanian authorities fiddle a tune of screaming horses,gunshots,chainsaws and barking dogs. While all around them harness racing burns." Others refer to yole as chainsaw and refers to how he prepares dogs meals. 

Sounds like a Four Corners story waiting to happen that could have similar ramifications for the harness industry to that of the live baiting story. Sounds like industry leadership over there are asleep at the wheel.

Yet,as i have pointed out ,this fella has many owners,many of them familiar names from other states. 

Edited by the galah

1 hour ago, the galah said:

While all around them harness racing burns."

Just a shame to see it go up in flames , with the ethical issues. racing several uncompetitive horses.

results yesterday saw 2 wins for Ben Yole in the 7 races from his 50 starting horses. 1 quinella. 

on a brighter note he gets drives and stable work for youngsters keen to have a go at the sport.

And also impressing is Ben's brother Mark Yole, who  is an exceptionally gifted driver . Drives a great race nearly every time , and would do very well on the mainland.

yesterday Mark Yole had just three drives in the Hobart races, but won 2 races.!! as he does so often. 

They were the 2 horses he drove for other stables other than Ben Yoles !!!!!  hehehe

5 hours ago, Mikie said:

I think they aren't Owners in the true sence of the word Galah

An Owner would normally be someone who pays training fees (generally!)

Nearly all of Chainsaw Yole's horses are on 50/50 deals 

His nickname relates to his friendship with a greyhound trainer/butcher

Still means many owners support him.

I don't know how accurate the peter profit website is,although it does have quite a following. from what i have read.

It does tend to sensationalise some stories.For example a recent headline was lance armstrong and flo jo return to training,with a photo of the nz trainers. And it often has stories on someone known as dodgy turbo Trainor.

• Haha 1

On 29/09/2021 at 6:07 PM, the galah said:

Still means many owners support him.

I don't know how accurate the peter profit website is,although it does have quite a following. from what i have read.

It does tend to sensationalise some stories.For example a recent headline was lance armstrong and flo jo return to training,with a photo of the nz trainers. And it often has stories on someone known as dodgy turbo Trainor.

jack and Jill what a team

• Like 1