Bit Of A Yarn

Gore at Wyndham...why?

Ludwig

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

Just another thought, Tuepeka are racing I think at Ascot Park on Sunday at labour weekend, I wonder if they have investigated the possibility of racing at Roxburg, where do the committee actually live.?

At one stage there was talk of racing Tuapeka at Oamaru. Just crazy. I wonder if they know where any of these places are 

Assuming that the Tuapeka club still has local committee involvement, the best places to race would be Roxburgh or even Wingatui. But going all the way to Invercargil? How many Tuapeka locals will turn up?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Honestjohn said:

Have any of you guys done the central Xmas circuit, I’ve always been meaning to go there, good horsepitality ?

cheers

Yes and its brilliant. Big crowds at all meetings with emphasis on picnic type meetings for both racing and non racing folk. Pubs are great value as well post meetings and there is plenty of choice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Yes and its brilliant. Big crowds at all meetings with emphasis on picnic type meetings for both racing and non racing folk. Pubs are great value as well post meetings and there is plenty of choice.

Thanks for reply,what dates should I work around please and which ones over a 5 day ?  Time. Closest I’ve got was ascot park10 years ago.

ascot motels is where I last stayed. Still there?

cheers

9 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

The reason I haven’t been is I holiday in Nelson at Xmas, and do the two days at Richmond. So maybe plan it better this year?

cheers

1 hour ago, Honestjohn said:

Thanks for reply,what dates should I work around please and which ones over a 5 day ?  Time. Closest I’ve got was ascot park10 years ago.

ascot motels is where I last stayed. Still there?

cheers

If you can, base yourself at either Alexandra or Cromwell in the New Year. That way you can go to either Roxburgh Omakau and Cromwell. For example this year Roxburgh was on 4th January and Wyndham at Cromwell on 6th. Check the calendar for this years dates. Great thing about it is that its always warm, even if the rain unexpectedly comes.

If you stay in Cromwell ,trainers and drivers can usually be found at a pub at the mall called the Brew House. Very convivial.

Hope this helps

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Champ Post 1

52 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

If you can, base yourself at either Alexandra or Cromwell in the New Year. That way you can go to either Roxburgh Omakau and Cromwell. For example this year Roxburgh was on 4th January and Wyndham at Cromwell on 6th. Check the calendar for this years dates. Great thing about it is that its always warm, even if the rain unexpectedly comes.

If you stay in Cromwell ,trainers and drivers can usually be found at a pub at the mall called the Brew House. Very convivial.

Hope this helps

100% helps massively.  Many thanks, I’ve always been wanting to go. 

Appreciate it.