Bit Of A Yarn

Big job for someone! CEO of the TAB!

53 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

He boasted once he was a farmer, crops or stock I wonder, the only time I saw him he had hands like a baby's arse, maybe he hired farmers to farm......that'd work.

Stock, pretty sure he has taken over the family farm, used to see his old man doing fences and such, not sure he's hands on or not but he'd be a bit soft after all those years in parliament, got a great story about him from his days on the Levin district council, can't tell it on a public forum, maybe if we ever have a beer together , that will get you giggling. 

18 minutes ago, nomates said:

Stock, pretty sure he has taken over the family farm, used to see his old man doing fences and such, not sure he's hands on or not but he'd be a bit soft after all those years in parliament, got a great story about him from his days on the Levin district council, can't tell it on a public forum, maybe if we ever have a beer together , that will get you giggling. 

You're on.

10 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

So you can't think of anything but deflection....very good.

Let me see for a start not sold off any racetracks, screwed any communities like certain ones West Coast, Marlborough, Otago, Canterbury or in North Island. Actually, spent money doing up certain courses through Health and Safety fund.

Why does Racing actually deserve any Government Funding? or minister to look after it. Not really essential industry in grand scheme of things, that warrants one.

48 minutes ago, Gospel of Judas said:

Let me see for a start not sold off any racetracks, screwed any communities like certain ones West Coast, Marlborough, Otago, Canterbury or in North Island. Actually, spent money doing up certain courses through Health and Safety fund.

Why does Racing actually deserve any Government Funding? or minister to look after it. Not really essential industry in grand scheme of things, that warrants one.

Please tell me an industry that does not directly or indirectly get Govt funding?...cheers.

p.s the common denominator is jobs....racing supposedly 40k+

2 hours ago, Gospel of Judas said:

You are off in a tangent. If you read the job description there is nothing about knowledge of racing. Please confine yourself to the topic.

Isn't that a prerequisite with racing administration and/or directors? Knowing SFS about racing and horses, look at Saundry, ''do you gallop them every morning''..........or words to that effect? And he wasn't the only one, John Allen and the shot-put queen of the buffet, knew pig shit about our caper and it showed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Isn't that a prerequisite with racing administration and/or directors? Knowing SFS about racing and horses, look at Saundry, ''do you gallop them every morning''..........or words to that effect? And he wasn't the only one, John Allen and the shot-put queen of the buffet, knew pig shit about our caper and it showed.

To give John and the shot putter some credit,at least they were clever enough not to even pretend they knew anything about, or had any interest in, racing. They always looked a bit bemused that an industry they knew nothing about would want to employ them to run it.

• Like 1