Bit Of A Yarn

JCA INCONSISTENCY

LongOwner

I attach party of a JCA ruling for Galloping and COLBALT and it is again so inconsistent when compared with Harness decisions .

A) The IRU said fine should be $11k and JCA awards $6k 

B) Reference to the IRU should of flagged the previous high colbalt reading to the trainer!

Now think Dunn & Burrows-

1) IRU suggested $6 k by memory  for the Dunn case and JCA near treble that fine - JCA loose on appeal . Also a minute caffeine v’s colbalt the substance in the galloper  should be double fine !

2) Burrows - Never warned / told about first Kava test then get 2 kava positives for an approved licences bet tonic .Same as galloping circumstances but surely colbalt v’s kava is meths v’s lemonade !

3) Burrows small 3 horse team and trainers honest as the day is long get fined $5 + $5 k then appeal and get another $1 k so $11 k for a supplement recommend at a horse shop to calm nerves . A fine nearly twice a high profile galloping partnership who gets cobalt !

All we ask is for consistency but the inconsistencies continue.

Why do we have JCA anyway they are making some strange calls and appeals are going against their original decision - ie Jewels Drivers Fines - regularly ! Also, it is the costing the sport huge money in overhead !

D53E8214-635E-4FB0-B855-FFB02817E390.png

• 2 weeks later...

How inconsistent is this fine Harness versus Gallops 

1) Harness bi carb 1st offence & proof not tubed - fined - $12,000

2) Galloper trainers 1st offence Cobalt - fined - $6,000 

Do gallopers recieve lower fines -  not  fair and not equal . Surely each code should have same penalties? 

DAC9D2C4-4E87-4763-B8A7-621A096C28CB.png

7F4AADA4-8310-491C-9262-50BB97E9B7C3.png

Guest CrossCodes
1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

So his Mrs said she most likely administered baking soda to the horses food??? Oh deary me

And his partner is Lydia Pickford, the galloping trainer, so it was someone who should have known what she was doing!

Still doesn’t explain the gallop $6 k fine versus harness Burrows fine and baking soda first offence $12k

Cobalt is in the public eye a far more serious drug but galloping trainer gets half what RIU suggest and credit for not been warned off by the RIU as last test was getting close !

Burrows charged twice and fine double but RIU admit they possibly should of told them of first Kava positive!

This is not consistent- are gallops treated differently? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Still doesn’t explain the gallop $6 k fine versus harness Burrows fine and baking soda first offence $12k

Cobalt is in the public eye a far more serious drug but galloping trainer gets half what RIU suggest and credit for not been warned off by the RIU as last test was getting close !

Burrows charged twice and fine double but RIU admit they possibly should of told them of first Kava positive!

This is not consistent- are gallops treated differently? 

big fines for smaller trainers to not consistent at all

• Like 1

I have posted a similar line in the Galloping Chat and to my surprise they tell me the JCA fines/penalty quidelines and set by the ruling body . 

So the JCA is not an independent body and two identical cases the galloper can get a $5 k fine and harness $10 k fine - surely this shouldn’t be !

The JCA should be fully independent and not puppets to the governing body and why slam harness v’s galloping. 

Is HRNZ judge and jury plus trying to destroy every trainer in NZ . Who gave them the mandate to treble penalties for the harness code v’s galloper ? Both race horses , both bet on and both subject to doping surely for transparency and public perception penalties should be the same .

Harness big finds get in the paper gallopers never reported on so makes out to the public harness are just big cheats .

JCA should be 100% independent !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Lovey Dovey Moment has always shown ability. I lost money on it early on. Hasn't been firing lately but got punted on fixed odds at its last start. Now it goes and wins.....

agree happy,has always shown it can run a bit, its problem has been going rough under pressure, and throwing away its winning chances many times with a gallop. The stipes report noted  the driver advised the addition of toe weights had helped its balance, also reporting it had still been a little rough in patches.  That stable are always to be respected and  J keast a very good driver.                                                                                                Long owner, my take is  you have highlighted that gallops are too soft, and the harness side have got it right.                               

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the galah said:

The stipes report noted  the driver advised the addition of toe weights had helped its balance

I have always wondered if that sort of thing should be notified before the race. If I knew something like that I would have punted Lovey. 

I don't get why some trainers tell the stipes they will drive the horse for one sprint etc but they don't bother with other things like shoeing. I suppose it would just get all too much. But if you are asked why the sudden improvement in a performance of a horse by the stipes then maybe one should be declaring it.

Don't know. The status quo where nobody really cares is easiest and I suppose the easiest way is most often the best way for the majority. 

• Like 1