Bit Of A Yarn

Magic Millions Yearling Sale - Live Streaming

15 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Well he was disqualified and fined 75K for training horses for one of Australia's most wanted, notorious conman Peter Foster, that qualifies for a wanker medal does it not......paying a kings ransom for a horse? that's sheer lunacy.

Spent $7m so far at the sale which you call a wank.

Annabel Neasham has spent $3.5m.

14 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I picked five out on the first day.  Not sure if I'll get to see the second day.

Ciaron Maher spent over $4m yesterday.

Gross Sales $40m.

Average well up on last year - Up $70k.  $200k t0 $270k.

Median up too - $150k to $220k.

Put them up CS and I'll match with my picks and anyone else who cares to for something to follow.

There were some lovely horses go through, but anyone paying more than a couple of hundred grand for a horse needs a lobotomy. The Sydney Summer shits all over this sale for value for money, buy a real racehorse in SYD, without the trumpets and marching band not to mention the booze of this horse dispersal sale.......inflated prices brought on by hype.......

Sydney Easter is the blue ribbon sale, always will be, even after the move to the burbs........Gerry Harvey is always giggling, not hard to work out why. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

There were some lovely horses go through, but anyone paying more than a couple of hundred grand for a horse needs a lobotomy. The Sydney Summer shits all over this sale for value for money, buy a real racehorse in SYD, without the trumpets and marching band not to mention the booze of this horse dispersal sale.......inflated prices brought on by hype.......

Sydney Easter is the blue ribbon sale, always will be, even after the move to the burbs........Gerry Harvey is always giggling, not hard to work out why. 

So where do you rate the Sydney Summer Yearling Sale compared to MM?

What you are saying though is that the breeder gets a better return from the MM.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

So where do you rate the Sydney Summer Yearling Sale compared to MM?

What you are saying though is that the breeder gets a better return from the MM.

For sure! The breeders aren't stupid, they know if they earmark this sale they get the best return........in general. SYD summer is a buyers sale, good horses at generally good prices, something for everyone, it escapes the hype and media saturation MM gets......you should see all the b grade celebrities up here for the Polo and sales/races........so many locals aren't going Sat, many unvaxxed, and many just over the bullshit.......gimme Cox Plate, Derby Day, any day!

1 hour ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Looking good for Karaka eh Chief?

Not so sure - potentially looks good for the K1 but I would say the NZ domestic market is considerably weaker than the OZ market.  If I had a K2 yearling that was a good type and knocking on the door of K1 breeding wise I'd be rolling the dice and trying my luck with an Ozzie sale.

Well well well, Will Clarken has to postpone his trip to Dubai as he is positive, so too apparently are Gerry Harvey and his wife Katie Page, who'da thought the MM would be a super spreader event?..........they were all vaxxed? the Supreme leader of QLD was there too, poncing about, I wonder if she's got a few sniffles this morning?

1 hour ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Now the chook is opening the QLD border from 22nd Jan to all double vaxxed without fear of quarantine.......as soon as your chook opens the border come on over, the water on the Goldie this morning was 25 and the temp up at Ipswich races is 35.....Freda would love that.

Gloating is not a nice personality trait Joe , but yes i would love it also .

• Like 1