Bit Of A Yarn

Senz, no races again today,

19 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Only one day since Xmas day, a no goer again today with racing, oh dear, how sad, never mind.

It's because they have found out nobody's bloody listening , only you and you don't bet .

Let it die a peaceful death , you might feel better .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Huey said:

I've given up, had promise but it now as NM says dying.

I also get the impression they don't care.

I don't think it is because they don't care , they aren't trackside radio , they are a commercial business , they produce the racing the TAB will pay them to .

The TAB obviously thought they could fob the industry off with a patchwork racing coverage but have soon found out that their amatuer effort has been in vain . How much did they waste in punters club money , friggen farce .

I actually wonder how long the NZ division of senz will keep going, its 11 o cock sunday morning, they have just finished another rerun of tales of the turf followed by another rerun, best of the saturday session, people want live radio not repeat after repeat, trotstalk follows at 12  yet Waterlea start racing about 12 20 so if your a harness fan where are you going to focus ?

Newstalk zb run 2 12 to 3 sports shows at the weekend yet senz often try to compete by having their own sports show at same time, sure you can listen on demand but unless it's something out of the ordinary I dont and I spose lots of others dont, seems whoever is doing the scheduling must be a fuckin halfwit, maybe the racing coverage might rest with TAB, maybe senz, who knows but no racing on boxing day and now 2 saturdays in a row something's seriously going wrong here, do i really care, not anymore, how many others are the same, ?

Do I really care,?, maybe we've all got that attatude that has got radio and racing to the point it's at.

Like it or not Trentham yesterday for supposedly one of the bigger days on the summer was a pretty average day, small fields, probably a small crowd, things are pretty fucked really, if the product is crap we just turn off.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I actually wonder how long the NZ division of senz will keep going, its 11 o cock sunday morning, they have just finished another rerun of tales of the turf followed by another rerun, best of the saturday session, people want live radio not repeat after repeat, trotstalk follows at 12  yet Waterlea start racing about 12 20 so if your a harness fan where are you going to focus ?

Newstalk zb run 2 12 to 3 sports shows at the weekend yet senz often try to compete by having their own sports show at same time, sure you can listen on demand but unless it's something out of the ordinary I dont and I spose lots of others dont, seems whoever is doing the scheduling must be a fuckin halfwit, maybe the racing coverage might rest with TAB, maybe senz, who knows but no racing on boxing day and now 2 saturdays in a row something's seriously going wrong here, do i really care, not anymore, how many others are the same, ?

Do I really care,?, maybe we've all got that attatude that has got radio and racing to the point it's at.

Like it or not Trentham yesterday for supposedly one of the bigger days on the summer was a pretty average day, small fields, probably a small crowd, things are pretty fucked really, if the product is crap we just turn off.

14 hours ago, nomates said:

It's because they have found out nobody's bloody listening , only you and you don't bet .

Let it die a peaceful death , you might feel better .

Mikey , re read what i said yesterday .

And yes things are pretty fucked , because most of the time the product is crap , and yes most have just turned off .

Time you found another lame dog to pat .

7 minutes ago, nomates said:

Mikey , re read what i said yesterday .

And yes things are pretty fucked , because most of the time the product is crap , and yes most have just turned off .

Time you found another lame dog to pat .

Maybe we should start focusing on the Australian open,that's tennis in case you dont know,  it starts tomorrow in case noone had noticed lol.

3 minutes ago, nomates said:

Mikey , for the good of your mental health you need to let Senz go , find Coast and listen to all the great music of our youth .

Magic for me lol, I'm not worrying about senz but you need to admit, it is a good opportunity lost, game set and match lol.

7 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Whether Djokovic's plays or not he is only one man, tennis as in all sports goes on, womens tennis is more interesting without Serina Williams, good player no doubt and she to is free to play but she is over the hill.

Instead of trying to listen to SENZ tune into the Federal Court Case now....

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Instead of trying to listen to SENZ tune into the Federal Court Case now....

Impossible trying to read the comments on you tube lol

How does anybody prepare for a grand slam match with all these issues ?

Edited by mikeynz

I've been watching the stream.  It seams to boil down to whether his presence in OZ will encourage civil disobedience against the OZ Government Covid mandates.  His Lawyer pointed out that assuming that that was correct then sending him home would probably elicit more.

I think it will come down to whether or not the Minister of Immigration has the power to veto someone entering the country based on nothing but his political whim.  Normally the judiciary don't like that.

They're not debating his vaccination status, prior infection or even if he is negative.  That seems irrelevant.

58 minutes ago, Huey said:

No idea, but the man is sportsperson of the year already taking on these tyrants!

Djockovic, if he has broken any law, then he should be made most welcome in Australia, weren't that long ago you actually had to be a criminal to get to oz gee they must have short memories.

• Like 1

Are you tuning into SENZ today at 11am @mikeynz?

2022 Karaka Million Barrier Draw Announced on SENZ

18 January 2022

KM-Barrier-9336.jpg
Tune into SENZ at 11am (NZT) where the full Karaka Million barrier draw fields will be announced.

With all lead-up races run and won, and with the finishing touches being applied to preparations, the order of entry for the $1m DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka Million 2YO (1200m) and $1m Karaka Million 3YO Classic (1600m) now provides a clear idea of which horses will enter the Ellerslie starting gates this Saturday for New Zealand’s richest sporting event. 

New Zealand Bloodstock and Auckland Thoroughbred Racing Inc. will exclusively announce the final fields and barriers of the two $1million dollar features tomorrow morning via the SENZ radio platform and app. View the list of SENZ frequencies and listen to the live show here.

Racing enthusiasts can tune in from 11am (NZT) onwards for a full one hour Karaka Million special with SENZ hosts Ian Smith, Louis Herman-Watt and Michael Guerin, alongside NZB Managing Director Andrew Seabrook, ATR General Manager of Racing Craig Baker, Te Akau Racing’s Jamie Richards and trainer Roydon Bergerson.

The draw will be conducted following the standard New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing process as per usual race protocol. The full fields will then be published on New Zealand Bloodstock’s website, Facebook and twitter pages, as well as the NZTR website.

The Roydon Bergerson-trained Wolverine (NZ) (Tivaci) has topped the $1m DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka Million 2YO (1200m) standings since her Group Two Wakefield Challenge Stakes (1100m) victory on December 11. She now boasts a perfect three-from-three record, having added the Group Two Eclipse Stakes (1200m) at Ellerslie on New Year’s Day, and she has earned $138,970 in stakes.

“We took Wolverine home straight after that Ellerslie win and she was in her box by 9:30pm that night,” Bergerson said. “When I saw her the next morning, she had eaten everything we gave her and was looking for more. She spent three days down on the farm with Chris Rutten (part-owner) and since she has been back, she has been a real handful.

“That experience she had going to Ellerslie is invaluable looking ahead to the Karaka Million, and it’s very exciting to have such a good chance in the race, especially as she is doing it all on natural ability. I really believe she won’t be at her best until next season.”

Eclipse Stakes runner-up Pacific Dragon (NZ) (Charm Spirit) boasts the second-highest earnings with $38,850, followed by Grace ‘N’ Grey (NZ) (Spirit Of Boom) and Fellini (NZ) (Belardo) with $38,200 and $31,225 respectively.

Both Grace ‘N’ Grey and Fellini are trained by Jamie Richards for Te Akau Racing – the winners of five consecutive Karaka Million 2YO titles with Melody Belle (NZ) (Commands), Avantage (Fastnet Rock), Probabeel (NZ) (Savabeel), Cool Aza Beel (NZ) (Savabeel) and On The Bubbles (Brazen Beau). Last year’s winner On The Bubbles is set to line up again on Saturday to attempt a rare Karaka Million double in the $1m Karaka Million 3YO Classic (1600m).

Mascarinto (NZ) (Per Incanto) and Sacred Satono (NZ) (Satono Aladdin) sit in fifth and sixth place on the Karaka Million 2YO order of entry with earnings of $26,550 and $24,500.

The big mover in the final week of lead-up races is the new name that now sits in seventh – the Lance O’Sullivan and Andrew Scott-trained Time Ruler (NZ) (Time Test).

At this time last week, Time Ruler languished near the bottom of the table with just over $3000 in stakes to his name. But a brilliant five-length victory at Tauranga last Friday propelled him to $20,350 and a guaranteed spot in the Karaka Million field.

Having a live chance in the Karaka Million is a big result in itself for first-season sire Time Test, who shuttles to Little Avondale Stud. The exciting young stallion also has Timeless (NZ) in 14th place on the order of entry, while Time Flies (NZ) is 15th and currently in line to be the first emergency.

“Time Ruler had won a trial early on and was impressive, and he has taken a bit more time in learning his craft,” Little Avondale’s Sam Williams said. “Andrew and Lance have done a wonderful job and now have the horse in the Karaka Million.

“It is outstanding for Time Ruler and fantastic for Time Test to have his first winner in the southern hemisphere and a runner in the race.”

The other likely Karaka Million 2YO starters are Gwen Stephani (NZ) (El Roca) and the Te Akau pair of Lord Cosmos (Pierro) and Dynastic (NZ) (Almanzor), along with Alabama Gold (NZ) (Turn Me Loose), Gibraltar Rising (NZ) (Almanzor) and Diss Is Dramatic (NZ) (Dissident).

Listen to the live barrier draw on SENZ radio here.

View the DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka Million 2YO (1200m) Order of Entry here.

View the Karaka Million 3YO Classic (1600m) Order of Entry here.

Gee I've spent, (wasted) a fair bit of time on senz, their programming schedule or schizophrenia type scheduling makes it hard to follow, announcing the draw is one thing, broadcasting the race or any other race for that matter that's the dilemma and producing a programme that's worth listening too.

They dont even have a programme guide on the app anymore and hey I dont and wouldn't listen to any radio setup  all day, there is always something for everyone at certain times but the racing setup is just a complete shambles, apparently they put 25 each way on a horse at Orari a month or two back for the punters club, then when it broke in the lead up to the race they decided not to broadcast the race, sad as it was that's pathetic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Gee I've spent, (wasted) a fair bit of time on senz, their programming schedule or schizophrenia type scheduling makes it hard to follow, announcing the draw is one thing, broadcasting the race or any other race for that matter that's the dilemma and producing a programme that's worth listening too.

They dont even have a programme guide on the app anymore and hey I dont and wouldn't listen to any radio setup  all day, there is always something for everyone at certain times but the racing setup is just a complete shambles, apparently they put 25 each way on a horse at Orari a month or two back for the punters club, then when it broke in the lead up to the race they decided not to broadcast the race, sad as it was that's pathetic.

Mikey, Mikey , Mikey , you are going to die an slobbering old man muttering Senz , Senz , Senz , and the nursing staff are just going to go " we have no idea what he's going on about but give him more medication poor man " , then apply for a euthanasia exemption to put you out of your misery .

Have you ever tried turning the dial , go on try it , live dangerously .

• Haha 2

On 1/16/2022 at 1:10 PM, mikeynz said:

Whether Djokovic's plays or not he is only one man, tennis as in all sports goes on, womens tennis is more interesting without Serina Williams, good player no doubt and she to is free to play but she is over the hill.

The men's tennis is riveting. It's a new era with some brilliant new stars. Carlos Alcaraz is just a champ in waiting. 

2 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

The men's tennis is riveting. It's a new era with some brilliant new stars. Carlos Alcaraz is just a champ in waiting. 

I think the Djokovic's episode was a complete shambles too, like it or not in the last 15 years we've seen 3 of the greatest players ever at the same time, imagine if 2 of them hadn't have been playing at the same time, how many wins would they have won, sure there are always going to be other players but highly doubtful any of the new lot will ever reach the standards of the big three.