Bit Of A Yarn

New Minister

Kieran McAnulty new Racing Minister(outside Cabinet).

Used to be a TAB bookie.  I had the misfortune to be a co shareholder in a horse with him once.  I avoided being introduced to him since I can't stand anything to do with horseface Adhern but the Missus couldnt avoid meeting him and reckoned he was a dick.

Suspect he will be putty in the hands of the likes of Sharrock and his cronies

Edited by Reefton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fake News! 1

4 minutes ago, Reefton said:

Kieran McAnulty new Racing Minister(outside Cabinet).

Used to be a TAB bookie.  I had the misfortune to be a co shareholder in a horse with him once.  I avoided being introduced to him since I can't stand anything to do with horseface Adhern but the Missus couldnt avoid meeting him and reckoned he was a dick.

Suspect he will be putty in the hands of the likes of Sharrock and his cronies

I understand he's a dedicated Cindy supporter, so that must be his qualification for getting the job . Listening to him in parliament is highly nauseating.

• Like 1
  • Bad Post 1

37 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

After two years in the job, what exactly, apart from attending buffets, did Grant Robertson achieve?

Much as I dislike the current administration I think Robertson might well have had one or two other more important things than Racing to occupy himself with.  Actually it was a bit of an eye opener that Robertson took the job on.  The bloke who managed the horse I mentioned told me then(three or four years ago - not sure) that McAnulty was going to be the next Minister of Racing. 

The industry has to face it that we are not high priority when it comes to the activities of government unless it is Winston Raymond who manages to slither his way back into power and then it is his mates and backers who get all the attention paid to them and all their needs and wants catered to.  Incidentally reading the court news over those NZ First personnel up on fraud charges it looks like Winnie has managed to extract himself from scrutiny once again.  I would love to know exactly who the mystery donors to them were(but I have my suspicions!) 

Edited by Reefton
  • Like 3

What's the point in having Racing Minister? not really important anymore in wider scheme of things. Just completer waste of money. Kieran McAnulthave be most captured appointment for  Racing minister, especially  if Labour goes out. He want old job back, so don't see him doing a thing not against the TAB, RITA, NZRB, NZTR management