Bit Of A Yarn

Riccarton, Thursday.

And only one of those 6 has a full field , 3 of them less than 10 runners , good value for 15mil tho . There was never going to be the numbers down that way for A/W racing .

But it will soon be a pristine training track without all the hassle of that darn racing stuffing it up . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Honestjohn said:

6 races,  6 winners,  6 happy owners and trainers.  Just saaaaying. 

Hj

What about all the horses sitting in boxes because they don't like the A/W or owners don't want to risk them on it , a lot more unhappy owners than 6 happy race winners , just saaaaying .

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nomates said:

What about all the horses sitting in boxes because they don't like the A/W or owners don't want to risk them on it , a lot more unhappy owners than 6 happy race winners , just saaaaying .

A mate has a horse with Andrew and he said his horse prefers the A. W. T. 

Just saaaaying.

Hj

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Riddle me this, are/will trainers reduce their training fees if your horse/s can only handle the AWT and is useless on grass, reasoning, on the AWT you are racing for K12, correct.........that just doesn't make sense commercially, lets say your trainer is based in Cambridge and you're paying 85++ a day, some are dearer than that of course, why would you be paying that to race for peanuts? the photo on the wall is great, but it doesn't make commercial sense, that is of course if the trainer is up front and you can see for yourself that your neddy is never going to salute the judge on the green stuff.....oh, but he loves the AWT, a few more trials, just a few and you'll see the turnaround, woopy doo......bring it on........massive trial fields up in Wankato, gazillions of happy owners, SI not so much I'm guessing......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Riddle me this, are/will trainers reduce their training fees if your horse/s can only handle the AWT and is useless on grass, reasoning, on the AWT you are racing for K12, correct.........that just doesn't make sense commercially, lets say your trainer is based in Cambridge and you're paying 85++ a day, some are dearer than that of course, why would you be paying that to race for peanuts? the photo on the wall is great, but it doesn't make commercial sense, that is of course if the trainer is up front and you can see for yourself that your neddy is never going to salute the judge on the green stuff.....oh, but he loves the AWT, a few more trials, just a few and you'll see the turnaround, woopy doo......bring it on........massive trial fields up in Wankato, gazillions of happy owners, SI not so much I'm guessing......

No there are feature meetings and 40k MAATs at Cambridge.

5 hours ago, curious said:

No there are feature meetings and 40k MAATs at Cambridge.

On an AWT? Feature meetings? you have to be kidding? So I'm assuming black type on AW........that needs it's own category in the studbook then, and in NZB catalogues, it brings a whole new dimension to racing NZ style,....ye ha......

Numbers for Wingatui have held up reasonably well, a good number of Canterbury horses despite AWT tomorrow and Ashburton next week, with the Taplins, Blair Edie, Dennis not training and Tyler's apparently reducing numbers interesting times for Southern racing, numbers are probably better due to a kind winter, so far.

An interesting article in the Southland  Times Monday about John Phillips show the numbers of trainers jockeys etc compared to the past, the slide is substantial

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

On another note it has come to my attention there is a horse trainer in Australia called John Thomas, with a name like that he (DEFINITELY)wouldn't want his jockeys to fail him.

Just Saying.

(Definitely). sorry about the spelling error, 

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Just watched first few races today, majority of those riders not adapting to grit track are they, 

I would suggest that it's as much the horses not adapting to the grit track , horses go from travelling to nothing , some never looking comfortable , it's not a pretty watch , YAWN .

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, nomates said:

I would suggest that it's as much the horses not adapting to the grit track , horses go from travelling to nothing , some never looking comfortable , it's not a pretty watch , YAWN .

It's a hard watch. At least it's a change from the mad charge to the outside fence.