Bit Of A Yarn

Congrats Nomates!!

17 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Now the proud owner of the best 3yo in the country! And to think Innes said ''couldn't win' bloody jockeys, worst judges, .  Roll on the KM NM, may he stay sound and you keep your cool, fending off those huge HK offers is not easy.

Thanks JB , got fingers and toes crossed , not only jockeys who are poor judges .

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Boy can you pick one! congrats again, to have two and both in the Karaka Millions and fav, or close to, bloody well done. KFE might have to push big Dave's slippers to one side to accomodate the kilt and bagpipes, enjoy the ride, don't forget us plebs struggling to win a B65........throw us a sandwich.

• Champ Post 3

24 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Boy can you pick one! congrats again, to have two and both in the Karaka Millions and fav, or close to, bloody well done. KFE might have to push big Dave's slippers to one side to accomodate the kilt and bagpipes, enjoy the ride, don't forget us plebs struggling to win a B65........throw us a sandwich.

If i ever get to Aus for a big race i will call on you for suit case carrying services , Mrs Bloggs can show me the fancy places to eat .

Might even throw you a bone occasionally .

Cheers Mate , a bit surreal honestly .

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cmon NM, this ride is spectacular, what a horse the Night is, I can't wait to see his last 400m if you have that technology over there. Once you've finished demolishing the Lego set in the Millions bring him over here so the Aussies can get to see a really good horse in the flesh instead of TV.......

Viva is in the 2yo with bells on, her run full of merit, if you win both you'll need to shout us all up to yours for a BBQ mate, airfares inc........a warning, I only fly business class and never on Jetstar.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Cmon NM, this ride is spectacular, what a horse the Night is, I can't wait to see his last 400m if you have that technology over there. Once you've finished demolishing the Lego set in the Millions bring him over here so the Aussies can get to see a really good horse in the flesh instead of TV.......

Viva is in the 2yo with bells on, her run full of merit, if you win both you'll need to shout us all up to yours for a BBQ mate, airfares inc........a warning, I only fly business class and never on Jetstar.......

Your pushing the envelope mate , if your lucky i'll have rejuvenated the Northern Star and you can have the 1st class room , actually you can have the Captains room as you will be sailing it over yourself , how does the other half go as an engineer .

The ride is getting a bit wild , pun intended .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cmon Curious, I'm a classy guy, business class is achievable and available to all, you just gotta get the other guy/gal to pay for it........cheap?.......I wont fly Jetfail, that's being selective and wise, NM will lay on a Hummer for you and Mrs Leggy, with all the trimmings, I'll predict he'll slay a beast, roast suckling pig, it'll be the biggest day in Levin since Chris Amon won the Grand Prix......touch wood they stay sound, the big chestnut will pull Legatos pants/panties down.......Ohh sorry that's a misogynist comment, sorry.sorry. but you get my gist, .......go you good thing.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

15 hours ago, nomates said:

The ride is getting a bit wild , pun intended .

Congrats to you Nomates ! What a fine horse the Wild Night is. would Just like to add, that as old mate Nomates enjoys the Winnings, that another of the co-owners is a very kind-hearted chap named Robert , who also races harness horses and a handful of gallopers (and post on forums) whom put many many hours in to showing off the now en-dangered Nz harness racing museum, and is promoting the sport to all that came along for a looksee.

So Wild Night has been getting cheered on for quite some time already , by galloping followers, harness followers, racing forum followers and 2 nations already !! Long May He Continue To Win !!!!🏆🏇🏇🏇  great stuff.

• Champ Post 2

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Congrats to you Nomates ! What a fine horse the Wild Night is. would Just like to add, that as old mate Nomates enjoys the Winnings, that another of the co-owners is a very kind-hearted chap named Robert , who also races harness horses and a handful of gallopers (and post on forums) whom put many many hours in to showing off the now en-dangered Nz harness racing museum, and is promoting the sport to all that came along for a looksee.

So Wild Night has been getting cheered on for quite some time already , by galloping followers, harness followers, racing forum followers and 2 nations already !! Long May He Continue To Win !!!!🏆🏇🏇🏇  great stuff.

Hopefully i get to meet him on Millions night , sounds like a top bloke .

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Good luck tomorrow NM, may the racing Gods smile upon you and keep your mate Morrie safe, and hopefully a Wild Night ensues.....we are rooting for you from the Goldie!

Thanks Joe, if I could do anything to effect a positive result I would, and you would be surprised to what lengths I would go to. 

Appreciate the thoughts. 

• Like 2

Super run by your bloke mate, held up at a crucial time and a super ride by the Saffer, if your fella isn't a Cox Plate horse I'll eat my sombrero, verdad! te promito!

Hope he eats up and they find a paddock, bring on the winter in QLD or the spring......the prize money for 2nd isn't to be laughed at, spend wisely.

• Like 4

Thanks Joe, can't scoff at 2nd, can't win every race so have to roll with the punches, got a few scrapes and bumps so we'll see what the washup brings, still his first full prep and if I'd been offered what he's done at the start I would have jumped at it. 

Congrats to the winners. 

Bravo Morrie. 

• Champ Post 2

On 1/21/2023 at 5:12 PM, Joe Bloggs said:

Hope he eats up and they find a paddock, bring on the winter in QLD or the spring

Keep going while in good form. WFA at Te Rapa Feb 11th is a target. no weight being a 3 yearold against the oldies. always a welcome relief. Oppie won't make the weight so gives lighter jocks a crack at it.

put the slow ones in the paddock is what Vinnie Knight always said lol... keep the fast ones on the track. plenty of time for grass later when the dealings done .😁😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Keep going while in good form. WFA at Te Rapa Feb 11th is a target. no weight being a 3 yearold against the oldies. always a welcome relief. Oppie won't make the weight so gives lighter jocks a crack at it.

put the slow ones in the paddock is what Vinnie Knight always said lol... keep the fast ones on the track. plenty of time for grass later when the dealings done .😁😉

Sounds like you have been talking to Te Akau. 

On 26/01/2023 at 9:11 PM, holy ravioli said:

Wild Knight👍 looks like a very classy horse.Seemed a bit unbalanced in the straight.

Big future in Oz.

Try Wild Night without the K , still a work in progress but huge upside . Has a great constitution and a fantastic attitude , nothing worries him . 

I hope you are correct about huge future in Oz .