Bit Of A Yarn

barryb

4 hours ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

all long servants of the racing media responsible for racing's continued repulsiveness to normal people ?

What a stupid comment. Didn't see it but the three mentioned at least have the ability to advance some independent opinions rather than just towing the party line.

• Like 2

Saw the show today... a little hesitant/tentaive whcxih is to be expected 'first up'. Dominated by Guerin, who is not afraid to air his knowledge. Made some sound points re Messara Report,. Hopefully the other two get to have their say a lot more as the weeks go on. Otherwise it will have to renamed: Guer In.

22 hours ago, barryb said:

I thought todays show was of a very high standard, the right people involved and I just hope they can maintain that momentum.

Hello Bazz...are you there ...knock knock...wake the f up

Shell Don Harness Man Martha was woefully inept and out of his depth..

...not to mention half asleep...looking uncomfortable 

"I think that favourite...being by a sprinting sire out of a sprinting mare...couldn't get the 1600M...what do yous guys think"?

Mick looked the other way...and Brucey quickly changed the subject when he realised Shell was talking about the 3yo 1200M race

ffs...

Mick's take on things..and the interview we're great...but he has a habit of hogging every entire f in show he appears on...like his loudmouth Viaductee relative

So we have 2 Harness men on a Thoroughbred review show

Yes independent...but Shell Don's not the answer ffs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shell Don must have had a premonition..

...to get the hell out of the crooked Harness scene and get into a real sport

Next time Shell...don't get confused with Harness Mile rates and 3yo Thoroughbred sprint races...

I think you may have got it through the stupid producers this time..but twice may be pushing it

Itll take sometime for you to cross over though

• Like 1

The Viaductee has been very quiet over the Harness drugmules for some reason

Bestys with the Dunn's...who he helped through their recent run in with 4 Caffeine positives..

do you think it has anything to do with the overall picture?

He was their 'lay advocate'...calling Caffeine "ubiquitous" and suggesting the stable was probably set up...

...and the charges have damaged the Dunn brand "beyond repair"

...doubtful in that instance but good hyperbole to lesson the sentence I guess

What will damage the 'brand' is if anyone is found guilty of race fixing...

...soon he's going to be doing so much laying he better be getting some laying pellets in for sustenance 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Thomass said:

The Viaductee has been very quiet over the Harness drugmules for some reason

Bestys with the Dunn's...who he helped through their recent run in with 4 Caffeine positives..

do you think it has anything to do with the overall picture?

He was their 'lay advocate'...calling Caffeine "ubiquitous" and suggesting the stable was probably set up...

...and the charges have damaged the Dunn brand "beyond repair"

...doubtful in that instance but good hyperbole to lesson the sentence I guess

What will damage the 'brand' is if anyone is found guilty of race fixing...

...soon he's going to be doing so much laying he better be getting some laying pellets in for sustenance 

I asked if you had run afoul of him not for your views on his association with the harness racing industry.  The Dunns might be mates of his but he does not generally have too much good to say about that particular branch of NZ Racing.

Anyway I have sympathy for Robert Dunn and his wife - nobody wants to see their child in strife and the subject of such intense media scrutiny. The Dunns(I have never met them so this is not personal) have contributed hugely to the NZ industry and it is deeply sad to see things like this occur.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

" The Dunns(I have never met them so this is not personal) have contributed hugely to the NZ industry "

anyone who has " contributed hugely "  to this industry must be feeling like they been horribly ripped off at the moment !

Well they might be PD but I dont know if you have children?  Whatever they may do your love for them is unconditional and nobody wants to see their child make a fool of them themselves like this(assuming the charges are proven course).

I should imagine the Dunns are no different and it will be breaking their hearts to see this unfold.  It puts worrying about Winston stealing our racetrack into perspective.

43 minutes ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

Our kids were brought up properly and kept away from things like horse racing and the people thereof.

We concentrated on sport and family and respecting fellow humans

There  are more good people in racing  then bad,a few rotten apples will always get caught out in the end ,but even then they will probaly only get a slap on the wrist .It just ruins it for all  the good and honest hard working people that are trying to get ahead in life only to be tarred with the same brush as the bad apples.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Maybe Shell Don's angling for a ride in Amatuer riders races rather than his amatuer Chariot hobby??

...Lets hope he knows the difference between a MILE race and Mile rate this week...

...or Mick Guerin might take him aside and tell him he's embarrassing Mick's monologue

I've raced a horse with Sheldon and I'd say he knows more about thoroughbred racing than most. He also knows what he doesn't know.

Edited by curious
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Thomass said:

Maybe Shell Don's angling for a ride in Amatuer riders races rather than his amatuer Chariot hobby??

...Lets hope he knows the difference between a MILE race and Mile rate this week...

...or Mick Guerin might take him aside and tell him he's embarrassing Mick's monologue

And Shello will hit back with a reminder who " Father Mick " is related to or ask him about  " Joel " ?

Guest CrossCodes
2 hours ago, Reefton said:

I asked if you had run afoul of him not for your views on his association with the harness racing industry.  The Dunns might be mates of his but he does not generally have too much good to say about that particular branch of NZ Racing.

Anyway I have sympathy for Robert Dunn and his wife - nobody wants to see their child in strife and the subject of such intense media scrutiny. The Dunns(I have never met them so this is not personal) have contributed hugely to the NZ industry and it is deeply sad to see things like this occur.

I think you will actually find the apple hasnt fallen far from the tree.

Robert Dunn has been known for decades to be shady as hell, even got in  trouble when he took a break from training to run the Hornby TAB and got the sack for dodgy going on's with the infamous 'Steel Balls', so it is of no great surprise that the family have adopted his questionable morals.

6 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

I think you will actually find the apple hasnt fallen far from the tree.

Robert Dunn has been known for decades to be shady as hell, even got in  trouble when he took a break from training to run the Hornby TAB and got the sack for dodgy going on's with the infamous 'Steel Balls', so it is of no great surprise that the family have adopted his questionable morals.

wouldn't know anything about that.  As I say I don't know him but he has fashioned a pretty fair record in the industry

• hesi pinned this topic
  • hesi unpinned this topic