Bit Of A Yarn

WELL DONE TAB... BALLARAT CUP FIELD ODDS OUT ALREADY

Davis

Congratulations to the TAB for having the odds for the Ballarat Cup and the feature trot up already. Thank you.

Brodie and I have been critical of the TAB not setting odds sooner for meetings. Perhaps they have listened my old mate? There are some good odds on offer, but some too short in my mind.

What a great field the Ballarat Cup has attracted. Form galore, you can make a case for most horses in the field. There is nothing to interest me in NZ, with Waterlea, one of the worst tracks in the world, the only choice. No.

Ballarat is the place to bet on Saturday.

Go the Cruiser!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Davis said:

Congratulations to the TAB for having the odds for the Ballarat Cup and the feature trot up already. Thank you.

Brodie and I have been critical of the TAB not setting odds sooner for meetings. Perhaps they have listened my old mate? There are some good odds on offer, but some too short in my mind.

What a great field the Ballarat Cup has attracted. Form galore, you can make a case for most horses in the field. There is nothing to interest me in NZ, with Waterlea, one of the worst tracks in the world, the only choice. No.

Go the Cruiser!!

You do realise that the races at Waterlea are on the grass Davis?

• Fake News! 1

22 minutes ago, Mikie said:

You do realise that the races at Waterlea are on the grass Davis?

WTF has that got to do with the Ballarat Cup?

Get real.

Of course i know it's grass I used to live in Blenheim. Worst track in New Zealand, no money from me. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Davis said:

Go the Cruiser!!

He's good the cruiser but cam hart had the choice of drives and went for the major who is beyond airborne and I very much doubt any horse in this race could of been flattened knocked over and still won seriously what run.it just might set up for it with so much speed on the front row.with Zac going over to drive he's horse must be a chance with his magic driving to win at over the odds.i favour them two horses as long as they go suicide pace which it's set up for.cranbourne is way under the odds as he can only be driven one way in my opinion that's leading to be able to win at this level.rock n roll doo no thanks.no gate speed will need luck to get off.what a horse it would be trained by Grimson not stanley.i learned my lesson he's a average trainer and he's well and truly proved that true.plus no offence Anthony butt absolutely first class driver love him he's great but he's a heavyweight must be forty kilos heaver than Zac cam.it must make a little difference.

• Champ Post 1

16 hours ago, Davis said:

Get real.

Of course i know it's grass I used to live in Blenheim. Worst track in New Zealand, no money from me. 

But the grass must be good there LoL 😜 I will look into that never thought there could be a bad grass track I just love them.i don't even care about the shocking crossings.the grass just makes more variables especially when rain effected.all the best with the cruiser 

• Fake News! 1

52 minutes ago, Forbury said:

cranbourne is way under the odds as he can only be driven one way in my opinion that's leading to be able to win at this level.rock n roll doo no thanks.no gate speed will need luck to get off.what a horse it would be trained by Grimson not stanley

Imagine that they will hand up to Nz Cup champion Copy That to get a cosy run.

Rock and Roll Doo is a 'nut-case' with throwing his head around and all sorts of shit like that. Agree Forb's,  the horse really needs a Trainer who can make the very necessary Gear adjustments that the 'Doo-doo requires..

Sorry to say old mate Davis . You're 'cruising for Bruising' if still gunna back the Majestic Cruiser. He has been pretty flat since the huge effort going to Nz and chasing hard behind Copy That in the Cup. needs a little rest I think maybe.  

• Champ Post 2

6 hours ago, Forbury said:

But the grass must be good there LoL 😜 I will look into that never thought there could be a bad grass track I just love them.i don't even care about the shocking crossings.the grass just makes more variables especially when rain effected.all the best with the cruiser 

For once you are wrong my old mate. I was a keen runner when I lived in Blenheim. I ran around Waterlea course often. I tell you what mate, the course was rougher than the Wither Hills and Taylor River tracks. Shocking track.

• Like 1

He's good the cruiser but cam hart had the choice of drives and went for the major who is beyond airborne and I very much doubt any horse in this race could of been flattened knocked over and still won seriously what run.it just might set up for it with so much speed on the front row.with Zac going over to drive he's horse must be a chance with his magic driving to win at over the odds.i favour them two horses as long as they go suicide pace which it's set up for.cranbourne is way under the odds as he can only be driven one way in my opinion that's leading to be able to win at this level.rock n roll doo no thanks.no gate speed will need luck to get off.what a horse it would be trained by Grimson not stanley.i learned my lesson he's a average trainer and he's well and truly proved that true.plus no offence Anthony butt absolutely first class driver love him he's great but he's a heavyweight must be forty kilos heaver than Zac cam.it must make a little difference.

Frankly, I think A. Butt is well past his best. He ruined Amazing Dream the way he drove her in Aussie. I also disagree Mike Stanley, he is a very good trainer, driving not so good. Anthony Butt will be an improvement, but the horse has no gate speed so doesn't matter.

• Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Imagine that they will hand up to Nz Cup champion Copy That to get a cosy run.

Rock and Roll Doo is a 'nut-case' with throwing his head around and all sorts of shit like that. Agree Forb's,  the horse really needs a Trainer who can make the very necessary Gear adjustments that the 'Doo-doo requires..

Sorry to say old mate Davis . You're 'cruising for Bruising' if still gunna back the Majestic Cruiser. He has been pretty flat since the huge effort going to Nz and chasing hard behind Copy That in the Cup. needs a little rest I think maybe.  

Maybe? But that doesn't alter the fact that the Cruiser is the best horse in the race. The best horses sometimes perform miracles.

Go the Cruiser...

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

You are also right re fitness. Anthony Butt is obese.

That's what i notice about the American drives Dexter Dunn, Tetrick... they look so athletic and fit, here many drivers obese. Aussie drives the same, hot shot Cameraon Hart, slim and athletic, Kate Gath, even the best Australasian driver of all time Chris Alford is still slim. It makes a big difference the weight mate, you are on the money

Edited by Davis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davis said:

Frankly, I think A. Butt is well past his best. He ruined Amazing Dream the way he drove her in Aussie. I also disagree Mike Stanley, he is a very good trainer, driving not so good. Anthony Butt will be an improvement, but the horse has no gate speed so doesn't matter.

BULLSHIT drove group1 winner the other day . how many have you drove?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/18/2023 at 7:20 PM, Davis said:

Get real.

It's got nothing to do with the Ballarat Cup

But you brought it up in your post

I just walked around it (I didn't run!)

It is the same as any other grass track I have raced on, except the crossing is one of the best about 

Edited by Michael
  • Champ Post 1
  • Bad Post 1
  • Fake News! 1

On 1/19/2023 at 3:47 PM, Davis said:

Maybe? But that doesn't alter the fact that the Cruiser is the best horse in the race. The best horses sometimes perform miracles.

Go the Cruiser...

Well some excellent performances by some nice CaptainTreacherous Stock past couple of days . (thought for a moment the Cruiser was one but was your friend Captain Crusader got mixed up with.)

some of my very favourites too. Tony winning tonight with the trotting filly Double Delight at Auckland . Captain Tom in Southland. also Catch A Wave raced away by lengths in a 1200m race at Melton just tonight for Kate Gath. he's won 13 from 17 now and is gunna have a super year . watch out for him. 

Captain Bellasario will be winning the last at Ballarat tomorrow night . he's a beauty. won the Vic sires stakes last start. 

and Can Not wait till near the best in Oz in the shape of Captain Ravishing gets going again. No kiwis are gunna get near him 😉 (famous last words) has he goes on a winning streak this year . won 8 of 12 to date including Melton track record . 

• Like 1

Here's the Cup field too . like an Interdominion Final (less McCarthys or Purdons lol....)

new kids on the training block of Grimson and Stewart .....trying to hold out the old kiwi foxes of Butt, Green and Orange . gunna be a good one . Any thoughts boys ?????????

Driver   Class  Hcp  
1 11393 INTEREST FREE (Em 1)  Julie Douglas   Daryl Douglas   NR116  FR-  
2 6053r ROCK N ROLL DOO NZ  Michael Stanley   Anthony Butt   NR112  FR1 $5.20
3 02871 CRANBOURNE NZ  David Aiken   Nathan Jack   NR112  FR2 $4.50
4 54270 TORRID SAINT  Julie Douglas   Jack Laugher (C)   NR120  FR3 $51.00
5 11112 COPY THAT NZ  Ray Green   Blair Orange   NR120  FR4 $3.50
6 48312 I CAST NO SHADOW NZ  Jason Grimson   Jack Trainor   NR120  FR5 $11.00
7 21114 HONOLUA BAY  Emma Stewart   David Moran   NR120  FR6 $9.00
 ------------------------------ Second Row ------------------------------ 
8 1263s OLD TOWN ROAD NZ  John Dickie   Zachary Butcher   NR98  SR1 $11.00
9 31102 MACH DAN  Emma Stewart   Mark Pitt   NR120  SR2 $14.00
10 65534 TRIPLE EIGHT NZ  Jess Tubbs   Greg Sugars   NR115  SR3 $41.00
11 23676 MAJESTIC CRUISER  Jason Grimson   Kate Gath   NR116  SR4 $26.00
12 39111 MAJOR MEISTER NZ  Jason Grimson   Cameron Hart (C)   NR110  SR5 $6.00
13 39234 MAX DELIGHT  David Aiken   Chris Alford   NR120  SR6 $21.00
  • Champ Post 1

16 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Well some excellent performances by some nice CaptainTreacherous Stock past couple of days . (thought for a moment the Cruiser was one but was your friend Captain Crusader got mixed up with.)

some of my very favourites too. Tony winning tonight with the trotting filly Double Delight at Auckland . Captain Tom in Southland. also Catch A Wave raced away by lengths in a 1200m race at Melton just tonight for Kate Gath. he's won 13 from 17 now and is gunna have a super year . watch out for him. 

Captain Bellasario will be winning the last at Ballarat tomorrow night . he's a beauty. won the Vic sires stakes last start. 

and Can Not wait till near the best in Oz in the shape of Captain Ravishing gets going again. No kiwis are gunna get near him 😉 (famous last words) has he goes on a winning streak this year . won 8 of 12 to date including Melton track record . 

Captain Crusader is a good horse, I won plenty off him in his three year old days. Unfortunately, he didn't come up as well this season and hasn't been seen for a while, Perhaps, horse sick or injured?

The top Captain Treacherous sired horses are good looking horses, powerful and athletic and they have something about them. That's what I first noticed about Captain Crusader.

You are right mate. It has not been mentioned but all the group races at Ballarat 2,3 & 4 won by sons of Captain Treacherous.

And don't forget the mare Millwood Nike! 

Go the Cruiser!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davis said:

It has not been mentioned but all the group races at Ballarat 2,3 & 4 won by sons of Captain Treacherous.

And don't forget the mare Millwood Nike

She could be the best of the lot. unbeaten in 8 starts so far. 

CaptainTreacherous really getting some good ones. yes you mentioned the 2 year olds. forgot to put them in.

I'll call it now . the CaptainTreacherous will Trifecta the Vic Derby late this year. the early crow lol..

School Captain - Perfect Class - The lost Storm 

Here ya go , they already Trifectaed the Breeders Crown in the Spring. here's the top 3 below.

These are going to be u-beaut 3 yearolds. What a fine stallion he is .

Send 'Hot n Treacherous' over to Oz 🏆. he'll win em in a row .

IRT AUSTRALIA BREEDERS CROWN SERIES 25 (2YO COLTS & GELDINGS) FINAL (GROUP 1) 2240M
$300,000 2YO Colts and Geldings. RBD. PACERS. Mobile  Final Results
Pl  Horse Prize-
money
  Row &
Br
TAB
#
Trainer Driver
(C = Concession)
Mgn
(m)
Starting
odds
Stewards'
Comments
1 SCHOOL CAPTAIN  $150,000   Fr2 2 Russell Jack Nathan Jack   $ 3.90   PRS GS L 1 SWAB
  BROWN COLT 2 by CAPTAINTREACHEROUS (US) out of YANKEE SHOWGIRL (BETTORS DELIGHT USA)
Owner(s): Lauriston Bloodstock Pty Ltd
Breeder(s): Lauriston Bloodstock Pty Ltd
2 PERFECT CLASS  $ 48,000   Sr1 8 Emma Stewart Kerryn Manning 6.60 $ 12.00   5 HI CMP SWAB
3 THE LOST STORM  $ 30,000   Fr4 4 Emma Stewart Mark Pitt 23.20 $ 2.10 fav  PRS GS OLM 2 QUER SWAB
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Gammalite said:

new kids on the training block of Grimson and Stewart .....trying to hold out the old kiwi foxes of Butt, Green and Orange . gunna be a good one . Any thoughts boys ?????????

Well it's the great colour combo of 'green and orange' that takes the Victory. 

Grimson's lot of 3 horses failed on this occasion. Emma Stewart duo in for 2nd and 4th places went well.

But all honours with COPY THAT tonight in Ballarat Cup . Way to good for them in distance racing. another cup for the double Nz Cup champion. well done Ray and Blair. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Well it's the great colour combo of 'green and orange' that takes the Victory. 

Grimson's lot of 3 horses failed on this occasion. Emma Stewart duo in for 2nd and 4th places went well.

But all honours with COPY THAT tonight in Ballarat Cup . Way to good for them in distance racing. another cup for the double Nz Cup champion. well done Ray and Blair. 

Way to easy for copy that.lucky Nathan jack is a pure criminal who just handed up easily to copy that and that was the race.grimsons horses weren't there to win.suppose you cannot juice them all the time.just waiting for the major majors obviously.great drive by Blair and trading by Andrew drake and ray green.its Andrew looking after the horse in australia.anthony butt destroyed the chances of many horses and talk about a shocking drive as the horse should of made a move to the death like it always does.seemed a fix race to me where copy that was the one trying out of the favs.cranbourne is purely a leader so why hand up so easy?why did butt not make a move?why did butt interfere with many?why did cam Hart put a sit sprinter in the death?I did not get in the race.but if I know copy that would lead so easy I would of.

Edited by Forbury
Spelling
  • Champ Post 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:57 PM, Gammalite said:

Captain Bellasario what happened first up back row.double delight cost me plenty it hated that filthy tight corner at the goat track hole was counting my money great drive Zev on second horse

4 hours ago, Forbury said:

Captain Bellasario what happened first up back row.

Well it was the only one on back row in the last at Ballarat. Got the Dream run through to 3rd early , should of pressed on to the top . Jack Laugher made mistake and tried to take hold for 1-1 sit but was fighting the horse thereafter. Not a great strategy. horse didn't like the lugging pole IMO either. ran on ok late, but young lass in front rated the Marg Lee horse perfectly for win...

• Champ Post 1