Bit Of A Yarn

Michael House - Stable Clearout!

Brodie

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

The question needs to be asked why arent the public advised of change of driving tactics like they do in Oz?

Wilson House is normally one of the most conservative drivers around especially at Addington  and yet he changed tactics with Superstar Legend last night!

The horse has battled to win at Addington and yes it was a total form reversal from a much raced horse.

The punters obviously didnt think it could win last night by the fixed odds and tote divs!

Superstar Legend was offered in the Gavel House auction a few weeks ago so the owners obviously werent that confident of the horse paying its way!

Interesting the fixed odds v tote price, 40s on fixed I think, i reckon there'd be a fairly long list of horses out there that don't pay there way, must have been a handy performer winning 10.

2 hours ago, Shad said:

Interesting the fixed odds v tote price, 40s on fixed I think, i reckon there'd be a fairly long list of horses out there that don't pay there way, must have been a handy performer winning 10.

Majority of the wins were at Palmy where you dont have to be that flash to win!

Useful horse and not an overly strong field in hindsight last night but normally young Wilson House wouldve pulled back from the outside of the gate!

Let's face it, 10 wins anywhere is still a thrill for any owner.  That's what we are all in it for, wins.  If they were only in the Manawatu you would have to think the horse has been nicely handled and well placed.

On the other matter of Australian authorities (both codes too I would suggest) insisting change of tactics declared and form reversals explained it shows to me exactly what it is.  Professionals across the ditch, amateurs here.

Big effort given the draw, and a tough ask for any runner taking the gamble to go forward from a wide draw, and hope to get an easier lead, if that can be achieved, in fairness it had to do a bit of work to get there.

18 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Raced normal again last night, had a good run offered nothing

You need to do your form a bit more newmarket.

The field it raced against a couple of nights ago included 1 that had won a group one race,another who had placed in a group 1 and won a listed race the week before,and another who had run 4th in a group 1 race. And the rest were all mares who had very nice records.

So superstar legend actually ran a very respectable race. The week before when it won,it was a handy field and a very nice stake,but not as strong as the latest race.

Edited by the galah

59 minutes ago, the galah said:

You need to do your form a bit more newmarket.

The field it raced against a couple of nights ago included 1 that had won a group one race,another who had placed in a group 1 and won a listed race the week before,and another who had run 4th in a group 1 race. And the rest were all mares who had very nice records.

So superstar legend actually ran a very respectable race. The week before when it won,it was a handy field and a very nice stake,but not as strong as the latest race.

I agree.... She actually went a second faster on Friday night and got held up until the 100m...probably a better run than her win

• Like 1

You’re missing the point. When it won it drew outside and went hard first 800m. 
Last race it had cushy run and offered little, forget who it raced against. 

Let’s see what it does next few starts, I’m picking it will not win a race in its next 6 starts, will race poorly. Then we can all look back and wonder how it won that race

• Like 1

On 21/05/2023 at 1:59 PM, Newmarket said:

You’re missing the point. When it won it drew outside and went hard first 800m. 
Last race it had cushy run and offered little, forget who it raced against. 

Let’s see what it does next few starts, I’m picking it will not win a race in its next 6 starts, will race poorly. Then we can all look back and wonder how it won that race

Well, 

The legend is running again in a few minutes. Drawn well you would think it will zoom to the front, if it can go 2.23 like 2 starts ago must go close. After all, Dance till dawn went same time recently with a far easier draw? 

As for my thoughts, I will say it won’t finish in the first 5, will have every chance and I will still have questions about its recent run. Good luck if your having a buck on it

6 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Well, 

The legend is running again in a few minutes. Drawn well you would think it will zoom to the front, if it can go 2.23 like 2 starts ago must go close. After all, Dance till dawn went same time recently with a far easier draw? 

As for my thoughts, I will say it won’t finish in the first 5, will have every chance and I will still have questions about its recent run. Good luck if your having a buck on it

Oooops, ok I was wrong. Good win, I’ve got egg on my face, hope the believers got plenty. Just to rub my nose in it more, house got quin. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Oooops, ok I was wrong. Good win, I’ve got egg on my face, hope the believers got plenty. Just to rub my nose in it more, house got quin. 😬

Ye of little faith, won well again, don't fluke winner of 10 races make that 12 now, no excuses beaten lot

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shad said:

Ye of little faith, won well again, don't fluke winner of 10 races make that 12 now, no excuses beaten lot

Yeah true, I am deflated. Don’t worry, will still keep betting against it and the House stable so big divs will continue

6 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Fantastic money wish I got more. Run not as good as her last couple though. Slower time over all and slower last 800m

33 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Yeah true, I am deflated. Don’t worry, will still keep betting against it and the House stable so big divs will continue

Don't bet to deflated, a wise man once told me, never condemn a horse till it's dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shad said:

I see he's lining up tomorrow again, any thoughts 😊

I have her rated more a top 4 chance. Hard to see it beating maren franco or classie linc myself but is n great form. I see the horses drawn 3-7 are all rated 50 & 51,yet have won 38 races between them. Yet if you had a 1 start,1 win horse in the field,it would also be rated 50.

The worst thing any horse 4years old or more could do would be to win in its first couple of starts because its then thrown in against horses like superstar legend who have won over $100,000. Hard to make sense of things like that. Thats part of the reason many sell overseas. Those who programme races really don't seem to factor that in and its all becoming unfair again.The handicapping system really does need revamped as does the programming

I don't undersatnd why there doesn't seemto be  a grasp of the reality that whenever you giver one group,whether it be young horse concessions,junior driver 3 point concessions or drop back concessions...you do so by penalising those that don't get any concessions.

Its like the 3 point junior driver. Personally i get tired of hearing the whale or matt cross go on and on about what a great thing they are. Great why? If your going to say something at least base it on fact. Its like if they repeat it enough they think  people will believe them.

Well Its been obvious that the handful of stables benefitting were using those drivers before anyway. So whats changed? Nothing as far as i can see and i've been following it.

When gemma thornley wins another race with lizzie richter or bella button ,the result is with the concessions and a penalty free win,they can win 3 races to every one elses 1 for the same rating penalty.I defy anyone to show evidence that those drivers would not have gotten those drives anyway. Mark jones used her just as much beforehand,michael house the same with his son,dalgety the same. Good luck to those drivers for taking advantage of a rule designed to give them special treatment,but really.

• Champ Post 1

On 5/25/2023 at 9:55 PM, Shad said:

Don't bet to deflated, a wise man once told me, never condemn a horse till it's dead.

Another wise man said it is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Wow, just seen a reply of Shards Fury!!!

Thats just what he can do when he puts his mind to it. Had a small wager on him myself. It was his 3rd run back from a bit of a let up and his previous run wasn't too bad.

For me the key was having  sam thornley driving. He needs an aggressive driver and seems to give his best for him if driven at a constant speed as opposed to a stop start speed. Then again,most horses are. The close in draw another part of his success.I personally think he just is happy to plod around for the other drivers hes had recently.Hes one of those horses that on his day and in the right grade  can deliver a big run and on other days you just have to say,well ill wait to all the positive factors are in play. Mind you i only came out just ahead on the punt for the day, so i was  pleased he won .

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I see Mickey Mouse had one of his gallopers out today. Miss Sailor, if they were trying today it would have nearly won. Settled back, Tina just sat back then without urging the horse flashed home thru middle, very quiet run indeed. 
Let us know if it’s worth punting next time micky when ya trying, we love backing on black 🤣

• Haha 1