Bit Of A Yarn

What's going on Auckland?

Yankiwi

9 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

FFS you really are clutching at straws now.

Am I?

Is it only 19 months of endless bad luck & I should shut my trap or is something causing it in Auckland?

What makes it far more likely to be a dog towards the back of the pack?

image.png.4fe7f28f80bb8c1e809458c4c1bff0b3.png

Yet it's a very rare occurrence at Addington.

image.thumb.png.7db62da3ec4e4a5aa8b5f0bd8bb364d4.png

I've revealed what was one of the problems with the lure distance as it was a rule breach which I had evidence of to provide. That alone hasn't improved much so why aren't AGRC, GRNZ & RIB all over this?

Ok you useless pack of twats. Don't bother getting up from your desk.

What can the #2 dog see in the top image (AKL) that the #3 and #4 dogs aren't likely to be seeing in the second image (Chch).

Why is the leading dog in the top image (AKL) looking further left than the hanging wooly, yet the leading dog in the bottom image (Chch) looking straight at the lure?

Spoiler - it looks like this & it makes more noise than that useless squeaker you put on the lure arm.

image.png.a55950d6c67b09eb6c0e4ab03b5979d5.png

Edited by Yankiwi

Hmmm.

Why are the lure & trolley cover nearly the same colour/tone, shape & size as the actual lure we're trying to get them to chase?

A fence (since it seems safety rails are mysteriously off the table) would be quite expensive to obscure vision.

What if you spent $50 and bought a pottle of paint similar in colour/tone to that of the loam & a paint brush?

Could that help? It'd be a very cheap investment which would be seen to be doing something to help, which might actually benefit the dogs that will be racing in August keep themselves off the steel? Surely it wouldn't make it worse.

image.png.thumb.jpg.2d7bd7d963093e4543ed18e0ce8b6cda.jpg

dog toys colour

Why not give it a go boys and girls?

I'll be tracking things regardless & will be quite happy to praise some positive results.

Not a very smart dog is it if it thinks it can cut through the rail to get to your pseudo lure i.e. cover.

I doubt it can even see the cover because of the rail.

Even then it didn't hit the rail it brushed it probably looking for a short cut because it was so much slower than the rest of the field.   

Surely you're suggesting there should be two lures one for the leaders and one for the slow dogs?

You suffer from the worst case of sampling bias imaginable!

image.png

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Not a very smart dog is it if it thinks it can cut through the rail to get to your pseudo lure i.e. cover.

I doubt it can even see the cover because of the rail.

Even then it didn't hit the rail it brushed it probably looking for a short cut because it was so much slower than the rest of the field.   

Surely you're suggesting there should be two lures one for the leaders and one for the slow dogs?

You suffer from the worst case of sampling bias imaginable!

image.png

Why's the lead dog (#1) focused on the lure cover and away from the actual lure?

There's only 3, possibly 4 dogs in this image that are chasing the lure they are meant to be chasing.

Maybe it time you started to share some of your solution ideas instead of dwelling on picking mine apart?

Never mind, once I submit my next post about information I have recently received a new allegation will be made.

Chief, sorry to say but it might pay to free up some space in your inbox for those emails to start flowing again about me.

GRNZ has now become 99% of my focus over this issue.

Reliable moreporks have come to my window recently & filled me in on some important things.

Firstly, most know that this little statement has spent a bit of time on BOAY threads already.

image.png.03f06eb53846e6a0d4f30dff15b4e7a1.png

What this doesn't say is that when GRNZ purchased the safety rail materials for the Wanganui instillation, they had also purchased enough materials at the same time to roll them out to the other 6 venues.

Why wasn't it rolled out to the other tracks? After all, welfare was/is paramount remember?

Where are those materials today? Does a police investigation need to be opened to locate them or prosecute whoever it was that decided GRNZ didn't need it anymore so they might as well have it? Wanganui's hasn't rotted away so the big pile you have somewhere won't have either.

Even more importantly, I understand that the RIB has sent correspondence to GRNZ about the problems with the Auckland track & have requested that a safety rail be installed. I'm told this correspondence was sent to GRNZ +/- 3 months ago. This timing would fit in rather nicely with when I started barking about it.

image.png.6fd0acaf76ad41f0d12b4219565c2f32.png

While that in itself isn't sensational, the fact the GRNZ hasn't bothered to respond to the RIB's correspondence is.

Everyone knows that you have more than enough resource for such a simple task. I know you've hired a lot of new suits as of late so you're probably still trying to work out who should do the few daily tasks that need to be done around the office.

In case you forgot, you now have a Welfare Manager, Infrastructure & Track Manager and a Welfare Strategy & Operations Manager probably just rubbing their hands together awaiting their next pay-packet. Surely at least one of them could put their hands to good use & find the time to respond to the RIB.

The RIB is still waiting...

I'm not...

3 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Reliable moreporks have come to my window recently & filled me in on some important things.

Firstly, most know that this little statement has spent a bit of time on BOAY threads already.

image.png.03f06eb53846e6a0d4f30dff15b4e7a1.png

What this doesn't say is that when GRNZ purchased the safety rail materials for the Wanganui instillation, they had also purchased enough materials at the same time to roll them out to the other 6 venues.

Why wasn't it rolled out to the other tracks? After all, welfare was/is paramount remember?

Where are those materials today? Does a police investigation need to be opened to locate them or prosecute whoever it was that decided GRNZ didn't need it anymore so they might as well have it? Wanganui's hasn't rotted away so the big pile you have somewhere won't have either.

Even more importantly, I understand that the RIB has sent correspondence to GRNZ about the problems with the Auckland track & have requested that a safety rail be installed. I'm told this correspondence was sent to GRNZ +/- 3 months ago. This timing would fit in rather nicely with when I started barking about it.

image.png.6fd0acaf76ad41f0d12b4219565c2f32.png

While that in itself isn't sensational, the fact the GRNZ hasn't bothered to respond to the RIB's correspondence is.

Do you have proof?  Are you suggesting there are leaks within the RIB?  Post the hard copy.

7 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Chief, sorry to say but it might pay to free up some space in your inbox for those emails to start flowing again about me.

GRNZ has now become 99% of my focus over this issue.

I might give them a call directly and raise some of your more rational concerns.

19 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Do you have proof?

I have several very reliable sources.

Are you suggesting there are leaks within the RIB?

I haven't suggested there are leaks anywhere.

Post the hard copy.

In this instance, I do not have a hard copy.

Even if I had, I would never post it on this or any other forum.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

So basically all hearsay.  

Have you rung GRNZ & asked where the materials are that they purchased 9 years ago for the remaining safety rails yet to be installed? There are 8 years overdue.

Asking for my friends in Auckland, Cambridge, Palmerston North, Christchurch & Invercargill.

We can ask them about Dunedin if/when they mysteriously recommission the track, like they did with the retired unsafe Palmerston North's 375m starting position.

Auckland 2015 - Yellow Rail

A last 6 months of the yellow to the first 6 months of the blue "rail contact comparison" will be coming soon to an internet forum near you.

Surely the powers of the past closely monitored and excepted the change & I will find no difference in occurrence, right?

Watch this space.

image.thumb.png.33c627961c3b5c71972cdc26781e7451.png

Investigation complete.

No substantial difference between the rail colours back then.

image.thumb.png.ab571605222f4f6d9a3a9afcd56e1fae.png

What is a substantial difference between the numbers back then (which are far more in line with the current stats from other tracks) and what the vast numbers are showing currently for Auckland.

image.png.f0c5fba50ab0c3fa54c792be998cc0f8.png

Mid 2015 to mid 2016 (1 year's time) - 47 rail contacts in 762 races (6.17% chance).

In 2023 (7 month's time) - 103 rail contacts in 559 races (18.43% chance).

Palmerston North, you're picking up on Auckland's bad habits.

It's documented that GRNZ changed the maximum distance from 8m to 10m for your track.

13m is a bit over the top don't you think?

I know it's a distance race but it's not the Silver Collar.

RIB - do your job.

image.thumb.png.cc99fe06922c70b2a6d1a8dfb57b5e70.png

15 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Palmerston North, you're picking up on Auckland's bad habits.

It's documented that GRNZ changed the maximum distance from 8m to 10m for your track.

13m is a bit over the top don't you think?

I know it's a distance race but it's not the Silver Collar.

RIB - do your job.

image.thumb.png.cc99fe06922c70b2a6d1a8dfb57b5e70.png

The third dog is chasing the dog in front of it not the lure.

No mention in the Stewards report of a long lure (+30% over maximum distance), not even close to the need for a judgement call.

image.png.57d2b6fcc1c8a0547849ea1e1adb4b35.png

Very odd coming from such a experienced Steward overseeing the meeting.

GRNZ in 2013

image.png.694dbd51cb05a1333b32ef3ab14e5f34.png

GRNZ in 2014

image.png.3e6019543e0cca88140236ac7f34476f.png

You'd think that after at least 10 years' experience in the industry, first in the governing body then in the enforcement body, you'd at least know the rules.

Not good enough.

• Like 2

On 31/07/2023 at 8:00 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Are you suggesting there are leaks within the RIB?

I received the information about the RIB's correspondence over a safety rail that has gone unanswered by GRZN through the same channel as I received this bit of information some time ago after I had asked for it.

"T Rodewald & Us Syndicate = T Rodewald, K Brady, D Hodson, P O’Dea"

Tap.jpg.f55830234d26711652e7f94071616c76.jpg

The place has been leaking for so long that there could be a small stream running out of it.

53 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I received the information about the RIB's correspondence over a safety rail that has gone unanswered by GRZN through the same channel as I received this bit of information some time ago after I had asked for it.

"T Rodewald & Us Syndicate = T Rodewald, K Brady, D Hodson, P O’Dea"

Tap.jpg.f55830234d26711652e7f94071616c76.jpg

The place has been leaking for so long that there could be a small stream running out of it.

Then post it.

So for a novice Greyhound follower can you explain what the problem is here?

I'm saying there is a serious problem with dogs striking the running rail in Auckland, that isn't nearly as prevalent at any other NZ tracks.

Auckland Q3 stats.

• 1 in 5 races a dog strikes the running rail.
  • 1 in 10 races a dog strikes the rail & sustains an injury requiring a stand-down.

image.png.c96e0a2c1ffabf256736bec549141e8e.png

All other track combined Q3 stats.

• 1 in 50 races a dog strikes the running rail.
  • 1 in 120 races a dog strikes the rail & sustains an injury requiring a stand-down.

What are you suggesting that could be changed to change what specific outcome?

I'm suggesting GRNZ do their objectives (and fix their website while they are at it - Objects/Objectives😐).

https://www.grnz.co.nz/about-nzgra/about-us.aspx

image.thumb.png.4bb126f474e496a00c1223b8cc1a7071.png

I've shown the Auckland track has a long history of dog striking the running rail with a high injury rate from doing so, merely by correlating data made available to the public on THEIR website.

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

I've shown the Auckland track has a long history of dog striking the running rail with a high injury rate from doing so, merely by correlating data made available to the public on THEIR website

But you corrupt your statistics by including rail strikes and injuries initiated by dogs causing interference.

You further corrupt those statistics by including rail strikes by dogs who strike the rails for no apparent reason including many who are not injured.

You also make the assumption that all dogs were injured by the rail I.e. you don't consider that dogs may have hit the rail because they had suffered an injury from interference or just racing.