Bit Of A Yarn

What's going on Auckland?

Yankiwi

25 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Dogs that don't make contact with the rail are not injured by it.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

But dogs that don't hit the rail get injured.  Does the dog that hits the rail get injured before, when or after it hits the rail?  

Could a dog that pulls a gracillus lose its balance and hit the rail?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Could a dog that pulls a gracillus lose its balance and hit the rail?

Of course it could.

If/when it does, I'll record it as a rail strike.

GRNZ dropped the ball and didn't protect the then injured dog from the rail like they claimed they were going to.

image.png

13 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

You're getting repetitive Charles.  Why don't you try waving a placade on course?

You keep asking the same sort of questions, I keep answering them the same way.

That's not repetitive, it's consistent, just like all the dogs making contact with the running rail in Auckland.

image.thumb.png.bf3f22a45c0438010f39d3340ccb066b.png

27 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

You keep asking the same sort of questions, I keep answering them the same way.

That's not repetitive, it's consistent, just like all the dogs making contact with the running rail in Auckland.

image.thumb.png.bf3f22a45c0438010f39d3340ccb066b.png

I'll keep pointing out your analysis is flawed.  You don't attempt to eliminate bias.  From my observation IF dogs are hitting the running rail it isn't the rail or the lure it is more likely the camber of the track or the way it is groomed.

To eliminate that you need to do an analysis on those dogs that had soft tissue injuries that DIDN'T hit the rail and compare with other tracks.

20 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Seems with what they posted yesterday, GRNZ agrees with what I've highlighted & plan (again) on implementing what they said they were going to undertake 9 years ago.

Funny that.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Quarterly Reports/Final GRNZ Quarterly Report 31 July 2023.pdf

image.png.fd34b564f663908443ffba1fa7853ef2.png

But a safety rail doesn't stop the dogs from hitting it - unless it is anti magnetic or the same polarity as the dogs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same dog twice in one race.

image.thumb.png.5fcbbafd2289d0d1351bc872814fb3c2.png

image.thumb.png.5ef0179f190e715532ba7eb420041607.png

Then this one slipped the eyes of the Steward.

image.thumb.png.41197148b2d96c8d5c67abd651866458.png

No surprises to why this then happened.

MY IDOL (5) - referred to the Veterinarian at trainers request for a left hind toe laceration with a 7 day incapacitation issued.

Edited by Yankiwi

• 1 month later...

With only 1 Sunday left in the month for racing in Auckland, I'm looking forward to seeing their new safety rail being installed to protect dog from making contact with the running rail. Afterall, GRNZ claimed to the Govt that it would be installed by late November.

image.png.2cc136649c302d7e5c50e4fefeefe160.png

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Quarterly Reports/Final GRNZ Quarterly Report 31 July 2023.pdf

4th Quarter.

image.thumb.png.0ec84b7446b80d7bbfb4bc7fa64d6bbd.png

Year to date.

image.thumb.png.81bbe6b5634f5acc4d30de1294304121.png

• 2 weeks later...

NEW ZEALAND AUCKLAND REGION5 Dec 2023

SAFE welcomes confirmation of end of greyhound racing at Manukau stadium

11:25 pm on 5 December 2023 

The inquiry will look into aspects of the racing and breeding of greyhounds.File pic Photo: Photosport

An animal rights group says it is delighted with the decision to remove the greyhound racing track from the Manukau Sports Bowl.

The Ōtara-Papatoetoe Local Board announced last Friday that a new athletics track will replace the greyhound track.

The local board said the change was part of a plan, aiming to guide the development of the stadium for the next 30 years.

Auckland Council's development arm Eke Panuku is working on a business case for funding to pay for the track, which will be constructed on the site of the greyhound track.

An aerial shot of the Manukau Sport Bowl velodrome that was used to host events at the 1990 Commonwealth Games.An aerial shot of the Manukau Sport Bowl velodrome that was used to host events at the 1990 Commonwealth Games. Photo: LDR / Stephen Forbes

The Save Animals from Exploitation group's (SAFE) campaigns manager, Anna de Roo, said it was a huge win for both animals and the community.

"This is just another indication that the social licence of greyhound racing has well and truly expired. From our political leaders at the debating table, to now our local communities, the sentiment of New Zealanders is clear: Greyhound racing's time is up.

"New Zealand is one of only a handful of countries to legally allow commercial dog racing. Here, the industry is enormously unpopular with 74 percent of New Zealanders saying they would vote to ban greyhound racing in a referendum," she said.

De Roo said 40 percent of greyhounds in the latest racing season were injured.

Meanwhile, Greyhound Racing New Zealand's chief operating officer Liz Whelan has acknowledged that the masterplan for the venue has been adopted.

However, Whelan said the implementation dates were yet to be confirmed.

She said negotiations were continuing between Auckland Greyhound Racing Club and Auckland Council.

The council said its leasing staff were working with the club on moving the racing away from the stadium to make possible the track's development.

10 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

De Roo must use the statistical analytical approach as @Yankiwi or will you write to RNZ and demand a retraction/correction @Yankiwi?

Not the first time RNZ has reported inaccuracies.

Sorry Chief, my initial focus was solely on rail contact, until you shifted that goalpost and brought the potential injuries from the contact into the equation, which I then widened the scope to suit your needs.

The RNZ debate is all yours.

Where's the safety rail?

Was first supposed to be installed 9 years ago.

Now more recently, was supposed to be installed by 2 weeks ago.

Asking for the #1 dog here.

Since welfare is paramount & underpins everything they do, why are they racing on the track after identifying that Auckland had the most urgent need for a safety rail?

Words are cheap coming from GRNZ & that's one of their biggest problems.

image.thumb.png.d2e5947b712cdeb22256f3a24015d33d.png