Bit Of A Yarn

HRNZ CEO Gary Woodham has serious medical event

5 hours ago, Gammalite said:

I do agree we were all sucked in regarding 'demanding' a Full society jabbing by governments, especially with something that doesn't work.

Not all of us were sucked in but, if another deadly virus hits town and the Government of the day advises us all to take some form of application will you and your family, without self investigation, willingly take whatever is being offered?

Or might you say, well actually I choose not to partake in your medical trial on this occasion?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, the galah said:

the national party also was fully supportive of the vaccine mandates and only called for the relaxation of mandate rules near the end.

Luxon wouldn't allow any of his party to even engage in dialogue with the beehive protesters.

Remember mick guerin going on the box seat and saying those who didn't take the vaccine didn't deserve to be on a racetrack and were not deserving of any respect.

even today, there are many other professions where there are major shortages,where the government would rather look overseas than have the local unvaccinated.

I think the National Party being fully supportive of the vaccine mandates is a sweeping statement.  I spoke and corresponded with many politicians during the Covid lockdowns (because I was unable to work within the racing industry) and I can guarantee not all of the individuals of the party were "fully supportive".  Like many others in the country a "no jab no job" policy applied.  Definitely coersion in my book.

To not allow MP's who are representing the people to talk to protestors showed a definite weakness, a thought I relayed in no uncertain terms.  David Seymour was the only sitting MP I could see who fronted those in Parliament grounds.  Whether you follow ACT or not, those actions would have done David no harm.

Good to see you reciprocating the lack of respect to Michael Guerin by calling him Mick, he hates that.

The overlooking of locals is the sickest and most damning action of the Government.  All political parties are screaming that we can't survive without an influx from overseas.  New Zealand is already a dumping ground for substandard people in all professions.  I'll get ready to be hit by a lightning bolt but, because citizens from poorer countries where racing is pretty average are willing to do almost anything to send money home to family we now employ the worst horse people in the world.  The sad thing is I know there are very capable experienced New Zealanders in most regions who are cast aside for cheaper labour.  When former greats of the industry talk of how riding standards are at an all time low yet they too take the cheap and nasty option, ask yourself!!

• Champ Post 2

10 hours ago, Special Agent said:

I didn't know Covid was still a thing?  Isolating for 5 days but your family can go to work and spread the deadly disease with only symptoms of a cold, maybe because it's not much more than a cold.

Ridiculous to have perfectly able bodied professionals still out of work, with inferior overseas workers taking their place.  Do employers not hire applicants because they haven't been vaccinated for herpes, shingles, tetanus, measles etc ?

You wouldn't be looking anywhere other than the unvaccinated if you were needing a blood product to keep yourself alive.

And the worse part is, those Doctors, Nurses, Teachers etc, were the cream of the crop. They were principled, courageous, strong and most of all, intelligent. The idiots running the show are replacing the best with the worst. I wouldn't trust doctors that we have out there now as far as I could kick them. They are worse than drug dealers and thats being kind.

2 hours ago, Special Agent said:

I think the National Party being fully supportive of the vaccine mandates is a sweeping statement.  I spoke and corresponded with many politicians during the Covid lockdowns (because I was unable to work within the racing industry) and I can guarantee not all of the individuals of the party were "fully supportive".  Like many others in the country a "no jab no job" policy applied.  Definitely coersion in my book.

To not allow MP's who are representing the people to talk to protestors showed a definite weakness, a thought I relayed in no uncertain terms.  David Seymour was the only sitting MP I could see who fronted those in Parliament grounds.  Whether you follow ACT or not, those actions would have done David no harm.

Good to see you reciprocating the lack of respect to Michael Guerin by calling him Mick, he hates that.

The overlooking of locals is the sickest and most damning action of the Government.  All political parties are screaming that we can't survive without an influx from overseas.  New Zealand is already a dumping ground for substandard people in all professions.  I'll get ready to be hit by a lightning bolt but, because citizens from poorer countries where racing is pretty average are willing to do almost anything to send money home to family we now employ the worst horse people in the world.  The sad thing is I know there are very capable experienced New Zealanders in most regions who are cast aside for cheaper labour.  When former greats of the industry talk of how riding standards are at an all time low yet they too take the cheap and nasty option, ask yourself!!

i think maureen pugh was the national MP who Luxon censored for simply saying she was engaged in dialogue with the protesters at the beehive.

The galloping industry does seem to employ a lot of people from overseas. So many industries do,obviously because they are mostly hard working and committed to working what are often long hours for just average reimbursement and stressful work environments. The rest home industry a classic example.

One thing which i think deserves more discussion than it gets is the amount of remittances that foreign workers send back home to there families overseas.

For example i just looked it up and in 2017 the world bank estimated $2,408,000,000(2 billion,408 million in words i think) was sent by people working in nz,back to countries overseas.They estimated,from data they had,that china got $624 million,india $341 million,australia $248m,uk 215,philippines 189m,samoa$65 m,south korea$63m,south africa $60,tonaga $55.m.

Yet nz only had about 1/5 of that coming in. Australia $228m,uk 21m,usa 12m and brunei $10 the highest 4 countries..

Those figures would have gone up significantly prior to the covid thing,and no doubt are on the way back up again now.

So all that money going out of the economy.Not being spent locally.

Oh well,i will get back to picking a winner for the weekend.

3 hours ago, Special Agent said:

Not all of us were sucked in but, if another deadly virus hits town and the Government of the day advises us all to take some form of application will you and your family, without self investigation, willingly take whatever is being offered?

Or might you say, well actually I choose not to partake in your medical trial on this occasion?

It's a tough call and a good question Special AK 47. Throughout life something always comes along where you might take the 'chance' that was is being offered to you , (medically) that is going to lead to the best health and safety of your family. 

Childhood vaccinations against nasty diseases , have dropped off in recent times as 'paranoia' sets in along the lines of the fear you guys have for your own health from covid vaccines. Therefore Whooping cough has become a problem again in the babies as vaccination rates drop below 90%. (any parent with a child contracting that disease and seeing the suffering , noise, death on occasion of the precious little life 'instantly regrets' Not getting the jab. 

My daughter was in  Very first year of QLD school released Meningococcal vaccine shots. a very nasty disease causing horrific deaths and suffering at one stage. same thing . a medical trial.  paranoia stops some from participating.  

You don't know what is in these things , (bit like food in a way)  some people react to them, (like Nuts for example) . Australia and Nz have High Standard public health and Safety 'rules' all through society . (roads, etc) better than most countries in the world , no matter how much people seem to hate their government (s) .  Surely , surely , surely we can have some trust/ faith they continue to pursue the Best scenario (s) for the health and safety of the nation ?

If everyone starts keeling over when the next Pandemic hits and a vaccine (that seems to work and prevent this) is available, YES i would vaccinate the family.

Edited by Gammalite

15 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Childhood vaccinations against nasty diseases , have dropped off in recent times as 'paranoia' sets in along the lines of the fear you guys have for your own health from covid vaccines.

That's generalising a bit.  Recently child vaccinations have dropped because of access and cost of primary medical care.  That access was further restricted by Covid mandates.

14 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

That's generalising a bit.  Recently child vaccinations have dropped because of access and cost of primary medical care.  That access was further restricted by Covid mandates.

Plenty of access In Australia anyway , it's nearly 100% because people are scared of the outcome to the child. The outcry against any Vaccination has taken off because of the fear of reaction to the shots. Forum reaction like I see here is high proof at how people are thinking about vaccination at present.

I agree with Special Agent that the time frame is no-where Near Enough to develope and impliment a vaccine program for these Covid strains and assess the results accurately. Therefore it is still running like a 'Trial' as he suggests ..you need around 10 years to get these things 'Safe' and 'proven' to work , when you have such a variety of customers. (population genetics) 

When i got tangled in the horrid HENDRA virus in Brisbane 1990's , and locked up for 3 days with dead horses at UQ pathology, I asked "Is there a Jab we can get so we don't die here ?" lol. the virus had just killed racehorse Trainer Vic Rail and some Vet staff. It took 15 years to develop the Vaccine , And then that was Just for the Horses !!!😄😉. There is still No vaccine available for the people !! quite incredible. Don't go anywhere near those F..king Flying Foxes. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Special Agent said:

So do you think those who believe Covid vaccines are dangerous for your health are still in the minority?

Reality is that most who believed the BS from Ardern and paid off media will not admit that they were so gullible.

Many I have spoken to will not have any more of the toxins and actually do totally regret having had the toxins injected.

Many have had bad side effects and also admit that they are getting more illnesses than they did previously.

This is the case as their immunity has been seriously compromised!

• Like 3

Brodie, I agree with all four points 100%.  Mainstream media is a joke and I wouldn't think viewership of TV1 or TV3 news would be strong. New Zealanders must be a weakened breed now with shot immune systems to the point where minor infections and viruses could be a serious problem to many.

Galah, I'm not so sure your comment regarding the National Party fully supporting vaccine mandates is factual as I believe National, ACT and the Maori Party voted against mandating the vaccines, all conveniently forgotten as time has moved on.  However, on your point regarding the amount of money being sent straight out of the country by overseas workers, this is something I have been trying to explain for a long time.  The idea that these people are bad for the racing industry, the economy and our country's wellbeing has been falling on deaf ears.  I get sick of hearing how New Zealanders do not want to work etc when in some cases they are not actually valued for their experience or paid what they are worth.  I love those figures you have provided as concrete evidence we should not be relying on workers from other countries and should be nurturing our home grown.  Charity begins at home.

Gammalite, I don't recall childhood vaccines being a big deal when I was young.  Not everyone was jabbed but, we all had measles, mumps, whooping cough, chicken pox at least.  I remember feeling really ill but, not for long and only once with each flavour.  Our immune systems were/are fine.  Mind you we didn't sit on our arse, eat junk food or hunch over a device.  We read books, magazines and newspapers, worked two or three jobs, played sport, were respectful to our elders, had a good time and lived life.  In my opinion there are too many pussies today, as the Covid Era proved.

Unfortunately there will be more serious medical events such as that suffered by Gary Woodham.  Any updates on his condition, hopefully on the mend.

Without trivialising what happened to Gary, aren't the terms of today crass.  How does heart attack become serious medical event?  It sounds like junior nurses are being taught how to find a vein and take blood on a Carry On episode.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

22 hours ago, aquaman said:

And the worse part is, those Doctors, Nurses, Teachers etc, were the cream of the crop. They were principled, courageous, strong and most of all, intelligent. The idiots running the show are replacing the best with the worst. I wouldn't trust doctors that we have out there now as far as I could kick them. They are worse than drug dealers and thats being kind.

Someone close to me has had first hand experience of the degradation of primary health care.  

Moving to a new region and requiring a new GP and Dentist they found the recommended best local practitioners were not taking on any new patients so they had to find whoever they could.

They end up with recent immigrants.  Now why would a qualified excellent practitioner come to a country where the pay is less and the relative cost of living is higher?

Bit like horse trainers - if you are good you go to Australia.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

They end up with recent immigrants.  Now why would a qualified excellent practitioner come to a country where the pay is less and the relative cost of living is higher?

Bit like horse trainers - if you are good you go to Australia

Jamie Richards a better one (trainer) , got the Hong Kong position, rather than Oz. 

Hey , but Graeme Rogerson 'went Back' to Nz , and trains Sharp N Smart to win derbies in both countries, AND races trotters too !!!  whatta absolute Gem of a man 🏆 champion . supporting Both codes in Both countries !! excellent.🏆

Mostly the decent nz trotting trainers (and gallops trainers seem loyal to you there Chief ? over decades.

Nathan P has gone back home to Nz too,  to join dad Mark . so with Milwood Nike and co is gunna be the best in the land soon training. so that's nice 🏆

One bloke who was decent Trainer there (with Lyell Creek amongst others) is now in Brisbane . . Tim Butt .

Why did he leave there I wonder ? Seemed on top of the world in Nz Training, with Cup class horses and that ?  nowadays Tim wins a few races on Tuesdays at Albion , with many slower 'country' races and less prizemoney, and doesn't race Any at all on Saturday nights Metro class better races. so is disappointing really.  

22 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Was that an easier or harder option than Metro Oz?

With Godolphin and Waller here , followed by Snowdens and Gai's it's a tough go in Sydney to win anything from them.

Here's Hong Kong ladder. John Size was an Aussie trainer and doing well there over the years. 

Jamie has 30 wins  so about same strike rate from half as many starters. 

Looks like wins are shared in proportion to starters ? so all pretty even really. 

Trainer Win 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total Runs Stakes Won
Trainers in Service                 win's              2nd            3rd                                                       starts                  stakes
J Size 60 52 52 51 36 502 $123,738,710
F C Lor 50 42 43 41 39 486 $100,163,465
P F Yiu 47 34 41 37 36 403 $83,033,740
A S Cruz 43 53 37 44 40 448 $111,928,213
C S Shum 42 56 41 40 46 419 $111,808,210
C Fownes 42 42 51 43 33 448 $66,070,620
K W Lui 42 37 30 43 35 387 $89,756,008
P C Ng 32 31 36 38 32 415 $47,877,505
K L Man 32 31 21 34 29 342 $69,142,200
D J Whyte 32 24 40 24 37 415 $41,172,125
D J Hall 30 37 30 24 39 359 $42,149,038
D A Hayes 30 25 47 39 46 432 $47,439,335
J Richards 30 21 16 20 15 256 $29,774,245
Edited by Gammalite

14 hours ago, Special Agent said:

Without trivialising what happened to Gary, aren't the terms of today crass.  How does heart attack become serious medical event?  It sounds like junior nurses are being taught how to find a vein and take blood on a Carry On episode.

heart attacks have always been called serious medical events haven't they?Certainly could be life changing for whoever had one and their families, if they survive it.

Edited by the galah

5 minutes ago, the galah said:

heart attacks have always been called serious medical events haven't they?Certainly could be life changing for whoever had one and their families, if they survive it.

Actually i would imagine it must be rather strange for someone  seeing people commenting on social media about your health issues. I find it that anyway. Everyone has different levels of empathy about all things,often based on whether they have seen the consequences first hand. 

Interesting my friend in  Canada developed heart problems out of nowhere 2 weeks after 1 st shot.  He went to the top cardiologist in Toronto who told him probably the vaccine responsible .  Cardiologist said he had never had so many young people in twenties, turning up with heart problems when previously as healthy as oxes.  All had had the vaccine.     Take it as you will, I had the 3 shots myself so wasn't anti but this is the sort of stuff that we didn't see reported over here.  If people heard from both sides they could make up their own minds to have or not have but that never seemed much of a choice.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 2

Ronaldo, that is a particularly sad situation and brave of the Canadian Cardiologist to make such comments.  New Zealanders really were railroaded into thinking they needed to be jabbed, not for their health but to continue working or be able to have coffee with friends.

It's interesting you say there was not a lot of choice.  To say "no" to the mRNA vaccine you'd likely have done a lot of reading and listening to non-mainstream media.  If you made any comment whilst non-vaccinated regarding how difficult and restricting life was, you were promptly told "well that was your choice to not be vaccinated" or things like this from a leading female jockey "people like you make me sick, you are holding the whole country back from getting back to normal".

Many, many, many Kiwis are now wishing their choice had not been pro-vaccine.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, paleface adios said:

didn't they have to put the jumper leads on to restart the engine

I think the first thing the ambulance crew do is put all those wires on you and do an ECG while ascertaining what the symptoms were. If the ecg shows you've got a blocked artery ,they get the big needle out and give you something to dissolve the clot that has caused the blockage.Obviously the sooner they get to you and can clear the blockage the better,as damage is done to heart muscle while you have a blockage.Sometimes they wait till they get to hospital to give you the treatment,sometimes they do it where ever they find you depending on how far away from the hospital you are.,because time is so important. 

They can give you aspirin sometimes. My wife always makes sure we carry a couple of aspirin where ever we go just in case.

I often wonder about people who live more than a few minutes away from emergency services.I suppose no one expects to have the likes of a heart attack,but shouldn't quick access to emergency services be a factor in where you chose to live as you get a bit older.After all,if you happen to have a heart attack,for many it can be a very life changing event.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2