Bit Of A Yarn

Keep it in the Dark - Justice? Article on the Informant.

Boxie

Don't know the guy at all (Curtin)  Sunrise..   But the part  posted about the R.I.U.  of his,      does need answering !!... What if Godber is not up to doing his job?   Maybe NOW is the time to let loose on them  and Quite Frankly, if they had of  been doing their work  and were capable this would have been nipped in the bud..Let's answer  Curtins points one by one , honestly and with passion shall we?

1 How was it formed...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cichlid said:

Let us see if there are any indiscretions with each and every one that works there.

Does the management have any untoward vendettas against any of the Codes?

Does the management have any personal vendettas against any individual?

Is management competent enough to make its own decisions?

Do you have the answers?

If so, I would be happy to read them.

Any fool can throw out inflammatory questions like that but not answer them. Is he not brave enough or does he expect people to know the answers? The problem with the article is that he presumes people can read his brain.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cichlid said:

Don't know the guy at all (Curtin)  Sunrise..   But the part  posted about the R.I.U.  of his,      does need answering !!... What if Godber is not up to doing his job?   Maybe NOW is the time to let loose on them  and Quite Frankly, if they had of  been doing their work  and were capable this would have been nipped in the bud..Let's answer  Curtins points one by one , honestly and with passion shall we?

1 How was it formed...?

No idea.

22 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Do you have the answers?

If so, I would be happy to read them.

Any fool can throw out inflammatory questions like that but not answer them. Is he not brave enough or does he expect people to know the answers? The problem with the article is that he presumes people can read his brain.

answer is sack the bloody lot of them

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I really dislike the article written by John Curtin.

I don't what its purpose is at the current time. If he waited until after the trials and verdicts then I could understand the salvos of ammunition he has fired off. 

The HRNZ and RIU are, I imagine, bound by police protocol so can't say too much so while there is a certain lack of public leadership of this issue at the moment I think it would be hard for anyone or any organisation to say too much. 

What gets me the most though is the forthright attack on the RIU and individuals (Mike Godber) in the article. Why is he putting hem on trial in the public arena? He is clearly being a hypocrite when he is so unconcerned by the actions of those involved in the investigation that has brought harness racing into disrepute.

I am not sure of the aim of the article other than to deflect attention and muddy the waters for public sympathy (I doubt the public even remember it happened)

The whole article is bordering on a rant. There is a time and place for opinion pieces but this one baffling, to say the least.

It's not "bordering" on a rant — it very definitely is one!

At times, he makes some reasonable points (e.g., we should be concerned about an 18 month operation to catch a few recreational drug users), but they're mixed in with plenty of fatuous ones as well (e.g., fixing of a 'few minor races' is no big deal) — there's just no quality control in his thought processes.

Plus his liberal use of exclamation marks reminds me of the old Phantom comics (Ghost who walks!!! Man who never dies!!!)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rangatira said:

can you help me with how this aligns with operation inca

The comments I quoted were made by Stephen hale in response to the article about operation inca.  They are on that website, underneath the article..It illustrated how he felt about the riu.  He obviously,rightly or wrongly, does not like the RIU. Maybe it relates to the cobalt charge he had??    He draws a connection, the riu, with his and the current cases.     I commented on his comments.

33 minutes ago, the galah said:

The comments I quoted were made by Stephen hale in response to the article about operation inca.  They are on that website, underneath the article..It illustrated how he felt about the riu.  He obviously,rightly or wrongly, does not like the RIU. Maybe it relates to the cobalt charge he had??    He draws a connection, the riu, with his and the current cases.     I commented on his comments.

so he has not been charged in relation to operation inca 

54 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

so he has not been charged in relation to operation inca 

Looking back at what I wrote it does appear It could be inferred I said that. Thanks for pointing that out. It seems I somehow dropped the words' by the riu in the past.  Will obviously have to re read what I write before posting. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Explain why, if you don't mind.

Here's one example it goes further than inconsistencies, it goes as far as polar opposites.

In the greyhound code not that long ago, a trainer in Chch had a bit of a meltdown & punched a hole in the wall after leaving the Steward room. He promptly paid for the repairs, yet the RIU charged him regardless (and fair enough).

That same week (I believe) in Wanganui, a trainer threatened to slit another trainers throat right in front of a Steward. No charges filed (or passing information forward to the police). I mean really?

A month or so after the events I questioned officials as to what the go was. The answer I received were that no charges were filed because the trainer that had received the threat didn't want to press charges.

Isn't the RIU aware that it's not a requirement for anyone to complain to them first, before enforcing the GRNZ rules? 

At least within the Greyhound code, in the RIU's eyes, it seems it's not what someone had done, it's who had done it.

7 hours ago, Dubbie said:

the riu is easly guided by whoever bullies m godber. why tf spend $300,000 chasing Kevin Morton over something  where k mortons comments easily shown to be correct. fukin bullshit

The RIU have list of such over zealous behaviour. 

But when one of there own they do the big cover up - Neal & other case . 

• Champ Post 1

Some comments on here really show up why Harness is in decline ,  you appear to have dirty cheating participants who have been in all aspects of their trade blatantly cheating for nothing more than sheer greed.

Yet a number of people are quite willing to defend them.

Shame on the ones who defend them.

10 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

Some comments on here really show up why Harness is in decline ,  you appear to have dirty cheating participants who have been in all aspects of their trade blatantly cheating for nothing more than sheer greed.

just to be clear you should name the ones that are defending them

1 hour ago, Arsenic said:

With regards to Operation Inca and now the attack on the RIU I will be quite happy to tie the noose myself when someone has been convicted, but what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Too many are treating all as guilty on hearsay without:

A. Knowing any of the facts 

B. Seeing any of the evidence

Disgraceful!

• Champ Post 2

52 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

41 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

just to be clear you should name the ones that are defending them

No one is defending the possible race fixing,but some have clearly minimized the drug use,supply aspect.

What I believe arsenic is getting at is the level of indignation expressed by many that the alleged corruption was even investigated. That is the overwhelming feeling I get when reading this and the other site.  The apparent rage towards  the riu and the police  is there for all to see in so many comments.

I can understand the greyhound folks,they are consistent. They believe certain matters and practices have not been investigated properly. But they are complaining,and always have,that the RIU should be more proactive.

Now compare that to the harness racing. Its plain to see on this and the other website and on sites like harnesslink,this scandal has been an opportunity for every man and his dog to put the boot into the RIU,. And why,because they saw possible corruption on a scale they knew they did not have the resources to properly investigate, and passed it onto the police.   Its utterly ridiculous. 

I don't buy this vile and hatred of the RIU  existed prior to the current case.  

Now you  get sites like harnesslink making personal attacks on the riu and harness racing leaders all to do with the current situation,settling on scores. Its a clear orchestrated campaign. And for all the wrong reasons.

Im with arsenic on this one,Its extremely disappointing to see .