Bit Of A Yarn

Waikato Track.

Mardy

I could fill you in on what's happened with the Cambridge track, but then Chief would be come barking at me for evidence or proof, which I would be unable to provide since the notification has dropped off GRNZ's home page.

Unfortunately, you can't get good information from GRNZ in a timely manner about many things.

Things like still suggesting you could approach Thayne Green as a public trainer on their "contacts" page -

https://www.grnz.co.nz/trainers/find-public-trainer.aspx

Even though they announced he was retiring after a race meeting 11 days ago.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News/3030/Hall-of-Famer-Thayne-Green-retiring-from-training

I know, I know, I'm very critical of the manner GRNZ runs the code and calling them out after only 11 days for not correcting their webpage is a bit overboard.

However, why is Lisa Waretini still listed on the "contacts" page as well? She's been disqualified for 15 months which started on 11 March 2023 or 2 1/2 months ago.

https://racingintegrityboard.org.nz/decisions/non-raceday-inquiry-written-reserved-decision-dated-23-february-2023-lisa-waretini/

33 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

However, why is Lisa Waretini still listed on the "contacts" page as well? She's been disqualified for 15 months which started on 11 March 2023 or 2 1/2 months ago.

Why not?  At least the media will know her number to follow up on any further allegations.

• 1 month later...
On 25/05/2023 at 11:25 AM, Mardy said:

I may be a bit behind on this topic,but was just wondering what's going on with their track,as i see all of their meetings lately have been run at Auckland.Is the track undergoing remedial work?.

If you're still interested in an answer on this subject @Mardy I've gathered the evidence Admin always seems to require from me. This video may be of some help to you to form your own decision about what's going on with the Waikato Track.

Race #11 from their 02/02/23 race meet.

This is the detailed report of the aftermath from it.

image.thumb.png.451bdcd3e81935f0d6ba0776d8d7a104.png

Surprisingly, they did try to run another race meet just three days later on 05/02/23 but were unable to complete it as well, after experiencing continuing difficulties, much to the detriment of the dogs competing there.

Seems the above post must have woken them up at HQ.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News/3059/Cambridge-Update-3-July-2023

Cambridge Update 3 July 2023

Hi everyone,

Sand blasting was completed yesterday, with the final painting and touch-ups to be completed in the first half of this week, weather permitting.

A track renovation has been booked in and confirmed for next Monday (10 July), including regrading of the track. This will be followed by the fitting and commissioning of the lure on Tuesday and training for the nominated drivers on Wednesday and Thursday. This training will be provided and overseen by Covey Engineering.

It is anticipated that trials will commence the following week, from Monday 17 July 2023.

Thank you to everyone for your patience, and we will be in touch with further updates again soon.

Thanks,
GRNZ

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/07/2023 at 8:23 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Did you miss the announcement on the remedial work?

Well since GRNZ had posted that announcement on their website an hour or two AFTER I had made my post on BOAY, it's not difficult to work out whether I had missed that one or not.

Quite odd, isn't it? Mardy asked a genuine question in May. GRNZ could have passed along the info or posted the information on their website in response to his question. But nope, just crickets. GRNZ doesn't visit BOAY to inform Mardy that'd be work & besides he isn't viewed as a threat to them.

I gave them over a month, they seemingly chose to ignore it.

So then in July, I created a post, including a short video clip of the race in question, which is no longer available on their website (they had removed overnight after the race meeting). They chose to roll the dice thinking by linking the wrong video to the race on their results page, no-one would ever notice & it'd be long forgotten. Well, someone knows the games they play & was ready for their time-tested reactionary move. Same organization, same tactics.

So yep, I poked the bear & it woke up. Shame it has to be that way.

Now which announcement was it that I may have missed?

Did they decide to take the spotlight off the NZ bred dog that isn't even racing in NZ any longer and announce what they are going to do to keep dogs that are still racing in NZ, that might not be quite the superstar Postman Pat is, off the running rail in Auckland for the next 9 years?

16 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Well since GRNZ had posted that announcement on their website an hour or two AFTER I had made my post on BOAY, it's not difficult to work out whether I had missed that one or not.

But you don't know when the decision was made to do the track remediation.  I suggest it was a lot earlier than July.  If that is the case then the only thing you can take credit for is the announcement NOT the decision.  As it was it was @Mardy that raised the point first.

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I suggest it was a lot earlier than July.

There was an announcement much earlier than May, which I referred to here.

On 25/05/2023 at 3:21 PM, Yankiwi said:

which I would be unable to provide since the notification has dropped off GRNZ's home page.

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

If that is the case then the only thing you can take credit for is the announcement NOT the decision.

The announcement that came out an hour or two after my BOAY post what I took credit for, as below.

4 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

So yep, I poked the bear & it woke up. Shame it has to be that way.

Why do you Chief have the need to challenge everything I say?

Do you simply want me to go away so the Greyhounds forum can go silent?

• 3 weeks later...

Cambridge back racing tomorrow.

Debut of the new lure.

image.thumb.png.a7af7c9be44fc71c77f9670316f4ac81.png

Hopefully it lives up to its name.

Here's where we were in 2023 prior to the track shut down there.

image.png.8317f5f9fa65af35633ad37fcf39fc19.png

I'm told that the new rail is yellow as it was previously.

image.thumb.png.fe50acc53f628b632abbc3c4fa89f7b7.png

This is something I believe AGRC & GRNZ should look seriously at. I clearly remember raising concerns about the Auckland rail many years ago when it was first painted blue.

Powers dismissed my concerns immediately. Said that's the colour they use in Australia as I recall. They knew best. They didn't need to consider my concerns. Auckland is where it is today with their stellar knowledge. I bow to those past powers.

Edited by Yankiwi

• 3 weeks later...

Seems there's more than the lure problem, which they've now fixed, at Cambridge as well.

image.thumb.png.a9a1cf5be7ded9c86f246ec58c4aadbe.png

2023 Q3

• Why is it that the North has a 17.65% chance of rail contact per race?
  • Why is it that the CD has a 5.06% chance of rail contact per race?
  • Why is it that the South has a 0.91% chance of rail contact per race?

There's got to be common denominators.

I know of at least one.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Which is?

Here's an obvious one.

Cambridge yesterday.

image.png.b1ad92b328ccce9270e7a40ccc8e1c54.png

Auckland last Sunday.

image.png.e74c8a937965b65d256d948b5ed8b978.png

However, I don't believe the discrepancy is a reporting issue.

With 16 suits now at headquarters, surely one of them is smart enough to investigate and get to the bottom of it.

Reminder ~ 9 months ago, an investigation was (supposedly) opened in Auckland.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2022/11/horror-day-of-greyhound-racing-ends-with-nine-dogs-injured.html

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Perhaps the dogs in the North are more metallic and are attracted to the rail.

Or being closer to the equator, they are effectively moving faster due to the rotation of Earth.

I've heard that several greyhounds in each race that compete in Ecuador make contact with the running rail.

Simply move all NZ greyhound tracks to Stewart Island, problem solved.

Edited by Yankiwi