Bit Of A Yarn

Has the new CEO of Albion Park left HRNZ a bit short of cash?

To be fair, Bit Of A Yarn in my unbiased opinion has far more going for it than that other site, that the intelligent posters were banned from!

There are still some posters that can post stuff worth debating but the site doesn’t have much grunt to it!

BOAY is run very well and we are allowed to post what we like in the main!

The other site tends to have some that like having luvfests with each other!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Brodie said:

To be fair, Bit Of A Yarn in my unbiased opinion has far more going for it than that other site, that the intelligent posters were banned from!

There are still some posters that can post stuff worth debating but the site doesn’t have much grunt to it!

BOAY is run very well and we are allowed to post what we like in the main!

The other site tends to have some that like having luvfests with each other!

Yep as far as I'm concerned the more robust the debate is about racing and sport the better. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Michael said:

As for Noodlum - prove it!

I don't need to as you admitted it at the time

Now you've deleted the old posts and trusted that people have forgotten with the passing of time

I actually don't delete anything.

What's your problem O'Brien?  Life's too short to be so grumpy forever!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Michael said:

As for Noodlum - prove it!

I don't need to as you admitted it at the time

Now you've deleted the old posts and trusted that people have forgotten with the passing of time

Michael, does it actually matter?

The country was subjected to so much BS for 6 years and you are worried about nothing?

Nothing wrong with healthy debate but lets try and make 2024 more a year of improvement for everything!

Christ as a Country we have been decimated by the last bunch of incompetents so heres to a far more successful year surely?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Nothing wrong with healthy debate but lets try and make 2024 more a year of improvement for everything!

Christ as a Country we have been decimated by the last bunch of incompetents so heres to a far more successful year surely?

Here here Brodster. New government in place so less drama I hope.

ALbion Park still going strong after Interdominion.

The Constellations carnival went well and Incentives are high for Qbred runners.

We have 3 yearling sales coming up , and found out today , anyone that buys one for more than $7,500 gets a $2000 Qbred refund ! just like that ... amazing. 

Also found out we had a trot for 3 and 4 year old trotters last Winter (called The Great Square) first running of the race. Mark Jones had Hot To Trot in it. the winner got $87 ,000 . amazing ! The winner was 'London To A Brick' . there is great QLD money to be made these days. 

as you might have seen Queensland Trotter NOT AS PROMISED , racing in the Nz Derby. And he had just won the Victoria Derby and Breeders Crown double in Victoria and only collected $80 k for both those wins combined. pretty poor for 2 x Group 1 wins.

We had a Slot race where the Barriers were auctioned off in advance ? The Hayden (after cricketer Matt Hayden lol)  so someone bought barrier One for $19,000 . (It ran 3rd) so they collect a portion of the proceeds. The winner Speak The Truth came from barrier 10 to win it.  he's a very nice QLD horse who ran 5th in the inaugural Eureka at Menangle in October too. But imagine 'buying' a barrier before the field is drawn lol. that's what they did truly !!😆😂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I actually don't delete anything.

What's your problem O'Brien?  Life's too short to be so grumpy forever!

I'm repeating myself because you can't seem to read

I'm not grumpy, I'm just sick of your sniping which generally adds nothing to any topic

This goes back to 2021 when JJ Flash and others caught you out posting as Noodlum and then lying through your teeth about it

This thread is an example, where I posted some predictions and you have tried to take a pot shot alleging that I hadn't put a timeframe on them

I did put a time frame in my post which you now realise but instead of saying that you're sorry and that you're a tosser you now prattle on about others being grumpy

Just admit it, you were wrong as my post did have a time frame in it

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

Michael, does it actually matter?

The country was subjected to so much BS for 6 years and you are worried about nothing?

You're just an idiot Brodie

7 hours ago, Michael said:

I'm repeating myself because you can't seem to read

I'm not grumpy, I'm just sick of your sniping which generally adds nothing to any topic

This goes back to 2021 when JJ Flash and others caught you out posting as Noodlum and then lying through your teeth about it

This thread is an example, where I posted some predictions and you have tried to take a pot shot alleging that I hadn't put a timeframe on them

I did put a time frame in my post which you now realise but instead of saying that you're sorry and that you're a tosser you now prattle on about others being grumpy

Just admit it, you were wrong as my post did have a time frame in it

To be fair Michael, dont really think you should be commenting about Honesty?

Turn over a new leaf for 2024 and behave yourself!

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

But some chance of getting off the mark in the next year or three.

Brodster would be alright . Slow and steady off the mark .

then would cruise around to the lead after he's see's this carnage up ahead from these fine BOAY competitor's  . (tightening from the Galah or Mikey i suspect )

Chief caught up in the trouble too 😂. nothing unusual there 🤣 

and Brodie taketh home the spoils  🏆

r0_59_2953_1850_w1200_h678_fmax.thumb.jpg.9789427dbbeacb7e795b6c7d82592884.jpg

• Champ Post 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

I think you haven't been as fair minded as you normally are brodie with that comment and he should always continue to say whatever he thinks.

Edited by the galah

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I think you haven't been as fair minded as you normally are brodie with that comment and he should always continue to say whatever he thinks.

Lol Brodie is always fair to his mind!

Chief runs this site and allows everyone to participate with their thoughts!

My point would be that he should not be questioning the honesty and integrity of the founder of BOAY!

Just like I wouldnt like anyone questioning honest Brodie’s integrity!

• Champ Post 1

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

My point would be that he should not be questioning the honesty and integrity of the founder of BOAY!

Bullshit Brodie, that wasn't the point you were trying to make

Don't be a weasel

I have no problem with honesty Brodie

Perhaps a problem with thinking I was more clever than some

I take it from your post that you know that the Chief isn't being honest about posting as Noodlum and then lying about it

You're an intelligent idiot

Edited by Michael

12 hours ago, the galah said:

Thanks Galah, but used to it

It's Brodie and the Chief's modus operandi when they are running out of ideas

18 minutes ago, Michael said:

Don't be a weasel

I take it from your post that you know that the Chief isn't being honest about posting as Noodlum and then lying about it

Let it go Michael.  I haven't lied about anything on BOAY.  Happy to compare records.

4 hours ago, Michael said:

Don't be a weasel

Michael, you are being rather childish, take a deep breath and just relax!

You called me an idiot and now a Weasel?

It is very hurtful, might cause me to have MH issues if you continue to hurl abuse at “The Brodster”,

I know you have no problem with honesty, you can be known as Honest Michael?

To be fair, I got no idea what you are in about with Chief posting as Noodlum?

Is there a policy on BOAY that we can have only one non-de-plume?

Can you swear that you have always used Michael?

14 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

download (2).jpeg

The Real 'Weasel' is in at Redcliffe shortly racing today race 3 . Nearly the lowest assessed Pacer racing in Australia at national rated 30,  as finished in back half of the field for the entirity of last season. somehow he staggered into 3rd last week ,  and get this  >>>>>>>>

He was foaled in 2006  .!!😳  so today will be race-start number 436. 😳   

1 77763 WEASEL NZ  John Kerr   John Kerr   NR30 B5  FR1

$51

Edited by Gammalite

3 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

The Real 'Weasel' is in at Redcliffe shortly racing today race 3 . Nearly the lowest assessed Pacer racing in Australia at national rated 30,  as finished in back half of the field for the entirity of last season. and get this !! >>>>>>>>

He was foaled in 2006  .!!😳  so today will be race-start number 436. 😳   

1 77763 WEASEL NZ  John Kerr   John Kerr   NR30 B5  FR1

$51

Surely Grimson would have it competitive on the Grand Circuit.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Surely Grimson would have it competitive on the Grand Circuit.

That man can do wonders but 'Weasel' probably Not on his shopping list. 😆

He has picked up HOT And TREACHEROUS though , a fine NZ and QLD performer....

so look out for Big things in the Grand Circuit this year.  .

'Hottie' lost form during a hard Interdominion Campaign in Brissy for a local trainer here , so is off to the 'GRIMSON rocket' yard now to get a Tune-up and added thrusters ..... I expect BIG things . should be A way better/faster horse than Swayzee on his day ? 

Swayzee won our big QLD championship $400k Group 1 race last winter (so maybe not quite as good as Swayzee yet)  but Leap To Fame was 2nd in that , and HoTandTreacherous 3rd ......

so look out 'Grand Circuit' . A Swayzee / Hot and T/ Hi MynameisJeff trifecta is Looming !!! 🚀🚀🚀 

• Like 2