• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Thanks, maybe iPhone issue 
    • Yeah.    I had a runner in an open 1000 last year at Riccarton, he won in 58.6, home 33.5....Heavy 8.   Really? It's not really possible to take their readings at face value.  
    • Reigning 2-year-old champion male and Florida Derby (G1) winner Fierceness is favored in early wagering for the May 4 Kentucky Derby (G1).View the full article
    • Murray Bridge trainer John Peacock has taken horses to the Northern Territory for the past 28 years. He is currently based in Alice Springs before leaving for the Top End for the Darwin Cup Carnival. Picture: Caroline Camilleri (Fotofinish Racepix) He is back in Alice Springs, but unfortunately, Murray Bridge trainer John Peacock missed the recent Cup Carnival. Changes were made to the 2024 Carnival with Cup Day drawing the curtain on the five-day program on April 7. Cup Day was traditionally the first Monday in May before the Alice Springs Turf Club switched the biggest day of the year to the first Sunday in May in 2020. “Honestly, I wasn’t aware the Carnival had been brought forward until after Christmas,” he said. “I look forward to coming to the Territory each year, but my horses don’t come back into work until late January or early February. “It’s unlikely I would have had horses ready by March as I normally race horses in Alice Springs at this time of year before heading to Darwin. “I was surprised the format changed, I’m not sure if I’ll be at the Carnival next year as I’ve had the same routine for the past 28 years. “I would have to drive to Alice Springs and then return to Murray Bridge before heading back to Darwin. “I’m told changes to the Carnival were mooted last year and that it wasn’t a popular decision – and that there weren’t too many interstate horses.” Peacock, 76, who has tasted success in the NT with Flying Tormenta, Senior Council, Samalidan, Mine Craft and Calabisca, made a winning start back at Pioneer Park on April 20 with four-year-old mare Step Forward. Step Forward, Cherry Stem, Star Of Monsoon and the impressive Super Famous are on deck come Sunday. Super Famous, a narrow third in open company over 1100m two weeks ago, boasts an outstanding record in the NT over the short course and faces 0-64 opposition over 1100m. The son of Super One has had 10 starts in Alice Springs for two wins and three minor placings, while in Darwin it’s 12 starts for four wins and six minor placings. “They should all be competitive this week, especially Step Forward, but Super Famous is the one to watch,” Peacock said. “In March, he finished fourth at Adelaide over 1250m and was then galloped on at Morphettville over 1200m three weeks later when 12th. “He had two weeks in the paddock healing his leg up, so his first up run in Alice was pretty good and he’ll be a lot fitter on Sunday. “The Pioneer Sprint normally takes place this weekend – he would have been combative had the Carnival schedule remained the same.” Peacock leaves for Darwin on Tuesday, but while in Alice Springs, he has had the opportunity to catch up with friends and play golf. “I enjoy coming to the Territory, and it’s good to race here in Alice before heading to Darwin,” he said. “I will keep making the trip for as long as I can, it was nice to pick up some prizemoney the other day.” Heroic Spirit, a four-year-old gelding – placed twice in four Darwin starts last year – and Pharma Boom, a three-year-old filly, complete Peacock’s team. Horse racing news View the full article
    • Uncover an array of captivating racing promotions from horse racing bookmakers on Saturday, May 4. Immerse yourself in the thrill with generous bonus back offers, elevating your betting experience. Delve into these promotions provided by top horse racing bookmakers to enrich your betting prospects. The top Australian racing promotions for May 4, 2024, include: Today’s best horse racing promotions Eagle Farm All Races – Same Race Multi 3+ Leg Bonus Back If 1 Leg Fails Up To $50 Place a 3+ leg Same Race Multi bet on any race at Eagle Farm this Saturday and if 1 leg of your multi fails, get up to $50 back in Bonus Cash. Available from approximately 8:30am local track time on race day. Neds Terms and Conditions apply. Login to Neds to Claim Promo Newmarket (UK) All Races – Same Race Multi 3+ Leg Bonus Back If 1 Leg Fails Up To $50 Place a 3+ leg Same Race Multi bet on any race at Newmarket (UK) this Saturday and if 1 leg of your multi fails, get up to $50 back in Bonus Cash. Market available from approximately 8:30am local track time on race day. Neds T&Cs apply. Login to Neds to Claim Promo Caulfield & Hawkesbury Races 1-6 | Run 2nd or 3rd Bonus Back Get your stake back in bonus bets. Limits apply. PlayUp T&Cs apply. Login to PlayUp to Claim Promo Hotbet Eagle Farm Race 9 – Either Kintyre, Ducasse, Razors or Press Link To Win @ $2.50 Max bet $25. No multis, bonus bets or boosts. PlayUp T&Cs Apply. Login to PlayUp to Claim Promo Odds Drift Protector If the price at the jump is bigger than the price that you took, we will pay you out at the bigger odds Eligible customers. T&C’s apply. Login to Bet365 to Claim Promo Place A 4 Leg Multi, If One Leg Fails, Bonus Back Up To $50 Applies to your first eligible 4+ leg multi each day. Paid in bonus cash. Must use available balance. T&C’s apply. Login to PickleBet to Claim Promo Caulfield – 25% Boosted Winnings Max bonus $250. First fixed win bet only. Paid in bonus cash. Picklebet T&Cs apply. Login to PickleBet to Claim Promo BoomBet Daily Race Returns Use your daily Race Returns to back a runner in ANY RACE you want* and if your horse doesn’t win but finishes in the specified positions, you get your stake back as a bonus bet. 18+ Gamble responsibly. Can be used across any race and code unless specified in customer’s BoomBox. Fix odds, win bets only. Max bonus $50. Login to BoomBet to Claim Promo Daily Trifecta Boosts Boost your winnings on Trifectas by 10% with new Daily Trifecta Boosts. Thoroughbreds only. T&Cs apply. Login to UniBet to Claim Promo Saturday Bonus Back 2nd or 3rd in R1-4 at 5 Metro Meetings Morphettville, Hawkesbury, Caulfield, Eagle Farm & Ascot. Auto-applied in Bet Slip. Limits apply. Min 6 runners. Fixed odds only. T&Cs apply. Login to UniBet to Claim Promo How does horsebetting.com.au source its racing bonus offers? HorseBetting.com.au meticulously evaluates premier Australian horse racing bookmakers, unveiling exclusive thoroughbred bonus promotions for May 4, 2024. These consistent offers highlight the commitment of top horse racing bookmakers. In the world of horse racing betting, if one bookmaker isn’t running a promotion, another is. HorseBetting.com.au is your ultimate resource for daily lucrative horse racing bookmaker bonuses. Gain value with competitive odds and exclusive promotions for existing customers. Access these offers by logging in to each online bookmaker’s platform. For race and horse insights to optimise your bonus bets, rely on HorseBetting’s daily free racing tips. More horse racing promotions View the full article
  • Topics