• 2.3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Nothing wrong with my riding record, squire. Ridden some very nice fillies both on and off the track. Regarding woman jockeys, they weren't a threat in my day as the males were dominant... and better but I did enjoy riding against them as they made good (bunny) pacemakers in staying races !
    • It is all good, Entain have the answer to improve the racing, turnover and amount of horses racing, that no one else came up with! It is just Brilliant! Programme more races!! Just has to work doesnt it?
    • Yes only bet fixed, Doomed. Havent bet tote since fixed odds came in on racing, snd would never bet tote ever again. Not sure about tote paying more but they certainly wouldn’t  if I had a tote bet, with amount in the tote pool I bet into, I would only get my money back! No, don’t back shorties ever, surefire way to be a losing punter! No, don’t back $30 fixed odds win bets either! Lol        
    • Last Saturday, all eyes were on Doomben for the first Group 1 of the Queensland Racing Carnival, while Flemington and Scone held strong support programs. We have found three runners from those meetings that are worth following after producing strong performances in defeat. You can add these horses to your blackbook so you can follow them next up. Doomben Track rating: Soft 7 Rail position: True entire circuit Race 5: Listed Members’ Handicap (1600m) | Time: 1:37.84 Horse to follow: Knight’s Choice (2nd) Although Knight’s Choice was convincingly beaten by Gringotts in the Listed Members’ Handicap, the John Symons & Sheila Laxon-trained gelding was first-up off a five-month break. With the benefit of two trials before Saturday’s start, the son of Extreme Choice finished off nicely to record his first placing when fresh for his career. It is expected that the stable will look to give him another run over 1600m or 1800m before targeting a 2000m race third-up. When to bet: The Group 3 Lord Mayor’s Cup over 1800m at Eagle Farm on June 1 will be a good race for the Symons & Laxon barn to target, but if Knight’s Choice don’t get into that race, the stable could opt for the Benchmark 85 Handicap over 1600m on the same day. Either way, this is a horse to follow throughout the Queensland Racing Carnival. Flemington Track rating: Soft 7 Rail position: +4m entire circuit Race 4: 3YO Handicap (1400m) | Time: 1:24.03 Horse to follow: Modown (5th) Modown was a hard watch for backers, as Damian Lane was made to settle in behind traffic and wait until the 200m mark before eventually getting clear running room. The son of Toronado went to make his run inside the final 200m but was then blocked by the 100m mark and went over the line hard held. If he had found clear air, there is little doubt he would have been fighting out the finish. When to bet: Littlefield and her team will be seeking to find a similar race over 1400m, and if Modown gets even luck, he should be winning next time out. Race 7: Listed Straight Six (1200m) | Time: 1:10.64 Horse to follow: Poison Chalice (4th) With a slashing run from the back of the field, Poison Chalice recorded the fourth-fastest last 400m (23.07) and the sixth-fastest last 200m (11.98) sections of the entire Flemington meeting. Considering the son of Savabeel has never won at 1200m and it was his first race down the Flemington straight, his performance was much better than it might appear at first glance. When to bet: Trainer Paul Preusker has stated that Poison Chalice is on a Winter Championship path, which would mean he’d have to contest and run well in a heat. The Benchmark 84 Handicap over 1400m on June 8 at Flemington looks to be the ideal race for him to earn his way into the Winter Championship Series Final on July 6. Top horse racing sites for blackbook features Horse racing tips View the full article
  • Topics