• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• I saw it as the inside dog (#7) was having a go for three strides at the middle dog (#6), while at the same time the #8 was closing down towards the rail for the corner. This grab is the final time the #7 attempted to mar. Even in the side view, if you slow down the video replay down to 1/4 speed, it become fairly obvious, unless you're a blind/inept Steward. The head-on might be telltale if it wasn't censored.
    • Went and grabbed a book and a beer at Riccarton when I got there yesterday. Sat down and opened the book. Colours were printed in black and white which is about as much use as tits on a bull. I hadn't thought to bring my colouring in pencils to amuse me between races either. Looks cheap and why on earth not leave them out all together if you can't afford to print them in colour?
    • Race 5 CAMPBELL INFRASTRUCTURE ROTORUA CUP 2200 (Listed Race) THE FEARLESS ONE (C Grylls) – Trainer Mr. R Patterson reported to Stewards, THE FEARLESS ONE has now been retired from racing. Race 7 ROTORUA ITM STAKES 1400 (G3) I’MUNSTOPPABLE (S Spratt) – Co-trainer Mr. A Scott advised Stewards, the stable was satisfied with the post-race condition of I’MUNSTOPPABLE, however, has now been sent for a spell. The post Racing Rotorua, Saturday, 11 May 2024 appeared first on RIB. View the full article
    • It didn't actually.  The gambling dollar spent increased and there was very little  scavenging that occurred.  However unlike Lotto and Pokies Racing started closeing down community outlets and facilities.  Increasingly legislative changes were bought in to favour the big breeder (not the little breeder) and racing itself was skewed towards that sector in terms of handicapping.  It became increasingly hard to keep a good slightly above average gelding in work and the quality of our racing suffered.  The days of Grey Way and Copper Belt etc were lost not because of Lotto or Pokies but descisions made by industry administrators. 
    • Race 2 A B ELECTRICAL LTD 2YO 1200m PLEASING (L Allpress) – Trainer Mr. M Breslin advised Stewards, that on Monday 13 May, PLEASING underwent a veterinary examination which included blood test with no abnormalities being detected. M Breslin further advised it is his intention to continue on with the filly’s current preparation. The post Taranaki Racing Inc at Pukekura Raceway, New Plymouth, Saturday, 11 May 2024 appeared first on RIB. View the full article
  • Topics