Bit Of A Yarn

Rachmaninov? - Why?

Brodie

With respect to Trevor Grant, not too sure why he is lining Rachmaninov up on Friday night.

We all know that the horse always tries as hard as he can every week but to be fair he is hardly short of racing to get him fully fit!

He goes around most weeks and yes I know that it is the owners right to line the horse up!

However, on paper Rachmaninov is going to have absolutely no chance of being in the money as his ability nowadays is nowhere anywhere near as good as any of the other 7 starters!

In fact he is a whopping 27 points lower than Spy Da Moment who is in career best form and assessed at 62 whereas Rachmaninov is as low as you can be at 35!!!!!

Soy Da Moment is the next loosest assessed hores in the field.

Rachmaninov also carded to start in a 35-40 class trot on Sunday at Rangiora where he obviously going to be far more competitive.

Racing can always turn up upsets as we know but there is no way on earth that Rachmaninov is going to be competitive on Friday night against its opposition, so personally can not see why you would be lining it up when it is in on Sunday???

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

With respect to Trevor Grant, not too sure why he is lining Rachmaninov up on Friday night.

We all know that the horse always tries as hard as he can every week but to be fair he is hardly short of racing to get him fully fit!

He goes around most weeks and yes I know that it is the owners right to line the horse up!

However, on paper Rachmaninov is going to have absolutely no chance of being in the money as his ability nowadays is nowhere anywhere near as good as any of the other 7 starters!

In fact he is a whopping 27 points lower than Spy Da Moment who is in career best form and assessed at 62 whereas Rachmaninov is as low as you can be at 35!!!!!

Soy Da Moment is the next loosest assessed hores in the field.

Rachmaninov also carded to start in a 35-40 class trot on Sunday at Rangiora where he obviously going to be far more competitive.

Racing can always turn up upsets as we know but there is no way on earth that Rachmaninov is going to be competitive on Friday night against its opposition, so personally can not see why you would be lining it up when it is in on Sunday???

Will get $437.50 just for running,so you would guess its just for the last placed prizemoney.Hes done it a few times before.I guess it helps pay the bills, must be how he sees it.

Edited by the galah

12 minutes ago, the galah said:

Will get $437.50 just for running,so you would guess its just for the last placed prizemoney.Hes done it a few times before.I guess it helps pay the bills, must be how he sees it.

I see hes earnt  $2500 from running against muscle mountain in 3 group races since 2022.I don't know whether he had to pay nomination fees to start in those races or not.

I appreciate it that it is a “free for” however it is not in harness racing best interests!

if it is a out getting money for running last, then why dont non winning horses make up the rest of the field and get the over $437 for just lining up?

Surely Trevor doesn’t think the horse is competitive in that field, surely he is taking the piss??

The racebook comment says he will be looking for shortcuts!!!

He will be needing far more than shortcuts,  maybe across the centre of the track!

Hope Rachmaninov goes a good race but the Club should just hand Trevor the $437.50 when he gets onto the track?

13 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

The gallops are worse a horse last week got $1,500 for pulling up.

Does this set a precedent for Addington in the future if they are allowed to start in a race just to pick up the also ran money?

Surely it needs to be monitored better?

Clearly Trevor is playing by the rules as it is a “free For All” so entitled to start.

It is only an eight  horse field so you would hope that you arent following him on the home bend as Rachmaninov has not won a race on Addington in 116 starts and that aint going to change Friday night!

Not putting the horse down as he has been a very honest toiler it is just that he is not competitive in that class by a long way unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I appreciate it that it is a “free for” however it is not in harness racing best interests!

Better than if I rocked up in the Turbo Terrific. Although I know I can't. Probably cos I am unlicensed.

Cheers Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect.jpg

Edited by Rangatira

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

if it is a out getting money for running last, then why dont non winning horses make up the rest of the field and get the over $437 for just lining up?

Surely Trevor doesn’t think the horse is competitive in that field, surely he is taking the piss??

The racebook comment says he will be looking for shortcuts!!!

He will be needing far more than shortcuts,  maybe across the centre of the track!

Hope Rachmaninov goes a good race but the Club should just hand Trevor the $437.50 when he gets onto the track?

437.50 probably buys  a lot of chaff.

• Haha 1

the tab bookies have the horse rated a $51 shot to win. That just shows how poor the bookies can be sometimes.Truly one of the stupidest prices ever. If it was paying $200 for a place,it would be paying under its realistic dividend.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, the galah said:

the tab bookies have the horse rated a $51 shot to win. That just shows how poor the bookies can be sometimes.Truly one of the stupidest prices ever. If it was paying $200 for a place,it would be paying under its realistic dividend.

Yeah $51 is just ridiculously low.

Tab should open up a book on where it will finish in the race!

Speaking of that, has the NZ TAB got rid of the harness HEAD To HEADS again?

Gallops are still getting them continuously but not harness, for some reason????!

51 minutes ago, the galah said:

If it was paying that for a place then something else in the chaff would be handy.

On 4/09/2023 at 12:16 PM, Harewood said:

Looks to have a worthy replacment in George Elliot when the big Rac retires

Think George Elliot will turn out better. His last run for 2nd was huge, if not pushed wider last turn probably wins. Rachmanicov just a good grinder

3 hours ago, Kakama said:

Think George Elliot will turn out better. His last run for 2nd was huge, if not pushed wider last turn probably wins. Rachmanicov just a good grinder

George Eliot is actually a filly.

George Eliot was a pen name for a novelist way back in the 1800’s.

not sure what is going on when owners name their male horses with female names, but there is too much of this LGBTQRS and goats stuff going on nowadays!!

Why would you name a male horse, Granny Rose?

There are others as well, world gone crazy!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

George Eliot is actually a filly.

George Eliot was a pen name for a novelist way back in the 1800’s.

not sure what is going on when owners name their male horses with female names, but there is too much of this LGBTQRS and goats stuff going on nowadays!!

Why would you name a male horse, Granny Rose?

There are others as well, world gone crazy!

Fair enough, still handy horse

• Like 2