Bit Of A Yarn

Chief, any truth in the rumour

hesi

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

oh for heaven's sake.. is this still going on?   

You guys need to get a life outside of chat forums ... 

Maybe so Maria, but the simple fact is, a racing chat site needs people chatting about racing, and the more there are chatting, it attracts others to chat.

Nobody chats and you can't really call it a chat site

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Maybe so Maria, but the simple fact is, a racing chat site needs people chatting about racing, and the more there are chatting, it attracts others to chat.

Nobody chats and you can't really call it a chat site

Its funny what a bit of competition does to people, Scooby has a very, Long Brown tongue nowadays to the people left on R.C when talking to them....but you can see being nice to people doesn't come naturally to him.... probably one of his biggest drawcards and contributors( love him or hate him) giving him the bird and leaving R.C is a telling factor. But I guess Scrooge changed his ways so there is hope for everyone! ....cue tui's ad

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chestnut said:

oh for heaven's sake.. is this still going on?   

You guys need to get a life outside of chat forums ... 

Your just saying that because your still involved in the dark side. Good on you, but some of us have been harshly treated previously, so you can understand the rivalry. Its health fun, just see it as a nz vrs aus thing

8 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Its funny what a bit of competition does to people, Scooby has a very, Long Brown tongue nowadays to the people left on R.C when talking to them....but you can see being nice to people doesn't come naturally to him.... probably one of his biggest drawcards and contributors( love him or hate him) giving him the bird and leaving R.C is a telling factor. But I guess Scrooge changed his ways so there is hope for everyone! ....cue tui's ad

I think Scoobs just doesnt understand the racing site scenario too well. For a start, most  posters that he excluded, have turned up here. And most, including myself, liked to have their say. Then their is Leo, people either loved him or hated him, but i bet since he has gone, far less people, especially his mates, log in to see the outlandish, rude, agressive remarks he makes. Dont get me wrong, these chat sites need the outlandish types, otherwise it goes stale and people move on. This is what is happening at RC, and my remarks here are not being nasty to scoobs, its just the truth. Most of the ones he banned, was because he protected Leo, but now his mate told him to get stuffed, whats left? A few on harness section, which with the help of scoobs posting, manages to bumble along. He has his trip comp, with so many new posters, or posters that never post anything else, then he has the main gallop thread, which is now a shadow of its old self. 

Its a shame, 

• Like 4

Agree with Barry & newie....I remember my keyboard battles with LJM.....couldn't wait to get on and see his response...quite liked the battles...just wasn't fair when I was constantly silenced...while others had their say....that aint a forum.

Do agree....without Molloy its looking bloody boring....I used to glance over there every day....now I hardly look.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

... Most of the ones he banned, was because he protected Leo, but now his mate told him to get stuffed, whats left? .... 

... I don't follow the politics so didn't realise this is what happened.  No real surprise.  I always think when I see these dominant, vitriolic  types - with their loyal coteries - that it will only be a matter of time until that central character turns his acid-tongue on those closest to him.  

A sad lesson for Scoobs perhaps ....  

• Like 1

My previous observation made - I'm not too interested in engaging in a p#ssing comp with the alternate site ... just hope this forum continues to be well run & well patronised by humorous, informed & passionate racing people. 

If uber-egos and misogyny can also be discarded - I will be even happier. 

I participated in some excellent & fun discourse at the old place & even miss some of the folks there.  But I was over the nastiness from a minority few & the playing favorites (deleting posts/unjustified criticism by moderators/banning posters) which went on as a result of misplaced loyalty.  I wouldn't go to a bar or cafe to hang out with "real people" who carried on like that & I decided I could do without it online as well.  So I no longer post there and visit rarely.  

I am grateful to have an alternate site to inhabit.  Onwards & upwards everyone.

Edited by jess
  • Like 6
  • Champ Post 1

4 minutes ago, jess said:

That observation made - I'm not too interested in engaging in a p#ssing comp with the alternate site ... just hope this forum continues to be well run & well patronised by humorous, informed & passionate racing people

If uber-egos and misogyny can also be discarded - I will be even happier. 

I participated in some excellent & fun discourse at the old place & even miss some of the folks there.  But I was over the nastiness from a minority few & the playing favorites (deleting posts/unjustified criticism by moderators/banning posters) which went on as a result of misplaced loyalty.  I wouldn't go to a bar or cafe to hang out with "real people" who carried on like that & I decided I could do without it online as well.  So I no longer post there and visit rarely.  

I am grateful to have an alternate site to inhabit.  Onwards & upwards everyone.

Just think of it as a bit of balance to counter the bs propaganda about Premier racing community etc etc

To be honest, the Chief took away the Users Online link, because for quite a long while the comparative data was depressing reading, like about 10-12%.  Now it is starting to look really good,(and I'm letting people know that) so I'm picking it won't be long before he puts it back.

And to all those that think this comparative stuff is somewhat frivolous, online users posting their opinions is the lifeblood of a chat site, without it, you can't just be a news and comps site

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hesi said:

Just think of it as a bit of balance to counter the bs propaganda about Premier racing community etc etc

Fair enough Hesi ... and I'm ok with you guys giving yourselves a well-deserved pat on the back too. 

Generally most of us can sniff out propaganda though & work out those who merit retaliation / response - and those who are better ignored while we go about our own business.  

Thanks for your work here Hesi. 

Edited by jess
  • Like 2

Just another point to back up what I am saying.

When RC was being run like a kangaroo court, you all had Racechat as an alternative

Why didn't people go there(I realise a small number on here belonged)

Because it was the same small handful of people posting their views, and one person starting most of the threads..........no disrespect to any of those people

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kakama said:

Agree with Barry & newie....I remember my keyboard battles with LJM.....couldn't wait to get on and see his response...quite liked the battles...just wasn't fair when I was constantly silenced...while others had their say....that aint a forum.

Do agree....without Molloy its looking bloody boring....I used to glance over there every day....now I hardly look.

That picture, was the last straw, and you did warn me you would get the red card, I didn't think it was that bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shad said:

That picture, was the last straw, and you did warn me you would get the red card, I didn't think it was that bad.

Yeah, was ready to go so did wind him up a bit....easily took the bait....quite enjoy not getting told off every time I posted...funny that he is back. The serve Leo gave scoobs recently....yet he weakly invites him back. Makes ya laff..

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Dont worry, scoobs rung leo and said he didnt mind him calling him all those bad names and telling him where to go. He begged and begged, ans what do you know, he is back ???. Oh deary me. Poor old Ohakaman copping a bit now, poor Wolfman is now a niller!! Ha Ha

Not a word I was familiar with until just now, has a great ring to it

A wonderful person, with a negative IQ.
"Hey mom! I failed my maths test." 
"Omg you're such a Niller."
  • Haha 2