Bit Of A Yarn

5 wins for W house

the galah

Wilson house almost had the perfect day today. 5 wins and 1 second from 6 drives.

Only beaten a nose in the race he ran second.

The michael house runners banking over $33,000.

Thats an outstanding days results for the house team.

They seem to be able to travel and all the horses arrive on the track happy and healthy.

Tactically w house made all the right moves on each horse,which was impressive. Hes not perfect,but he came close to it today. 

Perhaps w house will be our leading junior  driver next year?

Edited by the galah
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, the galah said:

Wilson house almost had the perfect day today. 5 wins and 1 second from 6 drives.

Only beaten a nose in the race he ran second.

wow .that is super impressive . not far off the Big Six.

Carter Dalgety has plenty of fans so can't see him heading him off.

Nz well represented today at Albion Park in 2023 Australasian Young drivers Championship.

I went along to have a look and Sarah O'Reilly and Zev Meredith WON a heat each , and Crystal Hackett has 7 more heats this week to try and join them with a Winner.

Wonder if the kiwi youngsters can Go 1. 2. 3 ..... might go close.

• Like 1

All you can do is win, but to be fair it wasnt difficult to win 5 with the horses he drove.

He did drive well and with a lot more confidence than he used to!

Boyz Invasion, Superstar Legend, Jonny mac, all been multiple winners from the House Stable were pretty much racing less than good horses so shouldve won!

The other 2 were made horses by Regan Todd and Bruce Hutton and beat  nothing of note!

Great to see young House driving so well but needs to be put into perspective, just reasonable horses from the south beating poor horses from Central!

Not too sure how on earth the stake money is so good when the betting turnover is so crap?

Edited by Brodie

6 hours ago, Brodie said:

Not too sure how on earth the stake money is so good when the betting turnover is so crap?

Hi Brodie

Like it or lump it, Harness Racing is bulk funded now, all comes out of the same big pool. Others would say good turnover clubs subsidise lesser clubs but it is what it is.

Well he had a great night 2 nights ago,but not sure punters who backed superstar legend tonight will be too happy.

Not sure what he was thinking when he let the outside horse box him in with 250m to go.Only had to pull out to win,but he waited far too long and the gap had closed.

Edited by the galah

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Well he had a great night 2 nights ago,but not sure punters who backed superstar legend tonight will be too happy.

Not sure what he was thinking when he let the outside horse box him in with 250m to go.Only had to pull out to win,but he waited far too long and the gap had closed.

Well if you read the stipes report you would think that his drive was totally fine.

the videos on the hrnz website. Its race 7.

Unbelievably they didn't even bother to ask him why he never pulled out when driving the hot favorite. He may have had a reasonable explanation,but punters will never know because the stipes didn't think it worth asking.i know hes a young fella,but everyone should be treated the same.

Anyone with a memory knows that drives not as bad have resulted in suspensions for drivers.

tim williams was suspended for a drive where  he failed to pull out. Wasn't that at motukarara or addington or both.Maurice mckendry. the fella ford who drives the trotters.I'm sure theres been others.

To be honest its a bit of the same oldd same old.. What happens at palmerston north is not subject to the same scrutiny as other places. I guess its a north island thing.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, the galah said:

Well if you read the stipes report you would think that his drive was totally fine.

the videos on the hrnz website. Its race 7.

Unbelievably they didn't even bother to ask him why he never pulled out when driving the hot favorite. He may have had a reasonable explanation,but punters will never know because the stipes didn't think it worth asking.i know hes a young fella,but everyone should be treated the same.

Anyone with a memory knows that drives not as bad have resulted in suspensions for drivers.

tim williams was suspended for a drive where  he failed to pull out. Wasn't that at motukarara or addington or both.Maurice mckendry. the fella ford who drives the trotters.I'm sure theres been others.

To be honest its a bit of the same oldd same old.. What happens at palmerston north is not subject to the same scrutiny as other places. I guess its a north island thing.

Pretty average performance compared to first night !

Jonny Mac was driven far too conservatively as well considering the class of the horses and the size of the field!

Shouldve moved before Bad Medicine did.

Cert beaten, and no didnt back it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Pretty average performance compared to first night !

Jonny Mac was driven far too conservatively as well considering the class of the horses and the size of the field!

Shouldve moved before Bad Medicine did.

Cert beaten, and no didnt back it!

Yes i watched that race and was thinking exactly the same thing.

David butcher just out drove him tactically,but then again david butcher is very, very clever..

W house driving on the first nigh showed that he has the talent. You don't get the results he did without that.

But at this stage theres not the consistency to his tactical nous .Hes getting there,but I had thought after the first night it had just been a confidence thing,but he didn't perform to the same level last night.i read somewhere that hes only about 19. so for someone so young he is doing well.

racing at palmerston north can be tricky.Theres only a few drivers that go there. D butcher and b butcher would be the best .

• Like 2