Bit Of A Yarn

Second Day @ Marlborough Picks.

R1......Bottom and top.....KOWHAI SUMMIT...looked good once balanced on the first day. Jones stable firing as is Samanatha Otlley ...a good beginning and could win. 

POPNROCK had trialed well prior to Nelson but bad manners have let the side down. Drawn well here. A safe getaway and it's game on.

R2.....MELODY ARDERN with Tim Williams and the premier draw should get a good run and win. 

ROCKSENT was very solid on Friday and no disgrace being beaten by Twista. 

R3.......ALTA SHOWGIRL is the best horse in the race and with JD driving in an average field, should win. 

R4.......SARASOTA SUNSET was strong at the finish. Could win if luck on her side. 

RAZORS EDGE got my attention on Friday. Not exactly sure where his fitness level is but was not knocked around. With a clear run can be in the finish.

R5......EYRE I WILL was only just nutted on day 1 by a horse with an easy run. Stable in form. Should lead and win.

R6.....MIDFREW LUCRE ran very nicely on the first day. Bob takes over. Should go very close.

R7.....SOVIET STAR capped off some solid Nelson runs to win on Friday. Can double up.

R8......no reason MUSCLE BANK can't double up.

ZSA ZOE looks a great place bet.

R9......JACCKA OPA drawn ice. Just getting warmed up on Friday. Can win.

R10.....MOSSDALE BEN is my bet of the meeting. The distance suits and he just wins. 

GET UP N DANCE is a superb animal and has gone great at the trials. 

DOUBLE TIME is the main danger to the above.

R11.....MILLWOOD INDIE could make it a double for the stable.

R12.....MM SUNSHINE was nice in victory on day 1 and can double up.

SON OF PATRICK was very solid on Friday and a genuine win chance here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walt said:

R1......Bottom and top.....KOWHAI SUMMIT...looked good once balanced on the first day. Jones stable firing as is Samanatha Otlley ...a good beginning and could win. 

POPNROCK had trialed well prior to Nelson but bad manners have let the side down. Drawn well here. A safe getaway and it's game on.

R2.....MELODY ARDERN with Tim Williams and the premier draw should get a good run and win. 

R3.......ALTA SHOWGIRL is the best horse in the race and with JD driving in an average field, should win. 

R4.......SARASOTA SUNSET was strong at the finish. Could win if luck on her side. 

RAZORS EDGE got my attention on Friday. Not exactly sure where his fitness level is but was not knocked around. With a clear run can be in the finish.

R5......EYRE I WILL was only just nutted on day 1 by a horse with an easy run. Stable in form. Should lead and win.

R6.....MIDFREW LUCRE ran very nicely on the first day. Bob takes over. Should go very close.

R7.....SOVIET STAR capped off some solid Nelson runs to win on Friday. Can double up.

R10.....MOSSDALE BEN is my bet of the meeting. The distance suits and he just wins. 

Miley Ace a good place bet from the draw I had a go on that.

Watch That Man better draw with driver change I had a go on that.

Tokyo Rose looks the best in that race for me thought it might have been shorter than 3.80

Dashing Major I like for a place in that and over the odds at $4.50

• Like 1

My tips would be 

race 1 royal diedre-

3. mileys ace

5.bennie and the jets

6.watch that man

8 .muscle bank

11. milwood indie. 

all should win easy.I will take a multi and retire from the profits and never to be heard of again on bit of a yarn.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, the galah said:

all should win easy.I will take a multi and retire from the profits and never to be heard of again on bit of a yarn.

About $1000-1 either of those events occuring ??😋😅💰 hahaha

I've got this second day covered anyway. (using some of Walts local knowledge)

**Have abandoned the trotting races ( to avoid a galloper) 

**Have abandoned the ''Win market multi (everything keeps running 2nd at the wrong moment )

So have embraced the First Day Pacers who ALL ran 2nd !!  to place again. worth a tenner? 

So it's a SEVEN SPOT to run a place ''place Multi .''... = 💰💰💰  $120-1   Sportsbet. 

R2 FredAstair $2.65   R4 Judine $1.75   R6 Quicksmart $2.50   R7 Style Council $1.95

R9 Jaccka Opa $1.90     R10 Mossdale Ben $1.65      R11 Millwood Indie $1.70

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Walt said:

Don't take offence just my opinion and advice.popnrock yes.melody Arden no.alta showgirl absolutely no.race 4 no to them two.eyre I will no it's a cognitive impairment cat.i wrote to mark Jones and said take the horse to the winning post with a bucket and 3 litres of milk and say good boy.race 6 definitely no.race 7 yes.race 8 muscle bank I backed day 1 no to today absolutely no especially at the price.race 9 yes.race 10 yes with Ben jakel&hide hope who had a absolute shocker day 1.,race 11 Millwood indie can join Eyre I will at the winning post cat.i backed it day 1.no..race 12 yes.where I say yes means chance.good luck as we all need it 💕💪

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Miley Ace a good place bet from the draw I had a go on that.

Watch That Man better draw with driver change I had a go on that.

Tokyo Rose looks the best in that race for me thought it might have been shorter than 3.80

Dashing Major I like for a place in that and over the odds at $4.50

I don't disagree with your opinion except the ones I said no to on wait picks

12 hours ago, the galah said:

My tips would be 

race 1 royal diedre-

3. mileys ace

5.bennie and the jets

6.watch that man

8 .muscle bank

11. milwood indie. 

Looks ok apart from last two.its easier to pick losers instead of winners.best of luck🤞

• Like 1

14 hours ago, the galah said:

My tips would be 

race 1 royal diedre-

3. mileys ace

5.bennie and the jets

6.watch that man

8 .muscle bank

11. milwood indie. 

Lol you getting horse names wrong like Brodster,

Thing is we see so many horse names and go from memory Gslah!

If Royal Deidre was in the first, at her best she would win by 100 metres 😂 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Brodie said:

yes it should be deidre franco.

I just put total of $60 on it and its price immediately dropped from $5 to 4.80 to 4.50 to 4.20. All in the one price move because thats how their algorythms work when i have a bet. Funny thing is every time i put an each way bet on these days,whether it be the day before or 2 hours before or whatever,there is 3 immediate price alterations in one go and i only place 2 bets(win and top 3).

Honestly,i think its a good chance but $4.20 is not a good price.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

We are all contributing something how about you do the same instead of correcting a Spelling issue nitpicking .its always the same line about the tab.boo who.you should watch Mikey a pro gambler from las vegas about bans.you might learn something instead of crying about it all the time.get over it

1 hour ago, Forbury said:

We are all contributing something how about you do the same instead of correcting a Spelling issue nitpicking .its always the same line about the tab.boo who.you should watch Mikey a pro gambler from las vegas about bans.you might learn something instead of crying about it all the time.get over it

Lol Forbury it was picked up that I got a name wrong hesterday and commented on!

How about you use Capitals?

Edited by Brodie

19 hours ago, the galah said:

Good chance you will find yourself severely restricted if you come out of retirement in the future.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Good chance you will find yourself severely restricted if you come out of retirement in the future.

4 wins and a 3rd from 6 picks ok.

Bennie and the jets didn't go as well as i thought it might when running 3rd,while the one that missed,Watch that man would have won had it got a clear run.

So as per normal these days,there always seems one that misses and the multi misses.Bugga.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Forbury said:

Don't take offence just my opinion and advice.popnrock yes.melody Arden no.alta showgirl absolutely no.race 4 no to them two.eyre I will no it's a cognitive impairment cat.i wrote to mark Jones and said take the horse to the winning post with a bucket and 3 litres of milk and say good boy.race 6 definitely no.race 7 yes.race 8 muscle bank I backed day 1 no to today absolutely no especially at the price.race 9 yes.race 10 yes with Ben jakel&hide hope who had a absolute shocker day 1.,race 11 Millwood indie can join Eyre I will at the winning post cat.i backed it day 1.no..race 12 yes.where I say yes means chance.good luck as we all need it 💕💪

Absolutely no offence. I love the fact we are sharing our thoughts pre race. Long may that continue. 

We are likely going to get it wrong more often than not but hearing the thoughts of others encourages me to re-examine my own picks.

Perhaps we should have punting competitions on good meetings where you get 5 points for first, 3 points for second and 1 point for third. Double points if your win price is $10 or better and $3 or better for place.

On 20/01/2024 at 4:28 PM, Walt said:

I hope you stuck with sods law after tipping him out the first day, nice div for a 10 race winner, when rest of field mostly 1 to two wins. I back up on elbury street looked unlucky, Jimmy Arma finally got a win after plenty practice over the whole circuit, coast included 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, the galah said:

My tips would be 

race 1 royal diedre-

3. mileys ace

5.bennie and the jets

6.watch that man

8 .muscle bank

11. milwood indie. 

Should have punted your picks instead of my unlucky nags from first day, although I did back first one 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shad said:

I hope you stuck with sods law after tipping him out the first day, nice div for a 10 race winner, when rest of field mostly 1 to two wins. I back up on elbury street looked unlucky, Jimmy Arma finally got a win after plenty practice over the whole circuit, coast included 

I did Shad...my biggest frustration today was missing the 8k trifecta with my first pick Saratoga Sunset winning and my other pick Razor's Edge running 3rd.

The run of Razor's Edge encouraged me to believe it was the right day to stay with the stable and follow my dosh with Sods Law.

Disappointed the circuit is at an end. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

5 minutes ago, Walt said:

I did Shad...my biggest frustration today was missing the 8k trifecta with my first pick Saratoga Sunset winning and my other pick Razor's Edge running 3rd.

The run of Razor's Edge encouraged me to believe it was the right day to stay with the stable and follow my dosh with Sods Law.

I’m glad it’s over😆😆

Looking forward to Addington Friday, but more so the Aus gallops Saturday

• Haha 1

Just now, Newmarket said:

I’m glad it’s over😆😆

Looking forward to Addington Friday, but more so the Aus gallops Saturday

Always enjoy Addington but love my grass track harness. Can't get enough of it. 

• Champ Post 1

16 minutes ago, the galah said:

Watch that man would have won had it got a clear run.

Bookies would have been running for cover if that one had just run a place for my multis. Easy day on the punt and still can't believe they gave 3.50 for Tokyo Rose.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Always enjoy Addington but love my grass track harness. Can't get enough of it. 

Glad you had had great time Walt . Mossdale ben beaten by the handicap in the Cup. but that's the whole idea of handicaps to give everyone a chance. your 2nd pick winning off the front ok for John Dunn . Double Time should Win a few more races by the look of things.

The Galah and NoworNever with some great tipping too. Forb's reading the market was writing off Muscle Bank , but he was dominant. could go on and be a Addington Winner .

My place picks from the first day were terrible and not even close. I'll have to study harder lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Glad you had had great time Walt . Mossdale ben beaten by the handicap in the Cup. but that's the whole idea of handicaps to give everyone a chance. your 2nd pick winning off the front ok for John Dunn . Double Time should Win a few more races by the look of things.

The Galah and NoworNever with some great tipping too. Forb's reading the market was writing off Muscle Bank , but he was dominant. could go on and be a Addington Winner .

My place picks from the first day were terrible and not even close. I'll have to study harder lol.

You know how it works Gammalite. One day picking winners is too easy. The next day you can't buy a winner.

My dad would always tell me you can't be nice looking and lucky......but it's a bastard when you're neither :) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Nice work, and reward for loyalty, wondered when the Geddes horse would appear on the circuit, haven't seen any new charges from their stable for a while, mind you I guess there hard to find, remember their Dixie commando handy mare, very good effort from Saratoga sunset and very good drive, from the man that drove gypsie winkle for her first two wins, always sad to see the end of the circuit, the coast has a couple of days in March, did you guys lose your winter meetings, if so long time between drinks, not the same when their not on your doorstep, for me I do prefer the thoroughbreds, but alway support the standardbred and do enjoy them.

• Like 1