Bit Of A Yarn

Trentham off

Yip clearly over the last 2 racedays you could see it hasn't coped with the extra racing (in a short period) with Awapuni out.  Is the only operable racetrack within RACE now Otaki.  O shit I forgot they out of RACE now aren't they?  What a farce

• Like 1

We can sometimes be a bit critical, there were actually heaps of positives out of that abandonment:

1. At least it wasn't Wgtn Cup day

2. It happened just before the 5 horse race so saved the industry $50,000.

3. At least there were no public there so saved them being pissed off.

4. We still have a $1m sweepstake to look forward to.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Mark D said:

Yip clearly over the last 2 racedays you could see it hasn't coped with the extra racing (in a short period) with Awapuni out.  Is the only operable racetrack within RACE now Otaki.  O shit I forgot they out of RACE now aren't they?  What a farce

Bring back Foxton.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 3

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Pathetic….horse knuckled over when it was tired. No other horse slipped, jockeys don’t care that races off, they can all watch Karaka races. One reason that puts me off racing in nz

That's what I thought but with the added thought that the Jockeys left to ride at Wellington...well they're not the most capable!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Pathetic….horse knuckled over when it was tired. No other horse slipped, jockeys don’t care that races off, they can all watch Karaka races. One reason that puts me off racing in nz

You can hardly expect them to care with the way the industry treats them over tracks, 2 in the last 3 days off. Who'd want to be a rider.

Don't worry they'll suffocate it all out with stories of big Dave buying yearlings, Warren Kennedy being thankful for being in NZ, the huge resurgence in the industry that everyone is apparently talking about , BGP getting the red carpet treatment from the industry which they of course do out of the love of their hearts, moan some more about JMac not being in the Halbergs etc etc etc ... then hold you down till you admit that you've never in all your life looked forward to anything more than KM night at the new Ellerslie!

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Bring back Foxton

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

That's what I thought but with the added thought that the Jockeys left to ride at Wellington...well they're not the most capable!

Do they(the jockeys) get compensated for abandonments-travel,lost riding fees etc

11 hours ago, Extra Dollars said:

Do they(the jockeys) get compensated for abandonments-travel,lost riding fees etc

Jockeys.
Where a Jockey is not able to fulfil any
riding engagements due to the
abandonment.
$300
Where a Jockey has ridden in 1 race on the
day but was unable to fulfil further
engagements due to the abandonment.
$200
Where a Jockey has travelled from one
Racing Region to any other Racing Region.
$200, in addition to the amount paid as
above.
Where a Jockey was able to fulfil 2 or more riding engagements before the meeting was
abandoned no compensation is paid.

1 hour ago, curious said:

Jockeys.
Where a Jockey is not able to fulfil any
riding engagements due to the
abandonment.
$300
Where a Jockey has ridden in 1 race on the
day but was unable to fulfil further
engagements due to the abandonment.
$200
Where a Jockey has travelled from one
Racing Region to any other Racing Region.
$200, in addition to the amount paid as
above.
Where a Jockey was able to fulfil 2 or more riding engagements before the meeting was
abandoned no compensation is paid.

So at Trentham they were paid nothing other than what they earned in riding fees from the races that were run.

Of course there may have been a case where a Jockey had yet to ride so therefore would have been compensated as per above.