Bit Of A Yarn

Winx - Why is she so great

FeelTheFear

5 minutes ago, mardigras said:

The person that put $200k+ on her will hope the run continues!

Savvy is available at 200s+

200s probably about right though I wish Ray and Jill, Pitty, CWJ and co the best of luck. Whether Winx should be $1.30 ish is another question.

Edited by curious
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Turny said:

Just a pleasure to watch - great ride CWJ, undone by no early pace but this is top drawer animals and she is aclick below them

Wee  thing..she tried her little heart out. I’ve owned a few MV winners and you shouldn’t get caught on the fence.

in saying that, I hope they leave her in OZ...they’ll be a nice race for her in the Autumn. Is she as good as Lucia Valentina? Not sure,   But she deserves a crack at a good mares race. She really can’t enhance her value in NZ...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaltedMilkshake said:

Wee  thing..she tried her little heart out. I’ve owned a few MV winners and you shouldn’t get caught on the fence.

in saying that, I hope they leave her in OZ...they’ll be a nice race for her in the Autumn. Is she as good as Lucia Valentina? Not sure,   But she deserves a crack at a good mares race. She really can’t enhance her value in NZ...

I think the Matriarch is her aim

20 minutes ago, Freda said:

I think the Matriarch is her aim

Savvy Coup didn't look to settle that well and I think Flemington will suit her her.  I find it hard to believe that NZ's best is that much behind AUS's.

In saying that AUS's best is at least 3 lengths shy of the champion WINX.  She is unbelievable. I watched her win and was so engrossed watching her that I missed the first quarter of the All Black test!  She looked in great heart after the race and looked like it had just been a training canter. 

1 hour ago, Freda said:

Wash your mouth out ....

Rugby's become a bore Freda.

Kirwan was bang on the other day with his comments about a revamp for super rugby, ditch it and get back to parochial provincial stuff and have a few Aussie teams in our league. Would rather watch Waikato playing Canterbury than Chiefs playing Crusaders.

The chiefs have been a no identity side since inception, having been a mix of Waikato, Counties, Northland, North Harbour (I think, not sure on that one), BOP, Taranaki. its no wonder no one is interested.

Edited by barryb

The oppo have had 29 chances to beat her.. not a single horse has done so, at the highest level ..not at  Randwick or Rosehill or Flemington or Caulfield or Moonee Valley,  good tracks, bad tracks, and everything in between  ...good draws, wide draws,c et

...running handy or running back, coming through the field or over the top... Winx has demonstrated not just a WILL TO WIN but a physical ability to win under all conditions, distances (to 2200m) and track conditions.

She is the best we will ever see. She has nothing left to prove. I would have loved to have seen her in Dubai or at Royal Ascot or Longchamps ..but fully understand why she hasn't travelled to find the best of the rest. She has trounced those that came Down Under to knock her off her perch. She is the Queen of the Turf, bar none.

• Champ Post 2

I know it is hard to compare champions from different eras but she is at least equal with the top if not the best of all time.  

We subsconciously tend to downgrade her wins because of the ease she wins by.   But look back at some of those she has beaten but not just beaten has put away.  Multiple group winners who have gone on and won millions in stakes in their own right.

The only thing she lacks is the physical presence of some of champions gone by.  She must have one helluva motor inside.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I know it is hard to compare champions from different eras but she is at least equal with the top if not the best of all time.  

We subsconciously tend to downgrade her wins because of the ease she wins by.   But look back at some of those she has beaten but not just beaten has put away.  Multiple group winners who have gone on and won millions in stakes in their own right.

The only thing she lacks is the physical presence of some of champions gone by.  She must have one helluva motor inside.

quite right, CS ...and the win on Saturday looked "all over" at the 800m, the way she was travelling.. and I don't think Huey even showed her the whip and was easing her down the last few strides ..remarkable.'

21 minutes ago, Weasel said:

quite right, CS ...and the win on Saturday looked "all over" at the 800m, the way she was travelling.. and I don't think Huey even showed her the whip and was easing her down the last few strides ..remarkable.'

I knew she was going to winbefore the race, I knew it 100% at the 800m, she was travelling beautifully and looked ready to pounce. As much as I worshipped Sunline and a few others, she is the best I have seen

• Like 1

Would love to see her run against a top class miler, but that will never happen. That's at no fault of her own and I can't blame connections for wanting to run for big money on their home tracks.

However, in years to come, I can guarantee you Chris Waller goes to sleep thinking that he had a horse good enough to travel and she never left the country. Imagine seeing Winx line up against Enable, Cracksman, or any of the top-rated horses in the world.

It would be a sight rarely seen, but the money is simply too strong in Australia and it's not like the owners are short of a penny.

• Like 1