Bit Of A Yarn

"Riccarton Track Man far too busy to talk"

Thomass

FFS....

So J Tan tries to ring Al Chappy for a wee chat about the Track..and its prep...for tomorrow 

Na...too busy

Cmon Al...you're a servant to the Industry...

If you're too f in busy...get your Manager to phone TRACKSIDES manager and let's do this

The old days of staying non compuss mentors is long gone Al

Oh and that's right

Youre the Head of the Track Managers Assoc. That didnt want Punters receiving the real Pen. Readings

Get out of your cocoon Al...the Industry continues to FAIL PUNTERS

and your part of the f in problem

• Like 1

I couldn't give a flying f if Al is bottle nosed Dolphin up to his armpits in fish from a flood Bazzy

Punters have every right to know the state of things from Media inquiries

If Al's full brim..he delegates the job of Media Relations and his boss Millsy takes over

Media comes first...ok?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thomass said:

I couldn't give a flying f if Al is bottle nosed Dolphin up to his armpits in fish from a flood Bazzy

If Al's full brim..he delegates the job of Media Relations and his boss Millsy takes over

Media comes first...ok?

Those intelligent like me have already marked it a heavy 11, we do our own research.

• Like 4

On 8/11/2018 at 6:04 PM, Thomass said:

Media comes first...ok?

Al might be having personal issues...wife problems....secret gambling problems.....ease up on the man. Hell of a lot of stress in racing

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Any chance it may be cancelled.

Dont think so. Rain starting to ease, will just be a bog of a track with a huge % of horses bo chance at the hop. 

Look at Melbourne on their cup day, huge downfall yet improved in a couple of races. Why, well they have drainage!! Riccarton had their chance to put drainage all around the track, but just did a half arsed piss poor job. Should have just laid a million tampons around the track

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Dont think so. Rain starting to ease, will just be a bog of a track with a huge % of horses bo chance at the hop. 

Look at Melbourne on their cup day, huge downfall yet improved in a couple of races. Why, well they have drainage!! Riccarton had their chance to put drainage all around the track, but just did a half arsed piss poor job. Should have just laid a million tampons around the track

You're onto it NM

Meanwhile we persevere with crap tracks and wonder why our wagering figs are heading south

Edited by hesi
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, barryb said:

Those intelligent like me have already marked it a heavy 11, we do our own research.

Gee Bazz...

Started a 10....

Oatham gets on and tells us it's on the cuthp of S 9

Seriously...where do these boys at NZTR and RIU get off by hiding the Pen. Reading on the morning of the race?

Has nobody heard that information = punting confidence?

Just keep giving Punters crap like that John...but you don't care because you don't PUNT

ffs

13 minutes ago, Hedley said:

It was never a H10., it was an 8-7-then a 6 for the last 4 races

Cheers Hedley...the RIU report says it started off as an H 10 then retrospectively changed to S 9 after R 1

It may well have been what you say...but my beef is the RIU failing to tell Punters that the Track Penetrometer was on the cusp of H 10-S9

It was always listed before the race as H10

Only those watching Trackside at 11am were told the actual reading

Punters deserve to be told what the Pen. Reading actually was..on the CUSP...at 7.30!

Edited by Thomass
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

On 8/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, Thomass said:

FFS....

So J Tan tries to ring Al Chappy for a wee chat about the Track..and its prep...for tomorrow 

Na...too busy

Cmon Al...you're a servant to the Industry...

If you're too f in busy...get your Manager to phone TRACKSIDES manager and let's do this

The old days of staying non compuss mentors is long gone Al

Oh and that's right

Youre the Head of the Track Managers Assoc. That didnt want Punters receiving the real Pen. Readings

Get out of your cocoon Al...the Industry continues to FAIL PUNTERS

and your part of the f in problem

Talking Heads have a concert in Christchurch this week

16 minutes ago, TIME FOR CHANGE said:

Must have got a phone call from a leading stable and told to water the track.

As 10mils applied this afternoon.

WHY WHY WHY

What is wring with a Good 3 track.

Exactly!

Someone has done a Lee Freedman on them and threatened to scratch if they didn't water the track.

It had copious amounts of rain on it Friday and they are irrigating today??????

Incidentally a couple of months back I got stuck in about them watering the track and got a fair bit of rubbishing on here for saying that that day the times indicated it was worse than the published dead 4.  Now on Saturdays heavy 10 come slow 9 come slow 8 they were only running a second or so slower (and comparable times in the 1200m race).  Pretty hard to believe that on two tracks fully 4-6 points different they was that little difference in times posted?

One might be forced to conclude that there is an element of unreliability in their pentrometer readings?  We at Reefton have an excuse cos we are amateurs but according to the Prophet Winston these boys are the bees knees. 

Edited by Reefton

4 hours ago, Freda said:

Like I said earlier, readings would be anyone's guess until racing is conducted and times/riders comments are made known.

Science?  bollocks...

My understanding is they try to gallop a couple of horses on the morning and get the opinion of riders as well

Especially at a major meeting...

If that was the case...and Oatham told a few that were watching at 11 am

That it was "on the cusp of 9"

Surely Punters should know that from 7.30 ...when the Stewards set the reading?