Bit Of A Yarn

Te Rapa today - a BIG SERVE to the Club and CEO

Weasel

Went to Te Rapa today...had an Owners ticket, which gave me access to sweet fanny adams..BUT the one thing it did give was one free drink in the Parade ring prior to a particular race...so off I trit with my mate who co-owns a horse ...THE FREE DRINKS DID NOT INCLUDE STILL WHITE WINE OR STILL RED WINE ...only 'bubbles' (a no-name imported sugary pop akin to Lindauer) or 'an extended selection of beers (translation: a few more variations on a cheap theme).

Note to Ken Rutherford and Committee (someone please tell him/ them): Do you wonder why people don't want to get involved as owners in this industry, when you cant even offer them a semi-decent quaffer when they turn up for the afternoon?

in the upstairs lounge, two glasses of wine and two pies cost: $29

WHAT A RIP OFF.

Get it sorted! I for one will not be coming back to that track without a very good reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Repeated across the country this is Weasel, of all the people connected with racing the poor owner is the one most frequently kicked in the nuts.

I have been to New Plymouth and had a boiled egg offer in the owners after race function. Some of the best treatment of owners I have seen is at the likes of Tauherenikau, Wanganui, Hastings, Hawera, Timaru, Matamata.

Its time NZ racing produced a Gold, Silver, Bronze, annual membership card that guarantees you certain privileges on race day.

1 horse owned at 10% or more Bronze.

2-4 Owned at 10% or above Silver.

5 & above Gold Membership.

Edited by barryb

9 hours ago, barryb said:

Repeated across the country this is Weasel, of all the people connected with racing the poor owner is the one most frequently kicked in the nuts.

I have been to New Plymouth and had a boiled egg offer in the owners after race function. Some of the best treatment of owners I have seen is at the likes of Tauherenikau, Wanganui, Hastings, Hawera, Timaru, Matamata.

Its time NZ racing produced a Gold, Silver, Bronze, annual membership card that guarantees you certain privileges on race day.

1 horse owned at 10% or more Bronze.

2-4 Owned at 10% or above Silver.

5 & above Gold Membership.

Great idea Baz.

Edited by Freda

It seems amazing that clubs with the resources that Te Rapa have provide an average experience,  I've been there a few times and even as a racing tragic its not up to standard given its resources. Its supposed to be the showcase course for racing in the  heartland of  thoroughbred code ffs.

The amazing thing to me is that the club appear to be given feedback about a number of issues but nothing changes, perhaps its a better experience if youre in a TA syndicate at Te Rapa.

• Like 1

This lot is in charge

About Waikato Racing Club

The Waikato Racing Club is the host club conducting 16 licenses of the 18 racedays held annually at Te Rapa Racecourse, Hamilton. The racetrack is one of the best in the country and provides an excellent surface all year round. The club has recently renovated the second and third floor of the international grandstand, as well as the commercial kitchen. With a healthy growing membership and support from long term sponsors the Club continues to develop. As a racecourse and function centre, we look forward to seeing you on course!

Te Rapa Team

Ken Rutherford, MNZM Photo
Ken Rutherford, MNZM

CEO

Brad Childs Photo
Brad Childs

Racecourse Manager

Vickie Mullan Photo
Vickie Mullan

Business Operations Manager

Board Members

Karyn Fenton-Ellis, MNZM Photo